Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Forget Ben and MJ for the moment... it's Peter who really needs to get fixed. That would start by canning Wells...
    YES fix Peter, stop making him being a man child and be a responsible adult.

Wells is not the problem, he is the symptom, he pitch his Spider-Man idea, the people running at Marvel are the one who chose it. He wants to write Spider-Man adventures, he was excited about his Gang War, not Peter' life, I see no effort that he put in it.

Marvel needs to let go the old guard and / or have ones not write the same status quo.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    YES fix Peter, stop making him being a man child and be a responsible adult.

Wells is not the problem, he is the symptom, he pitch his Spider-Man idea, the people running at Marvel are the one who chose it. He wants to write Spider-Man adventures, he was excited about his Gang War, not Peter' life, I see no effort that he put in it.

Marvel needs to let go the old guard and / or have ones not write the same status quo.
    He should be more capable... Hell, in all honesty, he should be better than the other Spider-People. That is my disconnect... not saying the others are bad or anything, but he's the original, treat him like the icon he is. Amp his powers, give him some new extra gadgets, let him win far more fights, stop having everyone talk down to him. Can he still have 'The Parker Luck'? Sure. But that doesn't mean it has to be dialed up to a million like this current run. Give him wins and losses, but balance it out already!

He should be more capable... Hell, in all honesty, he should be better than the other Spider-People. That is my disconnect... not saying the others are bad or anything, but he's the original, treat him like the icon he is. Amp his powers, give him some new extra gadgets, let him win far more fights, stop having everyone talk down to him. Can he still have 'The Parker Luck'? Sure. But that doesn't mean it has to be dialed up to a million like this current run. Give him wins and losses, but balance it out already!
    I already mentioned it last page but... again... I think Richard Rider is a perfect example of where I wanted Peter to be at this stage. Like Peter, he grew up. Like Peter, he's had to mature. Like Peter, he's lost a ton. Like Peter, he always pulls through. Like Peter, he has a younger hero that stepped up to fill his mantle. UNLIKE Peter, Richard keeps stepping up and being this great hero and role model. Watching Miles chew Peter out and reminding him of his hero vows is so different than when Sam had to resort to the same to motivate Rich from his own demons.

... yes, I'm pimping Nova again. No, I will not apologize. It's crazy that Peter thought Nova was the same age as him, and Rich thought he was OLDER than Peter. The fact that Rich was initially a whole "second generation" hero behind Peter - and is now this "old guy" to the Champions generation - really screws over the whole "we have to keep Peter young" argument.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I already mentioned it last page but... again... I think Richard Rider is a perfect example of where I wanted Peter to be at this stage. Like Peter, he grew up. Like Peter, he's had to mature. Like Peter, he's lost a ton. Like Peter, he always pulls through. Like Peter, he has a younger hero that stepped up to fill his mantle. UNLIKE Peter, Richard keeps stepping up and being this great hero and role model. Watching Miles chew Peter out and reminding him of his hero vows is so different than when Sam had to resort to the same to motivate Rich from his own demons.

... yes, I'm pimping Nova again. No, I will not apologize. It's crazy that Peter thought Nova was the same age as him, and Rich thought he was OLDER than Peter. The fact that Rich was initially a whole "second generation" hero behind Peter - and is now this "old guy" to the Champions generation - really screws over the whole "we have to keep Peter young" argument.
    Do not apologize. At all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    You literally can write Ben out by having him and Janine marry and have them move outside the state somewhere nice and start a new life. And then just have him pop every now and then.
    Can’t we have MJ and Ben marry and move out of state instead? Peter belongs with Janice.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Can’t we have MJ and Ben marry and move out of state instead? Peter belongs with Janice.
    Did you mean Janine? It would be the ultimate douchebag move by Peter. In line with editorial view of the character so it'd make sense

I'm still kind of miffed how that arc used Worldmind and tried to make Rich and Gamora into something that it wasn't (though part of that came from Bendis).

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Did you mean Janine? It would be the ultimate douchebag move by Peter. In line with editorial view of the character so it'd make sense
    You haven't read a lot of ARkadelphia's posts on this subject, have you?

They didn't make a mistake.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

The Parker Luck is lazy writing, if fact how today writers use it is completely wrong. In the early history of Spider-Man, he had to make a choice either go after the villains or go do his commitments to his friends and family.

He always chooses Spider-Man, this makes Spider-Man responsible and Peter a loser, which I found ironically because of the great speech of responsibility.

Peter seems to be a man in his early 30s, in real life that is considered a middle age man, and he got nothing to show for. This how not to make Spider-Man relatable, in my opinion to make him relatable is to show how he juggling his responsibilities. In real life if we need to make time for everything and some stuff to put on hold until we get back to it.

I think we at least ready for someone to take over the main Spider-Man, or in my own opinion a new Spider-Man not connected or connected to currently Spider-People. Ben could take over again, when he came back, I thought Marvel was going that route, by as always they took the easily way.
    Last edited by 9AlphaOmega1; 12-05-2023 at 01:13 AM.

I did in fact mean Janine. And no, I wasn’t 100% serious.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I did in fact mean Janine. And no, I wasn’t 100% serious.
    Peter dating Janine would make Ben's Chasm even bigger

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Peter dating Janine would make Ben's Chasm even bigger
    She could also get with Kaine Parker and it'd have the same effect. He's not dating anyone at the moment
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 12-05-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    She could also get with Kaine Parker and it'd have the same effect. He's not dating anyone at the moment
    That be strange considering Kaine tried to kill her multiple times
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This is just reminding me how it's probably for the best they haven't brought Kaine back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is just reminding me how it's probably for the best they haven't brought Kaine back.
    Pretty sure I read they’re bringing Kaine back, lol.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu