View Poll Results: Who do you think should the 7th member of the JLA's Big Seven

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martian Manhunter

86 76.11%
  • Cyborg

4 3.54%
  • Plastic Man

1 0.88%
  • Hawkman

3 2.65%
  • Hawkwoman

1 0.88%
  • Black Canary

5 4.42%
  • Robin

1 0.88%
  • Shazam

1 0.88%
  • Detective Chimp

2 1.77%
  • Somebody Else

9 7.96%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Well we were talking about popularity League status and starring in books and stuff, though.

Hal’s def. the favorite child. He even came back from the dead just to screw Kyle over!
    More like he came back from the dead because he got screwed over. And he's such a favorite child that he's either never there or always being replaced.

^^^Agree to disagree.

^^^Agree to disagree.
    Fair enough. The facts speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    More like he came back from the dead because he got screwed over. And he's such a favorite child that he's either never there or always being replaced.
    ^^^Agree to disagree.
    I would say Hal gets swapped out for another Green Lantern much more often than Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or Flash do by a member of their family, but he is there sometimes - more often outside the main JL series in non-canonical or stand-alone stories like "Last Ride" and the Godzilla mini.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-06-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Fair enough. The facts speak for themselves.
    ^^^Ah, the last getter. Got it.

Extraordinary Member

Well alrighr

It's Martian Manhunter. Unless it's superfriends of course.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I think that scan proves my point.

It's J'onn.

Of course it is.

There's a lot of bigger names with long League history, like Arrow and Canary and Atom. It could be them.

There's a lot of characters who're more popular but don't have a ton of League history who could step into that spot, like Lightning, Cyborg, or gods help us, Harley. Could be any of them.

But it's J'onn. He was there from the start, he's been in damn near every iteration of the team and even when he's not a member he doesn't seem to be too far away. He's a living history of the League; to know who J'onn is and what he's been through is to know the League's history and what they've done.

I got nothing against DC changing the roster around (as they do) and leaving J'onn out of it sometimes. That's fine, dude doesn't have to *always* be on the team and it'd get stale if he was. But end of the day, we all know J'onn's home is the League, that's where he belongs. And no matter how far he wanders or for how long, or who fills in for him while he's gone, he'll find his way back eventually.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Is making up second, third, and fourth accounts and responding to oneself on boards like these....healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Is making up second, third, and fourth accounts and responding to oneself on boards like these....healthy?
    What do accounts #2 and #3 think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Then where is my Martian man hunter sneaker?

https://x.com/dcofficial/status/1720...jJ3z6TXVzl8ksw
    To be honest, any customized sneaker you make would likely be better than anything they’d come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think we can all agree that six of the JLA's "Big Seven" are...

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    One of the Flashes
    Some Green Lantern
    Aquaman

but who really deserves the spot of the 7th member?
    With 82 people having voted so far,
    * Martian Manhunter = 63 votes
    * "Somebody Else" = 6 votes
    All other options have less than five votes each.
    No votes yet for "Robin"; Plastic Man, Hawkwoman, and Shazam each have only one vote at present.

Regarding Robin, I don't mind if a Robin tags along on a few missions with the League. But not as a member, or even a reservist. You couldn't find a bigger, more iconic name to add to the team but I don't generally support minors joining the group and I don't think any of the Leaguers would be comfortable letting a kid run into the dangers they face. One thing to kick a mobster in the face, quite another to try fighting Darkseid.

Robin's a pillar of the DCU, not a Leaguer.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Regarding Robin, I don't mind if a Robin tags along on a few missions with the League. But not as a member, or even a reservist. You couldn't find a bigger, more iconic name to add to the team but I don't generally support minors joining the group and I don't think any of the Leaguers would be comfortable letting a kid run into the dangers they face. One thing to kick a mobster in the face, quite another to try fighting Darkseid.

Robin's a pillar of the DCU, not a Leaguer.
    i wouldnt downplay robin, hes tends to be more or equal experienced as the avergae leaguer and handles crisis similar to them, hes a fine reservist. Although, I like to think if batman is at the watchtower robin keeps gotham on watch.