View Poll Results: Who do you think should the 7th member of the JLA's Big Seven

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martian Manhunter

86 76.11%
  • Cyborg

4 3.54%
  • Plastic Man

1 0.88%
  • Hawkman

3 2.65%
  • Hawkwoman

1 0.88%
  • Black Canary

5 4.42%
  • Robin

1 0.88%
  • Shazam

1 0.88%
  • Detective Chimp

2 1.77%
  • Somebody Else

9 7.96%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

I don't think it matters much if the founders have any diversity points because we know that later on in their history they vote in members of all sizes, races, whatever.

Amazing Member

If the "Big Seven" is just the seven most popular Leaguers, I think Green Arrow definitely gets the seventh (or maybe even sixth) spot over J'onn, but I wouldn't want the one to take the other's place as a founder.

Honestly! DC needs to move on from that lineup form the 1960’s! I don’t see the Titans, X-Men or Avengers being held down by their OG lineups!

There’d be an uproar if the X-Men didn’t have Storm, Rogue or Wolverine, if the Avengers didn’t have Captain America (also they swap founders around depending on adaptations) or the Titans don’t have Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg…etc why is it so important the JL continuously has to have the same 7 characters… maybe that’s why JLU was so refreshing… plus the team needs more diversity if it wants to compete with the other teams
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Honestly! DC needs to move on from that lineup form the 1960’s! I don’t see the Titans, X-Men or Avengers being held down by their OG lineups!

There’d be an uproar if the X-Men didn’t have Storm, Rogue or Wolverine, if the Avengers didn’t have Captain America (also they swap founders around depending on adaptations) or the Titans don’t have Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg…etc why is it so important the JL continuously has to have the same 7 characters… maybe that’s why JLU was so refreshing… plus the team needs more diversity if it wants to compete with the other teams
    No some are being held down by certain versions.

Those versions vary by what you look at.

I have seen merchandise for JLA be certain versions.

Versions that still managed to exclude folks. I have seen New 52 JLA merch that left out Cyborg, WW and Aquaman.

I have seen merchandise that excluded Cyborg and John and included folks who were never leaguers like Batgirl and Supergirl.

Garth and Donna have been left out of adaptations of Teen Titans.

Folks can forget that 1960 version. Society has moved on from it.

Martian Manhunter was there from the start, and has been the most consistent JLA member through the decades.

So it's no surprise he's winning this poll by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think we can all agree that six of the JLA's "Big Seven" are...

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    One of the Flashes
    Some Green Lantern
    Aquaman

but who really deserves the spot of the 7th member?
    The Martian Manhunter without any doubt, one of the seven original (no retcon) founding members.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    You just need to see how much interest the general public has in him compared to Joker and Harley.

Superman is only A-list due to the nostalgia of being the first superhero, otherwise he has not been a profitable brand in decades. Forget the movies, even his TV shows struggle to get good viewership.
    Hmmmmm.

Who then are the DC comics by this non historical performance based definition that you are using?

Extraordinary Member

I think Green Arrow, he was iirc the first new addition after the JL was founded, he is after the big 6 the most successful one in terms of sales (about as successfull as Aquaman I think) and he has a family of somewhat popular legacy characters.

I guess either Martian, Dr. Fate, or Hawkman

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Zatanna, she has a unique powers that no one else in the league has.