Default Superverse Gift Ideas That Should Be Actually Real

Ground Rules: pitch a Superverse Gift Idea that doesn't yet exist but should. As much or as briefly as you like.

Must only feature Superverse proper characters (NO Justice League, Titans, Legion of Superheroes, etc).

My idea: The Superverse Chess Set.

Kings*: Lois Lane vs Lex Luthor
    Queens*: Superman vs Doomsday
    Bishops: John Henry Irons & Conner vs Brainiac & Mxyzptlk
    Knights: Jimmy Olsen & Krypto vs Metallo & Parasite
    Rooks: Supergirl & Power Gal vs Zod & Bizarro
    Pawns: S-Shields vs Lexcorp Logos

* = I know, I know: Lois would usually be the queen because she's a woman, but let's be honest, in this scenario, most fans would want the most powerful and central player from the comix to be the most powerful piece on the board.

But there is also a nice touch that the most vital piece on the board is also the most vulnerable, and that fits Lois to a tee.

Hail Chess King Lois and Chess Queen Superman!
    Boo Chess King Lex and Chess Queen Doomsday!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

A decent videogame would be really nice.

I'd very much like a proper, full sized high quality cape.

Heck, they could market it as a blanket-like thing you could wrap around yourself on the sofa. I'd defintely want that.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    A decent videogame would be really nice.

I'd very much like a proper, full sized high quality cape.

Heck, they could market it as a blanket-like thing you could wrap around yourself on the sofa. I'd defintely want that.
    didn't some media have Superman come to Earth with a blanket that's mostly solid-color but with the House of El logo?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    didn't some media have Superman come to Earth with a blanket that's mostly solid-color but with the House of El logo?
    That's been used a few times, good point. MAKE IT AND SELL IT TO ME DC!!!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That's been used a few times, good point. MAKE IT AND SELL IT TO ME DC!!!
    When I was about six or seven I knew a kid that had one of these. To this day I still have no idea where he got it.

My choices:

A comics accurate Lois Lane action figure.

And in the same vein:

Business suit Luthor action figure.

This is just for me and no one on the planet will ever want this but I kind of want a Superman figure from the Supergirl show. Complete with the cape clips. It's goofy and silly looking and I totally want it!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    When I was about six or seven I knew a kid that had one of these. To this day I still have no idea where he got it.
    Hmm now that I think about it again. I DO remember seeing DC comics branded children's bedding years ago.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I love the chess idea.

I was thinking of a Kryptonian decoder ring and somehow discovered this exists...
    https://theawesomer.com/the-kryptoni...-watch/569468/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I love the chess idea.

I was thinking of a Kryptonian decoder ring and somehow discovered this exists...
    https://theawesomer.com/the-kryptoni...-watch/569468/
    cool, but man that's expensive.

Also... did a quick search for "superman blanket"... that... got a lot of hits. including on Walmart.com....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm now that I think about it again. I DO remember seeing DC comics branded children's bedding years ago.
    Along with DC Comics branded children's underwear.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Superverse Playing Cards

Aces = Superman
    Kings = Lex Luthor
    Queens = Lois Lane
    Jacks = Doomsday
    10 = Supergirl
    9 = Brainiac
    8 = John Henry Irons
    7 = Mongul
    6 = Conner
    5 = Bizarro
    4 = Lana Lang
    3 = Parasite
    2 = Jimmy Olsen
    Joker = Mxyzptlk

No offense, but I don't want to see the chess idea if it's executed in the way the OP envisions it. Superman and Luthor would be king. It makes the most sense, regardless of the OP's "rationale."

One item I have never understood not existing is a Superman t-shirt that has a blue front panel with S-shield and blue sleeves but with a red back panel with the yellow S-shield. It would be the ultimate Superman costume t-shirt and would also look like a regular t-shirt, unlike those weird costume shirts with the muscles and attached cape.

I would also love to see someone make Kal-El's rocket, complete with a baby Kal-El, and a red beach towel with the yellow S-shield. Simple ideas all, yet they've eluded the marketing types for years.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

A Supermobile for kids along the lines of old school Big Wheels would be great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog