Spectacular Member

Default Recommended stories for Lois' backstory?

Hey, folks.

For various reasons I've been doing some research on Lois' background of late, and I've found to my dismay there's not really any big starter-pack on her origins. I guess since she's a supporting character, these kinds of details tend to be spread among the backgrounds of random issues instead of headlining their own stories, but even so I want to hunt down as much as I can. I want to learn more about how she grew up with Lucy and the General, how she got into journalism, her college years, what she did in Metropolis B.C. (Before Clark), etc.

So far the most comprehensive resource I've gotten is this, which wraps up pre-Crisis nicely. For Post-Crisis, I'm planning on reading World of Metropolis, as well as Newell's mini, but I know that's barely scratching the surface.

Give me your recs, one and all. Anything from before 2011 is fair game - Elseworlds, Lois & Clark, Smallville, etc.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Weird that this thread didn't show up for me yesterday

World of Metropolis, Man of Steel, and Action Comics #655 cover most of everything for her back story and most things are filled in going forward. Like Adventures of Superman #424-427 also include her mom and the connection to Lex.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

They're not comics, but the Lois Lane trilogy of young adult novels by Gwenda Bond gives her a good pre-Superman backstory.