Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I recall her interacting with Tony a few times.

Only classic comics and WWF got away with this stuff lol

It's weird that the new look feels more like it should be her design over Masque or Widow, but it undoubtedly comes from them. Also just a little chuckle at the change in hairstyles
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That design is too similar to modern Madame Masque. They need something closer to her classic look with the Star of David much more evident. I think she can forgo that furry cape. Was that representative of something from Jewish lore?
    The "prickly pear" indigenous to the region is the origin of the name Sabra

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That design is too similar to modern Madame Masque. They need something closer to her classic look with the Star of David much more evident. I think she can forgo that furry cape. Was that representative of something from Jewish lore?
    The current design is way too generic. I would go back to the classic design, but with longer and flatter hair. And the cape can be toned down if need be to be, so it's thinner and sleeker, but still prickly.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I liked Sabra's look when she fell in with the mutants in X-MEN but, then again, Carlos Pacheco and Phil Jimenez make everything look great...even a tattered uniform.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I liked Sabra's look when she fell in with the mutants in X-MEN but, then again, Carlos Pacheco and Phil Jimenez make everything look great...even a tattered uniform.

I might be remembering it wrong, but I want to say I read that she was supposed to join the X-men during this period, but the editors changed their minds.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I might be remembering it wrong, but I want to say I read that she was supposed to join the X-men during this period, but the editors changed their minds.
    That’s correct. Lobdell was going to add her to his adjectiveless X-Men roster post OZT, and Claremont would take over Uncanny. Lobdell and Harras would have a falling out, and Claremont would be offered both, but Harras had made a deal with Seagle and Kelly, so Claremont was offered Fantastic Four.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The current design is way too generic. I would go back to the classic design, but with longer and flatter hair. And the cape can be toned down if need be to be, so it's thinner and sleeker, but still prickly.
    hunh, hadn't figured her costume was prickly-pear themed. But yeah, the weird cape, it seems like it's spikey to go with how one of her powers is throwing spikes at people.

Ha ha they aren't bringing back the classic costume anytime soon for obvious reasons. But I would be down for her getting a more superheroic and less spy look. I also like the cape; they should keep that.

I wish she would join a X-Team. MY e a new Excalibur.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hunh, hadn't figured her costume was prickly-pear themed. But yeah, the weird cape, it seems like it's spikey to go with how one of her powers is throwing spikes at people.
    Yeah, they tried to make Sabra based on the sweet, but prickly pear idea, with barbed caped, and she shot spiky projectiles from her wrist-gauntlets.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wish she would join a X-Team. MY e a new Excalibur.
    I always thought she’d be a great fit for one of the stealth teams like X-Force.