Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sabra Appreciation 2023

Where we appreciate Ruth Bat-Seraph. Pretty much Israel's Captain America. The first Israeli superhero in comics. A mutant with superhuman capabilities and equipment lets her do more. Who made her comic debut in '80.

sabra.jpg
    Last edited by KurtW95; 11-02-2023 at 07:25 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I miss when comics actually tried to use foreign countries as more than just "places with even more people to beat up".

I like that Sabra had a few abilities and mixed them with some hi-tech equipment.

By the way, that is a nice pic of her!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Where we appreciate Ruth Bat-Seraph. Pretty much Israel's Captain America. The first Israeli superhero in comics. A mutant with superhuman capabilities and equipment lets her do more. Who made her comic debut in '71.

sabra.jpg
    Maybe 1981, but definitely not 1971!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like that Sabra had a few abilities and mixed them with some hi-tech equipment.

By the way, that is a nice pic of her!
    Also her ability to empower others had a semi-random effect in that it doesn't just make the target physically stronger. It MIGHT, or it might do something else, like letting them throw fireballs temporarily.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Maybe 1981, but definitely not 1971!
    end of 1980 in Hulk.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

My bad. Corrected.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

When she appeared in New Warriors, I swear there was chemistry between her and Justice. Though she might have been a bit old for him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also her ability to empower others had a semi-random effect in that it doesn't just make the target physically stronger. It MIGHT, or it might do something else, like letting them throw fireballs temporarily.
    I don't like that power and it was not one of those when she first apppeared.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    When she appeared in New Warriors, I swear there was chemistry between her and Justice. Though she might have been a bit old for him at the time.
    That is true.

I think, at least originally, Ruth was in her late 30's or early 40's and had a son about 10-14?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I always thought of Sabra as Marvel's best chance at having an equal to Wonder Woman. Her background is perfect for it.

Plus, they also would later give Sabra the one power that you rarely see in a superpowered flying brick. Wonder Woman has a lasso that magically compels truth, but Sabra can actually heal someone. Advantage Sabra.

Sure, that same ability also enables Sabra to empower others to a limited degree, but with so many top tier types out there who can only tear down and annihilate stuff, it's refreshing to have someone who can also aid allies as well as innocents harmed through no fault of their own.

I'm not sure if Sabra is currently running around with X-men, but if not, she'd be one of my first picks for a new Avengers or Defenders spin-off team.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-02-2023 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I always thought of Sabra as Marvel's best chance at having an equal to Wonder Woman. Her background is perfect for it.

Plus, they also would later give Sabra the one power that you rarely see in a superpowered flying brick. Wonder Woman has a lasso that magically compels truth, but Sabra can actually heal someone. Advantage Sabra.

Sure, that same ability also enables Sabra to empower others to a limited degree, but with so many top tier types out there who can only tear down and annihilate stuff, it's refreshing to have someone who can also aid allies as well as innocents harmed through no fault of their own.

I'm not sure if Sabra is currently running around with X-men, but if not, she'd be one of my first picks for a new Avengers or Defenders spin-off team.
    I know of a particular redhead that fits that description to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is true.

I think, at least originally, Ruth was in her late 30's or early 40's and had a son about 10-14?
    Maybe they deaged her for New Warriors? Or maybe I mistook the chemistry for a mother/son feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Definitely Avengers or Defenders over X-Men in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Definitely Avengers or Defenders over X-Men in my opinion.
    I recall her interacting with Tony a few times.