Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I always thought of Sabra as Marvel's best chance at having an equal to Wonder Woman. Her background is perfect for it.

Plus, they also would later give Sabra the one power that you rarely see in a superpowered flying brick. Wonder Woman has a lasso that magically compels truth, but Sabra can actually heal someone. Advantage Sabra.

Sure, that same ability also enables Sabra to empower others to a limited degree, but with so many top tier types out there who can only tear down and annihilate stuff, it's refreshing to have someone who can also aid allies as well as innocents harmed through no fault of their own.

I'm not sure if Sabra is currently running around with X-men, but if not, she'd be one of my first picks for a new Avengers or Defenders spin-off team.
    I often compare Monet st. Croix to Supergirl, but Sabra as WW absolutely fits too. She's powerful but tends to act defensively in fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Maybe they deaged her for New Warriors? Or maybe I mistook the chemistry for a mother/son feeling?
    Pretty sure it was the second one. I can't think of ANY time they had her in a romance. Her backstory is one of those "been there done that" sort of people who did the romance thing all she cares to already.

I compare Power Princess (Zarda/Claire Debussy) to Wonder Woman and Ultragirl to Power Girl.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Personnally, I see Sabra in an international X-team led by Sunspot, with characters such as Pete Wisdom or Askari.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Definitely Avengers or Defenders over X-Men in my opinion.
    Or perhaps even a new Ultimates team. With so many alternates Earths and timelines, Sabra could be a natural fit in the "super soldier" role, albeit a fair amount stronger than Cap, obviously.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I compare Power Princess (Zarda/Claire Debussy) to Wonder Woman and Ultragirl to Power Girl.
    Ha ha! Yep, Power Princess is obviously Marvel's official Wonder Woman analog. But if DC can cast a beautiful Israeli actor (Gal Gadot) as their cinematic Wonder Woman, Marvel could probably have just as much fun portraying Sabra as an unofficial "First Female' and tongue in cheek homage to the Gadot WW. I can already imagine her revamped costume/armor as I type this.

Considering the backlash on RS after Sabra was announced to appear in the next Captain America movie, I'd say the chances that Marvel pushes her as the next Wonder Woman / Captain Marvel are close to zero.

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Considering the backlash on RS after Sabra was announced to appear in the next Captain America movie, I'd say the chances that Marvel pushes her as the next Wonder Woman / Captain Marvel are close to zero.

How many were expecting a retelling of her classic tales live action?

It’ll be uh… interesting how they handle her background in that movie, as having her be a Mossad agent or in any way affiliated with the IDF would be a powder keg waiting to go off.

But yeah, those exact reasons are why I suspect she’ll never be pushed as Marvel’s Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It’ll be uh… interesting how they handle her background in that movie, as having her be a Mossad agent or in any way affiliated with the IDF would be a powder keg waiting to go off.

But yeah, those exact reasons are why I suspect she’ll never be pushed as Marvel’s Wonder Woman.
    I’m pretty sure that even if they make the MCU version of Sabra to not be IDF/Mossad, her actress being Israeli would have sufficed to cause a PR firestorm even before recent events.

Astonishing Member

I don't remember Sabra being in the New Warriors. Was she a recurrent guest star or did she join?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m pretty sure that even if they make the MCU version of Sabra to not be IDF/Mossad, her actress being Israeli would have sufficed to cause a PR firestorm even before recent events.
    That's just it, use of an Israeli will "offend" people just because.

Hmm... character I wanna see Sabra interact with? Magneto, Kitty Pryde, and Dragoness.

Magneto: WW2 Europe backstory.
    Kitty: Jewish religion
    Dragoness: Mostly just want clarification on her back story. Her NAME matches that of an Ashkenazi Jew, but she grew up in Madripoor after her parents fled Japan in the wake of the bombing of Hiroshima? Hunh?

It would be beyond cowardly if they remove her links to Mossad as not to offend the antisemitic loudmouths.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

There’d be some, sure. But after everything that’s happened, having her actively affiliated with that government or military would be such a can of worms that I cannot imagine marvel and Disney are keen to open.

I was unaware of her BlackWidow-esque makeover....I suppose to play up her Mossad background.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

That design is too similar to modern Madame Masque. They need something closer to her classic look with the Star of David much more evident. I think she can forgo that furry cape. Was that representative of something from Jewish lore?