Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I hit the MCU off-ramp after Endgame, and I'm glad I did. Best to go out on top.

Shang chi and gotg 3 were good films. Thor 4 was ok. Not as good as 3 to me.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    This is the most nothing post I've ever read.
    Like there's no reason given for why the plot of this movie is bad or why the trailers supposedly look bad.
    And then beyond that this movie takes place nearly 30 years after the first one, this supreme intelligence plot only makes sense to do if we apparently want every movie featuring Captain Marvel to take place a decade or more before current day.

And the villains of this movie are literally the Kree so they clearly didn't forget about the Supreme Intelligence plot, it's clearly gonna play some role in the plot and villains motivations.

- Ok since I touched a nerve and upset your feelings over what looks like a Disney+ film released...

- The trailer has all 3 switching places in a comedic fashion. Which we learn a rarely seen villain did in the trailer. We get glimpses of said villain but we learn she messed up their powers to switch. Its a silly thing but we get a good view of it in trailer.

- At no point do we really learn this is about the Kree. Its more about the comedic tone and Ms. Marvel meeting Captain Marvel. We also see Nick Fury thrown in , fresh from a whole Secret Invasion deal I'd think. But given this was filmed before Ant Man 3 and delayed til after....I don't know how he'll be represented.

- The villain is never really mentioned. She seems more INSERT PLOT DEVICE for the comedy we get. Nothing serious at all. No mention of Kree or anything. In fact this is the biggest error in trailer I saw. The villain has such a minor space with no real hook beyond a few spots , fans can ask themselves....what's the point ?

If you can't really do a better job showing why this villain matters and why its part of a dropped Kree plot in the 1st film then , thats a failure.

-

- There you go....and yep it looks like its gonna not do well for a reason.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    Variety has been wrong and as I pointed out this writer has a history of lying
    Variety and the other trades have an agenda as they are industry papers but when they write long form pieces like this, it's generally very accurate to a high degree. Not sure why you even have confidence that it's wrong. Marvel would be stupid if they weren't in panic mode and most of what is in this article is already known. We know Feige said they will rethink their approach, Blade is confirmed to have had a ton of script issues that Ali almost left over, and if they weren't debating what to do with Kang (who hasn't gone over well), they wouldn't be doing their jobs properly

The title is click bait and it's obviously working. But Marvel has no reason to be in panic mode."

There are issues with Phase 4 and 5, specifically when compared to Phase 3. However, the MCU isn't "in trouble" nor is it "dying/dead." They've made about $30 billion in 32 projects. That's an unprecedented thing and even with their current stumbles, it just puts them closer to a typical studio, not a death knell.

The problems can be easily resolved and turned around. Going by this article, as well as comments by Feige and others, they're aware of the issues and are making changes. They aren't doubling down on what isn't working. That's a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The title is click bait and it's obviously working. But Marvel has no reason to be in panic mode."

There are issues with Phase 4 and 5, specifically when compared to Phase 3. However, the MCU isn't "in trouble" nor is it "dying/dead." They've made about $30 billion in 32 projects. That's an unprecedented thing and even with their current stumbles, it just puts them closer to a typical studio, not a death knell.

The problems can be easily resolved and turned around. Going by this article, as well as comments by Feige and others, they're aware of the issues and are making changes. They aren't doubling down on what isn't working. That's a very good thing.
    Absolutely.

Besides, the naysayers would be foolish to count out someone as formidable as Feige. No one makes a multibillion franchise out of just sheer luck alone, that man knows what he and his studio has to do. They just need to tighten up and regain their focus, and Marvel will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Absolutely.

Besides, the naysayers would be foolish to count out someone as formidable as Feige. No one makes a multibillion franchise out of just sheer luck alone, that man knows what he and his studio has to do. They just need to tighten up and regain their focus, and Marvel will be alright.
    I don't think you should count out Feige but I think they bring up a valid concern that he's being run too thin and it's showing, but maybe taking stock and cutting back on the streaming shows will help.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Variety and the other trades have an agenda as they are industry papers but when they write long form pieces like this, it's generally very accurate to a high degree. Not sure why you even have confidence that it's wrong. Marvel would be stupid if they weren't in panic mode and most of what is in this article is already known. We know Feige said they will rethink their approach, Blade is confirmed to have had a ton of script issues that Ali almost left over, and if they weren't debating what to do with Kang (who hasn't gone over well), they wouldn't be doing their jobs properly
    It's because the writer has been known to make up out right lies before...I don't get why that's hard to understand.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think you should count out Feige but I think they bring up a valid concern that he's being run too thin and it's showing, but maybe taking stock and cutting back on the streaming shows will help.
    Yeah, I said the issues they cite are valid but, as you stated, they're aware of that and are making adjustments.

Another thing is that Marvel Studios made things look so easy for so long that a lot of us kinda took it for granted. So now that they're performing more like a typical studio, it may appear the sky is falling when it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but again I’m glad that the studio is taking their time to reassess doing certain stories/heroes. But it would be nice if there was another executive with Feige’s acumen and passion to back him up.

Yeah, I said the issues they cite are valid but, as you stated, they're aware of that and are making adjustments.

Another thing is that Marvel Studios made things look so easy for so long that a lot of us kinda took it for granted. So now that they're performing more like a typical studio, it may appear the sky is falling when it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    True, but again I’m glad that the studio is taking their time to reassess doing certain stories/heroes. But it would be nice if there was another executive with Feige’s acumen and passion to back him up.
    I just think it's a matter of timing and when they'll be able to implement any changes/improvements. Though enough stuff is getting delayed as it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Just saying "It's variety" doesn't mean anything when the person making the article has a history of saying and publishing false things.
    Before she's published lies about Ray Fisher, Jason Mamoa even CNN had a whole article calling her out on lies she published about them.

The idea that we just need to take what she's saying at face value with no scrutiny is insane, that's just being blind sheep at that point.

And I don't know how many times I need to point this out but they're also very clearly trying to stir the pot and get outrage from antiSJW reactionaries because why else would of all the Blade rewrites the only one they elaborate on is the joke where the narrative is driven by females and Blade is allegedly a fourth lead behind them?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Ok since I touched a nerve and upset your feelings over what looks like a Disney+ film released...

- The trailer has all 3 switching places in a comedic fashion. Which we learn a rarely seen villain did in the trailer. We get glimpses of said villain but we learn she messed up their powers to switch. Its a silly thing but we get a good view of it in trailer.

- At no point do we really learn this is about the Kree. Its more about the comedic tone and Ms. Marvel meeting Captain Marvel. We also see Nick Fury thrown in , fresh from a whole Secret Invasion deal I'd think. But given this was filmed before Ant Man 3 and delayed til after....I don't know how he'll be represented.

- The villain is never really mentioned. She seems more INSERT PLOT DEVICE for the comedy we get. Nothing serious at all. No mention of Kree or anything. In fact this is the biggest error in trailer I saw. The villain has such a minor space with no real hook beyond a few spots , fans can ask themselves....what's the point ?

If you can't really do a better job showing why this villain matters and why its part of a dropped Kree plot in the 1st film then , thats a failure.

-

- There you go....and yep it looks like its gonna not do well for a reason.
    Wow this was a whole lot of nothing but showing you paid no attention to any of the trailers and think repeating the word "comedy" over and over makes an argument, it doesn't.

If you paid even the smallest bit of attention it's obvious all the guys Carol and the others are fighting are blue people wearing the Hala Star, and the main villain has a hammer like a Ronan's so clearly she's a kree and is to blame for the characters powers getting entangled and her vendetta against Carol is clearly based on what went down between her and the Supreme Intelligence.

This is isn't even hard stuff to pick up on this is just you not paying attention

The article shows me a little inside information on another reason why the writers have been getting pissed off and needed to strike, other than just the pay thing. Sounds a lot like they get tossed under the bus as a convenience and cover for other issues.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Niffleheim

It has been just one day and the veracity of that article by Tatiana Siegel is being called in to question by a writer who worked on a Blade draft

Original Tweet
    https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/st...07202793349261
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-02-2023 at 10:09 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It has been just one day and the veracity of that article by Tatiana Siegel is being called in to question by a writer who worked on a Blade draft

Original Tweet
    https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/st...07202793349261
    How many drafts of the Blade script have they gone through?