Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many drafts of the Blade script have they gone through?
    I'm guessing several and as he points out he never saw a version that had him as 4th lead.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

How many drafts of the Blade script have they gone through?
    Nobody is surprised by the Blade stories. Blade was going to be very difficult for Marvel to pull off. What I am surprised about is that Ali did not walk way.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StickMin View Post
    Just saying "It's variety" doesn't mean anything when the person making the article has a history of saying and publishing false things.
    Before she's published lies about Ray Fisher, Jason Mamoa even CNN had a whole article calling her out on lies she published about them.

The idea that we just need to take what she's saying at face value with no scrutiny is insane, that's just being blind sheep at that point.

And I don't know how many times I need to point this out but they're also very clearly trying to stir the pot and get outrage from antiSJW reactionaries because why else would of all the Blade rewrites the only one they elaborate on is the joke where the narrative is driven by females and Blade is allegedly a fourth lead behind them?

Wow this was a whole lot of nothing but showing you paid no attention to any of the trailers and think repeating the word "comedy" over and over makes an argument, it doesn't.

If you paid even the smallest bit of attention it's obvious all the guys Carol and the others are fighting are blue people wearing the Hala Star, and the main villain has a hammer like a Ronan's so clearly she's a kree and is to blame for the characters powers getting entangled and her vendetta against Carol is clearly based on what went down between her and the Supreme Intelligence.

This is isn't even hard stuff to pick up on this is just you not paying attention
    Wow....i get your a Marvel fan but again ...the villain is barely seen in this trailer to give a crap for.

Just imagine me and the general audience having seen the trailer and not realizing who this villain is etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Nobody is surprised by the Blade stories. Blade was going to be very difficult for Marvel to pull off. What I am surprised about is that Ali did not walk way.
    He wanted to be Blade. He approached Feige. He really wants to do this and get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    That they haven't just canceled it is beyond me. Do you really want to serve up a 1970s vampire story to the Twilight generation?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

That they *even contemplated* making the MCU Blade movie be something where freakin Blade is relegated to support for new female characters is insane. (This also isn't the first time that was reported). Nobody goes to see a Blade movie for his daughter, or Elsa Bloodstone, or whoever.

Maybe by a third movie you could set things up to pass the torch...though New Line tried that in Blade Trinity and it was a disaster.
    Last edited by Jared; 11-02-2023 at 05:09 PM.

Must be some good money they’re giving Ali for Blade, because damn.

But how many delays and rewrites can a two time Academy Award winning actor stand?
    Last edited by Android 17; 11-02-2023 at 11:40 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Must be some good money they’re giving Ali for Blade, because damn.

But how many delays and rewrites can a two time Academy Award winning actor stand?
    Most of the MCU movies have been rewritten multiple times. Iron Man was still being written while they were filming so that isn’t unusual. The reason this movie is getting made is because of Ali. If he didn’t want to do it there is no movie.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    It has been just one day and the veracity of that article by Tatiana Siegel is being called in to question by a writer who worked on a Blade draft

Original Tweet

https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/st...07202793349261
    Not surprised. That Blade anecdote sounded obviously false in a way that's designed to rile up MAGA Youtubers

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Most of the MCU movies have been rewritten multiple times. Iron Man was still being written while they were filming so that isn’t unusual. The reason this movie is getting made is because of Ali. If he didn’t want to do it there is no movie.
    Maybe that's why it's been hard to actualize it.

Even though it feels like it should be easy to do a new Blade film.

Maybe that's why it's been hard to actualize it.

Even though it feels like it should be easy to do a new Blade film.
    Heck, someone already laid out some of the lore in Werewolf by Night. Just take that and adapt more backstory etc for Blade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Wow....i get your a Marvel fan but again ...the villain is barely seen in this trailer to give a crap for.

Just imagine me and the general audience having seen the trailer and not realizing who this villain is etc.
    So still no actual argument just you demonstrating you couldn't pay basic attention to the trailer

Astonishing Member

Blade should have been a no-brainer from the start or least from phase 2. He’s one of marvel better known characters, because of the Wesley snipes movies and would help flesh out the ‘super natural’ side of the universe that they started with Strange and Wanda.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    Not surprised. That Blade anecdote sounded obviously false in a way that's designed to rile up MAGA Youtubers

Nothing aboutDisney- Marvel's Playbook the last couple years would suggest "obviously false". If someone had described Quantumania or Secret Invasion in detail before release, that would have sounded made-up.

We know the movie has had *major* issues with multiple writers fired and already having lost one director. It may be true that this person never saw a draft where Blade was fourth lead. Or a semi-honest differing interpretation of how big Blade's role was in said script. (Earlier reports made it sound more like he was secondary, but not as far down as fourth)

The Variety article has gotten a lot of buzz, so don't automatically ally trust counter-spin from Disney. Thrbig trades are generally reluctant to hit the major studios like this, so while no reporting is ever perfect, this is probably more solid than the people are comfortable with.

Astonishing Member

Pretty good article. Too bad either sides can get too riled up reading it. No use arguing with other posters. Some will never change their minds.