Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Loki Season 2 draws significantly less viewers https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...165021017.html
    Meh, numbers over the first 3 days...Don't they understand the viewing habits of streamers? BINGE is where it's at...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Meh, numbers over the first 3 days...Don't they understand the viewing habits of streamers? BINGE is where it's at...
    More streaming shows have moved to weekly releases because just the opposite is true. Shows that drop a whole seaon, even when they do well, tend to have a brief spies of interest and then vanish. Even Netflix, which pioneered thr binge model, broke it up a little with Stranger Things s4.

Loki s1 was also a weekly release. Loki s2 can be directly compared to that, and it's not doing as well.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

What I find funny in reading through this thread are the posters arguing over the accuracy of this article, when the article said absolutely nothing that we haven't known for the last couple of years:

- There have been diminishing returns for Marvel Studios at the box office through Phases 4 and 5

- The Phase 4 and 5 films have been more critically panned than films from previous phases

- The SFX team has been spread thin, causing an overall dip in quality in CGI for both the movies and the shows

- With the exceptions of Loki and Wandavision, the MCU shows have gone overbudget and not done well critically, in viewership, or both

- Blade has gone through a plethora of pre-production issues, causing the film to be delayed by 2 years

- The Marvels is projecting to be Marvel Studio's biggest bomb

- Jonathan Majors' legal problems are creating problems for how Marvel Studios is proceeding with their overall direction (not to mention how poorly the character of Kang was handled in Ant-Man 3, itself a huge disappointment)

What about any of this is being debated or disputed exactly? All of this can be proven either factually or by other corroborating reports/analysis.

Niffleheim

Variety posted this short article as DaCosta responds to questions about their article.

Nia DaCosta Says Her Marvels Departure Was Not “Dramatic”
    After Variety reported that DaCosta ruffled feathers when she left The Marvels during postproduction, the director set the record straight: “They knew the entire time that I had an obligation.”
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...s-not-dramatic
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

Any ruffled feathers are more likely to be from Di Costa referring to it as "Kevin's movie." Like, everyone knows that's how it usually works at Marvel...most of the directors have a very limited role...but you're not supposed to say it. I believe it's previously only been said by directors who walked away or were turned away from MCU gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    What I find funny in reading through this thread are the posters arguing over the accuracy of this article, when the article said absolutely nothing that we haven't known for the last couple of years:

- There have been diminishing returns for Marvel Studios at the box office through Phases 4 and 5

- The Phase 4 and 5 films have been more critically panned than films from previous phases

- The SFX team has been spread thin, causing an overall dip in quality in CGI for both the movies and the shows

- With the exceptions of Loki and Wandavision, the MCU shows have gone overbudget and not done well critically, in viewership, or both

- Blade has gone through a plethora of pre-production issues, causing the film to be delayed by 2 years

- The Marvels is projecting to be Marvel Studio's biggest bomb

- Jonathan Majors' legal problems are creating problems for how Marvel Studios is proceeding with their overall direction (not to mention how poorly the character of Kang was handled in Ant-Man 3, itself a huge disappointment)

What about any of this is being debated or disputed exactly? All of this can be proven either factually or by other corroborating reports/analysis.
    The article doesn't even mention the Daredevil tv show being scrapped and re-shot. As a DC fan, I can recognize a collapsing studio when I see it.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 11-06-2023 at 06:25 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The article doesn't even mention the Daredevil tv show being scrapped and re-shot. As a DC film, I can recognize a collapsing studio when I see it.
    So how long until full collapse? Ballpark? 1,3, 5 years? What are we working with?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The article doesn't even mention the Daredevil tv show being scrapped and re-shot. As a DC film, I can recognize a collapsing studio when I see it.
    If the fact that The Marvels is projected to be a box office bomb just 4 years after its predecessor made $1 billion at the box office isn't enough to tell fans that there's trouble in paradise, then they're being purposefully obtuse, especially in light of all the other issues surrounding it.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    So how long until full collapse? Ballpark? 1,3, 5 years? What are we working with?
    Eh. I think Marvel Studios will be fine. They're going to have to adjust and probably refocus on quality versus quantity. But there's still a market for super hero films, even if some level of fatigue has set in.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They have Fantastic Four and X-Men coming. Deadpool 3 will be a huge film and Reynolds is joining the Marvel film universe. So that should give the brand a shot in the arm.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They have Fantastic Four and X-Men coming. Deadpool 3 will be a huge film and Reynolds is joining the Marvel film universe. So that should give the brand a shot in the arm.
    Well, we all thought Guardians 3 was going to be the shot in the arm, and that hasn't translated well for the subsequent shows or The Marvels.

With the sheer amount of craziness bound to be in Deadpool 3, it’ll definitely help. I just really hope they nail X-Men right, that’s going to lead them into the next decade if they play their cards right.
    Last edited by Android 17; 11-06-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man 4 should help too.

Ignoring the elephant in the room that is the strikes with no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ignoring the elephant in the room that is the strikes with no end in sight.
    The break might actually do Marvel Studios some good.