Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    the thread needs disclaimers: Nov 1st
    1. One of the writer, Tatiana Siegel, was also the person who wrote all those lies about Ray Fisher
    2. The framing for the story about Blade's narrative shifts, seemed ready made fodder/bait for online grifters/incels to distribute at their leisure. Nothing professional in that article.

Here is a tweet from Ray Fisher and more in the article I've linked below.

Otherwise If all these is true then it doesn't bode well for the future of the MCU.

Article
    https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-j...sher-response/

Original Tweet

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...er-response%2F

Update: Nov 2nd

It has been just one day and the veracity of that article by Tatiana Siegel is being called in to question by a writer who worked on a Blade draft

Original Tweet
    https://twitter.com/StarrburyMike/st...07202793349261
    The evidence that this reporter is worthy of ad hominems seems sparse.

Ray Fischer complained about a Rolling Stone piece.

He may be wrong.

The reporter could be a Stephen Glass type making up stuff.

The editors could have made mistakes that have nothing to do with the reporter.

At this point, we don't know.

The Blade screenwriter is talking about earlier drafts. And isn't pretending to do otherwise.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lemme see if I have this entirely straight...

A film directed by by Raimi that was drifting off of WandaVision could wind up doing better than a film that is being released during an actor's union strike?
    In fairness, Sam Raimi is quite successful as a director.

His Oz film made bank.

The first Dr Strange made a decent amount of money, and the character's profile was raised by Avengers: Infinity War as well as Spider-Man: No Way Home.
    I enjoyed Wandavision, and it got some good buzz, though the Doctor Strange film also explored the Multiverse and more people knew Wanda as an Avenger. It was unique to see a movie about a hero going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Call me when SMB has 30+ movies. Actually they don’t even have to be all Mario movies. If Nintendo can use its entire roster of characters to dominate the B.O. then that will be impressive.
    That's a different question. We can acknowledge that the MCU was massively successful, and will likely surpass Nintendo's current plans. That's a different question from the future of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Must be some good money they’re giving Ali for Blade, because damn.

But how many delays and rewrites can a two time Academy Award winning actor stand?
    I do suspect most people will see his second Oscar as unlikely in the context of his career. I enjoyed both films, but this doesn't make him a bigger star than people without Oscars like Samuel L Jackson, Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr (likely changing soon), Bradley Cooper (possibly changing soon), Amy Adams, Tom Cruise, Michelle Williams or Angela Bassett.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The evidence that this reporter is worthy of ad hominems seems sparse.

Ray Fischer complained about a Rolling Stone piece.

He may be wrong.

The reporter could be a Stephen Glass type making up stuff.

The editors could have made mistakes that have nothing to do with the reporter.

At this point, we don't know.
    1. This is what her fellow journalists said about "her behind the scene article on CNN"

https://www.poynter.org/commentary/2...lan-byers-cnn/

2. She wrote a pro Joss Whedon article to scapegoat Ray Fisher.

3. Recently accused Jason Momoa for dressing like Johnny Depp to scare Amber Heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Blade screenwriter is talking about earlier drafts. And isn't pretending to do otherwise.
    4. I guess the screenwriter having access to all versions of Blade and working on it since last Nov until May of this year makes his claims less credible over rumor rage bait article.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-03-2023 at 08:30 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Pretty good article. Too bad either sides can get too riled up reading it. No use arguing with other posters. Some will never change their minds.
    How is it good?
    We've already established the writer has lied about several things in it, and intentionally sensationalized other things to look worse than they actually are.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I did not read the article. No point in rewarding click bait. But from what I’ve read in these comments, it doesn’t seem like any actual reporting was done. It seems like a google search and then cobbled together to support a pre-determined conclusion. Even some people who agree with the ‘panic’ narrative have said there’s no new news here.

I’m not surprised people are confused and running with wild speculation. It’s all anyone has. The MCU is an unprecedented phenomenon. Most of us here remember when BP was predicted to be the first MCU flop. Then CM. People were wrong. And that’s okay. There are no analogs, so no one really knows what the trajectory looks like, what declines looks like or what rebounds are possible. There’s no ‘normal’ to anything about the MCU, so there’s probably truth to the growing pains. D+ needed shows, Disney needed movies. I can believe a narrative that it grew too fast. As a viewer, the stuff about D+ series lacking proper TV processes makes sense based on the end product. I still think the right answer is that good superhero movies will find their audience. Post-pandemic superhero movie box office has performed in line with quality and originality.

An easy sidestep from Kang till we see what's up with Majors would be Wanda.

Keeps the multiverse story in play and you can pick a variant if you want or just bring back MCU Wanda.

It's not like they showed her body or anything.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I did not read the article. No point in rewarding click bait. But from what I’ve read in these comments, it doesn’t seem like any actual reporting was done. It seems like a google search and then cobbled together to support a pre-determined conclusion. Even some people who agree with the ‘panic’ narrative have said there’s no new news here.

I’m not surprised people are confused and running with wild speculation. It’s all anyone has. The MCU is an unprecedented phenomenon. Most of us here remember when BP was predicted to be the first MCU flop. Then CM. People were wrong. And that’s okay. There are no analogs, so no one really knows what the trajectory looks like, what declines looks like or what rebounds are possible. There’s no ‘normal’ to anything about the MCU, so there’s probably truth to the growing pains. D+ needed shows, Disney needed movies. I can believe a narrative that it grew too fast. As a viewer, the stuff about D+ series lacking proper TV processes makes sense based on the end product. I still think the right answer is that good superhero movies will find their audience. Post-pandemic superhero movie box office has performed in line with quality and originality.
    I'm a fan of simple answers.

Along the lines of what you said, I think post pandemic pre whatever crisis we're about to enter movie goers are they will spend on quality and novelty.

Maybe Disney needs to reign in the quantity on all things? Less Pixar, less Star Wars, less Marvel, etc. and focus on putting out absolute bangers.

Those used to be big events, now they're commonplace.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Keeps the multiverse story in play and you can pick a variant if you want or just bring back MCU Wanda.

I'm not sure Olson wants back. They went a direction she reportedly didn't want to go with her heel turn, she's played the character quite often and now is free to do whatever tickles her fancy. Then again, maybe she just really likes money.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm not sure Olson wants back. They went a direction she reportedly didn't want to go with her heel turn, she's played the character quite often and now is free to do whatever tickles her fancy. Then again, maybe she just really likes money.
    Last I heard Olsen was keen on wanting to be in the X-Men movies when they start up.

Along the lines of what you said, I think post pandemic pre whatever crisis we're about to enter movie goers are they will spend on quality and novelty.

Maybe Disney needs to reign in the quantity on all things? Less Pixar, less Star Wars, less Marvel, etc. and focus on putting out absolute bangers.

I get that Disney Plus needed content and I'm all for more comic stuff but they did it wrong. They should've linked the shows with the films better. For example, if you do WandaVision then have Dr. Strange 2 come out a few months later. Captain America 4 should be released within a year of the Falcon and Winter Soldier show. Werewolf by Night should've been paired with Blade. Limit it to 2-3 shows per year and 2 films that connect to 1 or 2 of the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I get that Disney Plus needed content and I'm all for more comic stuff but they did it wrong. They should've linked the shows with the films better. For example, if you do WandaVision then have Dr. Strange 2 come out a few months later. Captain America 4 should be released within a year of the Falcon and Winter Soldier show. Werewolf by Night should've been paired with Blade. Limit it to 2-3 shows per year and 2 films that connect to 1 or 2 of the shows.
    Or just tangentially link shows. OR just make a new Defenders type show and street level stuff that doesn't need big productions. You can make a New Warriors show and then show simple things in the background that link to the MCU. Spider-Man web slinging by, quinjet flying by. Scenes in front of Avengers Mansion etc. And not everything needs to be a Home Run, though it seems that is all that matters to some people. If you get an A, A, A, A and then a C, people scream doom and gloom. Sometimes you just throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks. Though they don't need to be throwing 200-300 million movies against the wall to see...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Or just tangentially link shows. OR just make a new Defenders type show and street level stuff that doesn't need big productions. You can make a New Warriors show and then show simple things in the background that link to the MCU. Spider-Man web slinging by, quinjet flying by. Scenes in front of Avengers Mansion etc. And not everything needs to be a Home Run, though it seems that is all that matters to some people. If you get an A, A, A, A and then a C, people scream doom and gloom. Sometimes you just throw stuff against the wall and hope it sticks. Though they don't need to be throwing 200-300 million movies against the wall to see...
    Sure, those ideas could also work. The main point being there's too long of a break between seeing these characters again. Shang-chi should have definitely been in something else by now, for example.

Not just Wanda, but since we're already in the middle of it - Wanda & Loki! Having Loki replace Kang wouldn't seem like such a left-turn since he's been involved with Kang's storyline and Sylvie (a variant of Loki) already killed one version of him. If Loki loses Sylvie and the TVA, who knows what he'll do? Loki just said the thing he wants is to not be alone, and Wanda just wants her family - I can see an alliance for them to both get what they want if they're both in a bad enough place.

Astonishing Member

I dont know. I mean if you look at the history of Disney they have always put out good stuff and not good stuff. Like every other movie studio. I thought Elemental was excellent this year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post

Agreed. However with pandemics and writers and actors strikes not easy to do.