Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    New X-Men is the Apoc team written by Ewing and his final arc to put the bow on his era.
    That is my guess as well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

FYI they just announced a Black Widow/Hawkeye book at that con in Italy. so maybe more announcements are coming.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Looks like Jean's still hurting... Hope she's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i posted in the JG that it looks like a very painful birth
    Lol, maybe a new book title: Phoenix: Birth Song?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is basically Immortal X-Men's last arc just spun off into a limited series. I'm highly interested in the premise and the creative team is great, so no complaints. I now wonder if New X-Men is simply a retitled and turned into a new mini X-Men or X-Men Red.
    Considering that turning the last arc of a series into a mini, has been more or less confirmed by the current editor to be a gimick they use to allow a writer to tell said last part, despite the title having allready become unsustainable sales wise, wouldn't this suggest that immortal didn't do as well as it's fans thought it did?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Excalibur and New Mutants suffered the same thing. And I can't get over reusing names of classic stories like "Inferno and Trial of Magneto" when both were nearly irrelevant to the story.
    It's certainly going to make suggesting these stories to new readers more difficult.

First having to highlight which of these identically named, yet entirely unrelated, series one means. Second having to potentialy explain their differences. Third risking alienating potentialy interested readers by showcasing just how weird the comics storylines are in a nutshell. Not to forget having to introduce them to the "meta" layer of Marvel comics creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that turning the last arc of a series into a mini, has been more or less confirmed by the current editor to be a gimick they use to allow a writer to tell said last part, despite the title having allready become unsustainable sales wise, wouldn't this suggest that immortal didn't do as well as it's fans thought it did?

It's certainly going to make suggesting these stories to new readers more difficult.

First having to highlight which of these identically named, yet entirely unrelated, series one means. Second having to potentialy explain their differences. Third risking alienating potentialy interested readers by showcasing just how weird the comics storylines are in a nutshell. Not to forget having to introduce them to the "meta" layer of Marvel comics creation.
    To your first point, I’m convinced that sales as a whole and the state of the comic industry are so bad that only books with immediately recognizable titles and guaranteed collector value like “X-Men” and “Wolverine” can sustain long runs.

To your second… it’s really already a headache. I was recommending Ewing’s X-office work to someone and first started with the obvious (SWORD + XMR), but then quickly realized they would also need Planet Size, the Cable one-shot, and just *enough* of X of Swords to know the Apoc/ Arraki backstory but not so much that they’ll run for the hills before they even start. Oh and then of course the three months when the title changed and jumped into the future.

Other thoughts on this announcement: I’m far more interested in this than RotPoX (which means it’ll be easier to drop if it’s not for me). I’m a little shocked we’re getting this announcement before New X-Men, but not surprised the line will be quite bloated once again 2024.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-02-2023 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Immortal is the second best selling X-Book, only behind Duggan's X-Men, which is to be expected since it's the flagship.

However even with its good sales it can probably get more if it's sold as an important mini than a regular book, so that's probably why it's being turned into a mini.

I think in my 38 years of reading the X-men, i am so confused of where the status quo is going forward. I guess I will just sit and wait.
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 11-02-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think in my 38 years of reading the X-men, i am so confused of what the status quo is going. I guess I will just sit and wait.
    I admit I have no idea what is in store, but piecing things together is part of the fun.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=245648086

Tied to the 'Fall of the House of X' and 'Rise of the Powers of X,' behold a story of mutant revelation in 'X-Men: Forever,' launching in March.

Since it began in 2019, the Krakoa era has been full of hope, transformation, and mystery. As the final stories of this bold age arrive in FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, one of Krakoa’s chief storytellers, Kieron Gillen, will team up with superstar artist Luca Maresca to deliver long-awaited answers behind Krakoa’s darkest truths and set the stage for mutantkind’s spectacular rebirth in X-MEN: FOREVER.

Announced earlier today by Marvel Comics Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski at the Lucca Comics & Games festival in Italy, X-MEN: FOREVER will be a four-issue limited series launching in March where Gillen will build upon the dramatic developments currently unfolding in pages of IMMORTAL X-MEN, including the quest for Dominion, the interpersonal conflicts of the Quiet Council, the escape from the White Hot Room, and of course, the divine intervention of the Phoenix! The series will provide pivotal insight into the shocking events of FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X as a new omnipotent threat to mutantkind is introduced and the final secrets of Krakoa burn to ashes!

Haunted House of X! How can you kill a digital god? What do you do when the Phoenix is bleeding out into nothing? There's been questions that have haunted you since the end of IMMORTAL X-MEN. Finally, some answers. There's also been some questions that have haunted you since the start of IMMORTAL X-MEN. Finally, some answers, too. But not the ones you’re expecting…

"X-MEN FOREVER is Luca and myself doing a coda to IMMORTAL X-MEN, a requiem for the Krakoan age and generally setting fire to all time and space,” Gillen explained. “It's the manipulative hand in the steel glove that is RISE OF THE POWERS OF X. By the time it drops, you'll be wondering what on earth is going on with certain characters, and X-MEN FOREVER will give you all the answers."

X-MEN: FOREVER #1 (OF 4)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCA MARESCA
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 3/20
    Any one else thinks that Pheniox looks like blood.... Jean dead again?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    thats the point

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Jean "died" during the Hellfire Gala. We know that.....and this is still that death.

But Jean will revive and we will see the Phoenix.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

What is The Digital God and why is it strong enough to make The Phoenix Force bleed?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    New X-Men is the Apoc team written by Ewing and his final arc to put the bow on his era.
    Then I will be waiting for THIS moment :

8575e646243ca6beecb5d3e728460b79d3e34eec.jpg

Mother Righteous + Warlock/TO Virus/Phalanax= digital god and/or Dominion?