Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ASM 37 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Depends if Norman was close enough to bail him out
    Or Ms. Marvel. Or virtually any convenient guest hero .

Astonishing Member

This issue was a 22 page cringe fest. No real spoilers.

RekRap is okay for a couple panels, but a little of him goes a long way. A whole comic of him is an endurance test. The character is just not funny unless you have an 8 year old’s sense of humor and think someone talking in a backwards or strange way induces giggles. To me, it just makes me roll my eyes and want to put it away. The issue is also dull with Peter and Bizarrocide having an expository conversation about the villain for most of the issue. And the art… McGuiness draws action well, but he makes Peter look like a kid. And he seems to struggle with bodily proportions sometimes. The only bright spot is I kinda like the villain. He is pretty unique. So we’ll see where that goes, I guess.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    RekRap is okay for a couple panels, but a little of him goes a long way.
    I was about to say that, 'cuz while I could sort of ride with what we saw in the last issue, this preview already had me going "if one thing epitomizes Wells' run, it's 'one step forward, two steps back'."
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    You can't just say things most people don't think are true without backing it up. The way this doesn't match the solicits is that the 'darkness" referenced in the solicits is extremely underbaked. This "darkness" was referenced in the solicit for #36 too, and I would say it was also essentially entirely missing from the tone of the last issue. The two issues basically share the same tone, but it's not the one suggested by the solicits.
    The poster stated it was "nothing" like the solicits.

The solicit: "GANG WAR: FIRST STRIKE! Rek-Rap returns! Spider-Man’s fun-house reflection might just be the thing to help the wall-crawler out of the darkness he can’t seem to shake. Well, Rek-Rap MIGHT help if he weren’t targeted by the scariest new Spidey-Villain in decades! GANG WAR IS COMING!"

Rek-Rap returns - check.

New Spidey villain - check.

Gang War is coming - check.

"Might" help wall-crawler out of the darkness. Or not - check.

In the least, that's 3 out of 4, so not quite "nothing" like the solicits, IMHO.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

The solicit: "GANG WAR: FIRST STRIKE! Rek-Rap returns! Spider-Man’s fun-house reflection might just be the thing to help the wall-crawler out of the darkness he can’t seem to shake. Well, Rek-Rap MIGHT help if he weren’t targeted by the scariest new Spidey-Villain in decades! GANG WAR IS COMING!"

Rek-Rap returns - check.

In the least, that's 3 out of 4, so not quite "nothing" like the solicits, IMHO.
    It genuinely feels like I'm being trolled right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

Rek-Rap returns - check.

There’s like a 2 page interlude related to the Gang War. It could be removed from the RekRap story completely and wouldn’t affect it.

Incredible Member

There’s like a 2 page interlude related to the Gang War. It could be removed from the RekRap story completely and wouldn’t affect it.
    But the interlude is there and that supports sufficient representation of the solicit. Which is the complete opposite of it's "nothing" like it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    This might be the first Amazing I'm skipping next week, I have no interest in Rek Rap and plus I'm short on cash next week, so i have to cut back on some books and focus on books more worthwhile.

I feel the same about Rek Rap , have no interest .
    It really bothers me that Marvel increased ASM to $4.99 and it's just 20 pages .
    Why can't they give us more content ?
    Really feel ripped off .

This issue was a 22 page cringe fest. No real spoilers.

RekRap is okay for a couple panels, but a little of him goes a long way. A whole comic of him is an endurance test. The character is just not funny unless you have an 8 year old’s sense of humor and think someone talking in a backwards or strange way induces giggles. To me, it just makes me roll my eyes and want to put it away. The issue is also dull with Peter and Bizarrocide having an expository conversation about the villain for most of the issue. And the art… McGuiness draws action well, but he makes Peter look like a kid. And he seems to struggle with bodily proportions sometimes. The only bright spot is I kinda like the villain. He is pretty unique. So we’ll see where that goes, I guess.
    Disagree, Yoda does.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Calling it right now, although most of us probably already have - the Repo-Demon is someone who we've seen since the first isssue of Wells's nightmare of an ASM run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Disagree, Yoda does.
    Yoda has leagues of depth that RekRap doesn’t have. I don’t watch scenes of Yoda to laugh, but because he’s a genuinely compelling character… one of the best in that franchise.

RekRap… well, the best I can say about him is I’d rather read an issue starring him than Paul. But he’s about as deep as a puddle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Calling it right now, although most of us probably already have - the Repo-Demon is someone who we've seen since the first isssue of Wells's nightmare of an ASM run.
    Didn't they already make it clear who the Repo Demon is?

In which case they are also white washing, but with this run that's barely worth mentioning as there are so many egregious things in it.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

In which case they are also white washing, but with this run that's barely worth mentioning as there are so many egregious things in it.
    well look at Paul and how he was drawn though-out the run

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

or he is pale due to being dead people go to extreme for their criticism
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    or he is pale due to being dead people go to extreme for their criticism
    He looks white because that's like a porcelain mask not his face