Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ASM 37 Preview

IMG_1579.jpg

Nick Lowe doing some more damage control. Or at least trying to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    IMG_1579.jpg

I mean Nick says "intentional genocide assister" isn't a good read of that dialogue, but I don't think he could argue that "unintentional genocide assister" isn't a perfectly apt read of that dialogue. And I really do not care much about the intentions of a character whose only feature outside of being MJs wooden plank boyfriend is the fact that he assisted in committing genocide. As far as we know he is literally the only person on that planet to assist in it too. Like my man is never beating the "Genocide Paul" allegations lol. Maybe Paul should have simply been better if he expected people not to hate him.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Norman seemed weirdly more of a meaner version of himself than he has of this run. So at least storming Norman is getting back to formula here

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    IMG_1579.jpg

That's just hillarious. Semantics... that's the defence?

I bet if someone wrote in saying that Paul isn't a popular character they would respond that he is and it's just the vocal minority who doesn't like him.

By this time I see no point in trying to ask Nick Lowe anything about it. There is no way that he will respond that it's not playing like it was intended. Be it for many reasons. Even if he felt like so there just isn't any avenue that he could use, or would use, to say so.. It might even be illegal considering I have no way to knowing what's written into his contract.
    The second point is that neither Nick Lowe or Zeb Wells will pull out some brilliant argument or insight. The semblances of arguments i have read so far are just hollow talking points.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

"We have big plans for all the characters in this book-- unless your name is Ben Reilly, because if you're in the X-Office, just give us a buzz. We'll give him for free."

(for what's worth, the reader never once said Paul committed intentional assisted genocide. It's kind of a bad look if you directly put words in the metaphorical mouth of the readership, so to speak, because if he said "the way you said it might imply it was intentional" is one thing. Full out claiming the reader say that? Nah.)
    Last edited by IamnotJudasTraveller; 11-08-2023 at 09:57 AM.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Norman seemed weirdly more of a meaner version of himself than he has of this run. So at least storming Norman is getting back to formula here
    Sins taking effect

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    "We have big plans for all the characters in this book-- unless your name is Ben Reilly, because if you're in the X-Office, just give us a buzz. We'll give him for free."

(for what's worth, the reader never once said Paul committed intentional assisted genocide. It's kind of a bad look if you directly put words in the metaphorical mouth of the readership, so to speak, because if he said "the way you said it might imply it was intentional" is one thing. Full out claiming the reader say that? Nah.)
    And he still didn't really explain why MJ is still with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he still didn't really explain why MJ is still with him.
    Because it's probably a spoiler.

count Nefaria what's his story I have yet to see him face against Spider-Man.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    count Nefaria what's his story I have yet to see him face against Spider-Man.
    He likes MJ, too .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Because it's probably a spoiler.
    I mean, I hate the direction of the story, but based on everything we’ve been shown and told, she’s with Paul because they hooked up and are a legit couple, going on dates, sharing a bed, etc.

“So… you and Paul…?”
    “Yes.”

We can hate it (I hate it), but until we hear otherwise, MJ gave up hope on Peter and hooked up with Paul. I think people expecting some big twist or future spoiler might be disappointed. At least until someone retcons him into a villain or something.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I mean, I hate the direction of the story, but based on everything we’ve been shown and told, she’s with Paul because they hooked up and are a legit couple, going on dates, sharing a bed, etc.

“So… you and Paul…?”
    “Yes.”

We can hate it (I hate it), but until we hear otherwise, MJ gave up hope on Peter and hooked up with Paul. I think people expecting some big twist or future spoiler might be disappointed. At least until someone retcons him into a villain or something.
    She's pursued Peter before while she was in a relationship.

And it does feel hinted there is still unrevealed information, including the kind of answers Lowe has given to fan questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Seems like they’re dropping hints that Norman’s sins returned to him rather than the spear and he’s slowly reverting to his old self.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He likes MJ, too .
    was he the one that MJ went to for Black cat during that beyond one shot?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    was he the one that MJ went to for Black cat during that beyond one shot?
    Yes. (10 char.)