Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ASM 37 Preview

Fantastic Member

All I'll say... Rek-Rap is PARC-PARC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    She's pursued Peter before while she was in a relationship.

And it does feel hinted there is still unrevealed information, including the kind of answers Lowe has given to fan questions.
    Is that really a positive?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Is that really a positive?
    I'm saying it's in character.

And it's not a positive to stay with your second choice out of obligation. Whatever's on the page, Wells described the story as two people who want to be together, but can't be. So . . .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    So, we're just skipping over "now that Spider-Man has been eaten?" Wells loves people getting eaten. Lol.

Also, I really wonder what some of you expected Lowe to say in a reply. Like, did you really expect "oh ****, you're right and Paul is awful. I'll get Zeb to kill him off immediately" because it kinda feels that you'd not accept anything else.

I know he wants to give the impression of balance, but we I him I'd honestly just skip that kind of letter unless I had a strong way to articulate why the character has been written well. But then, we live in a Twitter word so there's not really an excuse for him to be unable to blast off a decent response in few words.
    Last edited by exile001; 11-09-2023 at 08:50 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Also, I really wonder what some of you expected Lowe to say in a reply. Like, did you really expect "oh ****, you're right and Paul is awful. I'll get Zeb to kill him off immediately" because it kinda feels that you'd not accept anything else.
    I sure wouldn't expect that, if anything because if Paul could be categorized as awful, even THAT would be fleshing his character a bit (he's very nearly a blank slate as is, that's a point I've gone back and to again because I see the kind of responses he elicits and I'm just going "can't say I can muster that, either").

I know he wants to give the impression of balance
    This is pretty much why I brought that up - if he wants to keep up the whole "Sorry you didn't like the book, hope you have a nice day" front [which, BTW, is a good way to go about things... but not when you seem to literally be fishing for every last comment that disparages you while your own editorial work suffers], if he said the guy implied Paul did things willingly, his answer would be beyond reproach, IMO.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

I do get the sense that Paul secretly hates himself and has a crippling level of guilt over what he was involved in.

Probably partially why he was fine with Peter killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do get the sense that Paul secretly hates himself and has a crippling level of guilt over what he was involved in.

Probably partially why he was fine with Peter killing him.
    Was he fine with it? I think he said "I'm not going anywhere.".

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTorgo View Post
    Was he fine with it? I think he said "I'm not going anywhere.".
    "You do what you gotta do."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "You do what you gotta do."
    Probably just a Futurama fan.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu