Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    FYI Spurrier is the guest on the latest Off-Panel podcast episode and he pretty much says his work with the X-office is complete. He said he's only working on The Flash and the new upcoming Hellblazer series now.
    So next issue of USM is his last one

I love the work both Gillen and Spurrier did on Krakoa's X-men... I really hope the next era don't let us down with subpar talent on the writing team.

I was looking at the 2024 line-up and originally I figured the Krakoan era would end in June, but now I'm not so sure. From the info released so far the only X-books being released in June are:
    X-Men: Forever #4
    Ms. Marvel #4

It doesn't seem likely that only two books will release that month but by then Fall, Rise, RoM, Dead X-Men, and Cable will have finished. Do we think there's more to come or June will just be a light month before the Brevoort era begins?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

June is still a long ways away. We only have definitive solicits for March 2023. It may mean they aren't releasing any more solicits and info (might be spoilers?) until later when the time is appropriately closer to the relaunch.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I was looking at the 2024 line-up and originally I figured the Krakoan era would end in June, but now I'm not so sure. From the info released so far the only X-books being released in June are:
    X-Men: Forever #4
    Ms. Marvel #4

It doesn't seem likely that only two books will release that month but by then Fall, Rise, RoM, Dead X-Men, and Cable will have finished. Do we think there's more to come or June will just be a light month before the Brevoort era begins?
    I'm expecting a bunch of "Omega" issues but it would also make sense to keep June a tad lighter if you're going to come out with a number of new (presumably) ongoing books in July. July is also when the very X-Men-centric Deadpool/Wolverine movie is coming out so I would expect Marvel to ride on the hype of that with the new Brevoort era.

Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, (Legacy) Uncanny #700 should hit in June - I can see that being an overpriced, oversized issue with multiple creators, possibly bridging the Krakoan era with what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    June is still a long ways away. We only have definitive solicits for March 2023. It may mean they aren't releasing any more solicits and info (might be spoilers?) until later when the time is appropriately closer to the relaunch.
    Very true. If there's perhaps to be a short transition period after Fall/Rise they wouldn't want to spoil how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm expecting a bunch of "Omega" issues but it would also make sense to keep June a tad lighter if you're going to come out with a number of new (presumably) ongoing books in July. July is also when the very X-Men-centric Deadpool/Wolverine movie is coming out so I would expect Marvel to ride on the hype of that with the new Brevoort era.

Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, (Legacy) Uncanny #700 should hit in June - I can see that being an overpriced, oversized issue with multiple creators, possibly bridging the Krakoan era with what comes next.
    Good point about Deadpool/Wolverine! I also agree about some possible "Omega" issues and Gillen dropped that hint that he may have something else in the works after X-Men: Forever. These could be transition books with #700 being the issue that passes the baton as you said. I like it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Did we have an alpha issue? Not that they are required for an omega issue. It seems that ever since AoA the X-office love those.

I'm expecting a bunch of "Omega" issues but it would also make sense to keep June a tad lighter if you're going to come out with a number of new (presumably) ongoing books in July.
    Good point about Deadpool/Wolverine! I also agree about some possible "Omega" issues and Gillen dropped that hint that he may have something else in the works after X-Men: Forever. These could be transition books with #700 being the issue that passes the baton as you said. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Did we have an alpha issue? Not that they are required for an omega issue. It seems that ever since AoA the X-office love those.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'Alpha' and 'Omega' issues? I'm assuming a beginning book and an ending book.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'Alpha' and 'Omega' issues? I'm assuming a beginning book and an ending book.
    Yep.
    The last time Marvel used those, that must have been for the (rather long) last arc of Aaron's Avengers.

It’s gonna be another phase/era Rise of X one shot
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-11-2023 at 08:33 AM.

"Omega" issues is just a phrase, it doesn't actually have to be called Omega or have a corresponding "Alpha". For example, Before the Fall - Sons of X was Legion of X's Omega issue, The Onslaught Revelation was Way of X's, Dominion was Sins of Sinister's.

I think we likely do have other issues in June, but maybe not a ton. It's possible the new era will launch late June, but I think it's more likely we'll have a smaller month with a little more content than we know about currently with the new era in July. We could also get some water-treading content like flashback minis, a Blood Hunt tie-in, etc. Brevoort seems to be editing Blood Hunt based on what he's said so I feel like X-Men won't be in full swing till that wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    "Brevoort seems to be editing Blood Hunt based on what he's said so I feel like X-Men won't be in full swing till that wraps.
    And what's the release schedule of this summer event (two issues a month like a A.X.E.: Judgment Day also edited by Brevoort ?) ?

Fantastic Member

thank god we are done with spurrier on the x-books find me one x-book hes done besides the first few issues of x-men legacy with legion he did that actually sold any copies. Also thank god no more giilen as well ive liked his work but his x-men work has not been good , sinister was a great villain but after all this nonsense he has to be taken off the board for im gonna say like at least five years. I also love duggan and pretty much everything hes done but this . batch of uncanny avenergs is just flat and bad . ALso i know EWing is like god on boards but this 18 issue run of x-men red s just plain awful. REally wish he got a run with an a list x-men team hopefully sometime later in the future. I really really cant wait for some new bl0od on the x-books

Fantastic Member

blood hunt is going to be two issues a month to start but might not be like that the whole way thorugh. Also lots and lots of tie ins specials and limited series including a pretty cool x-men one i just recently heard about. We might be getting some details this week on the main book

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    blood hunt is going to be two issues a month to start but might not be like that the whole way thorugh. Also lots and lots of tie ins specials and limited series including a pretty cool x-men one i just recently heard about. We might be getting some details this week on the main book
    Details on the main X-book?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”