Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Some sort of Blood Hunt tie-in aside, does anyone anticipate us getting any other series ahead of the relaunch? June will only have the final issues of Ms. Marvel and X-Men: Forever as it stands.
    The X-Men 97 comic is also coming out. I honestly think they might keep it that light to get folks feening over the July relaunch.

Some sort of Blood Hunt tie-in aside, does anyone anticipate us getting any other series ahead of the relaunch? June will only have the final issues of Ms. Marvel and X-Men: Forever as it stands.
    June does seem quite light so perhaps they're planning some one-shots (JDW mentioned they would "tee up" some things for the new era). I thought maybe there'd be another title or two from April to July but we'll know for sure when April solicitations come out later this month.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It may or may not happen, but Uncanny X-Men #700 will be the epilogue to the last era/prologue to the new one

I’m pretty sure that the Krakoa era ends with the last issue of the Ms. Marvel series. She’s going to reveal that the last 5 years of stories have simply been her latest fanfic.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 01-25-2024 at 04:01 AM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

From Gillen's newsletter today:

I've been pressing on with various WFH stuff I need to wrap – I actually said yes to a quick extra 15 pages for a Marvel thing, so while I'm working through my commitments, I added another one. It's kind of a gracenote on my time in the X-office, and is useful to various other things in other ways. Look at me be vague. I see myself basically carrying on like this to Mid February,.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    From Gillen's newsletter today:

I've been pressing on with various WFH stuff I need to wrap – I actually said yes to a quick extra 15 pages for a Marvel thing, so while I'm working through my commitments, I added another one. It's kind of a gracenote on my time in the X-office, and is useful to various other things in other ways. Look at me be vague. I see myself basically carrying on like this to Mid February,.
    Hmm that sounds like a short story to be included in Uncanny X-Men #700 or potentially some sort of "Krakoa Omega" one-shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hmm that sounds like a short story to be included in Uncanny X-Men #700 or potentially some sort of "Krakoa Omega" one-shot?
    I was thinking along the same lines, perhaps serving as part of a "bridge" between the eras.

Spectacular Member

Officially there is also the last issue of weapon x men and if I am not mistaken the wolverine madripoor nights. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is also some sort of epilogue to the big wolverine story and another issue of the regular x-men series. And probably a big one shot or maybe two / three one shots to end this era and set up the next era.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think you're right on the money and I also think each big title when collected will have a their respective story from X-Men #700 in the TPB.

This is why X-Force's last TPB has some unannounced material post issue #50, so X-Men will have Duggan's piece, and X-Men Forever will have Gillen's, and Ressy of Magneto will have Ewing's.

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this but this is from Gillen's newsletter today:
    https://buttondown.email/KieronGille...t-ahistorical/

I just finished the first draft of X-Men Forever 4, and only a few minutes later did I realise that “Oh – you just finished Immortal X-men”. I can see why it didn't immediately hit me. I've still got to write Rise of the Powers of X #5 (which ends the larger story) and there's a couple of epilogues (which arguably end the largest story), but Powers isn't Immortal, in a real and fundamental way. Whatever I was writing in that book is in that book, and the story I'm telling is the story I was telling. Whenever they do a Complete Immortal X-men, that'll be it.

As always, it's a mixture of things I had planned from the off and huge things which jumped me, dragged me into an alleyway and gave me money (being mugged by an idea is is very different from a real one). There's certainly a theme to the last issue which has coalesced hard.

While I've enjoyed this period, I'm also looking forward to it being over – just the post-book unwind and the post-play interviews. I may even actually get around to doing my notes on the Immortal X-men playlist. I say I'll do that on most projects, but I think I may on this one.

Anyway – let's end this, as Rise of the Powers of X #2 is out next week, so I'll be writing then. Also, I want to go and eat some soup.

Speak soon.

Gillen on Bluesky this morning:

"Handed in my last X-men forever script, hence ending Immortal X-men. About 30 pages left to write for marvel, and about 50 to hand in. Close now."

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Gillen on Bluesky this morning:

"Handed in my last X-men forever script, hence ending Immortal X-men. About 30 pages left to write for marvel, and about 50 to hand in. Close now."
    What could he be writing?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What could he be writing?
    I think we might be getting some epilogues for the Krakoan era. He mentioned in his newsletter recently that he was asked to write some additional pages so I'm thinking a compilation issue or some epilogue one-shots.

Wasn't sure where to post these but preview pages for Avengers #12 where they get in on the fun against Orchis.

We're at the point where Orchis is straight up shooting at Avengers. That Black Panther page is real cool.