Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Justice!? Dear god please don’t let anything bad happen to him! I always feared him eventually getting roped into x-books because he’s a mutant.. I want him and Angelica back together… they were great in NW and Busiek’s Avengers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Just a little more, Hank, and you'll be free. Though, I'm really wondering if Percy is just going to have X-Force kill Beast and that will be that, leaving the next writer to clean up his mess.

Wait, Wolverine is only up to 40? Does this mean Percy is still going to be writing this next year? I thought his contract was up in March...
    It’s funny when you say ‘writing’ rather than ‘spewing unimaginable pish’.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Now that we've got some announcements regarding the final wave of books for the Krakoa Era, I though we could do some informed speculation on the line-up of X-books as well as the line-up of X-characters in them.

Attachment 135483

This is my take on it based on what we know so far:

FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X 1-5 / Gerry Duggan + Lucas Werneck
    ORCHIS: Cyclops, Firestar
    X-Men: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowkat, Wolverine (Logan), ...

RISE OF THE POWERS OF X 1-5 / Kieron Gillen + R.B. Silva
    Year 1: ?
    Year 10: Professor X
    Year 100: Old Man Synch, Iron Man (Cypher/Krakoa), Captain Krakoa (Kamala), Shadowkat?, Future Wolverine (Logan), Future White Queen
    Year 1000: ?

RESURRECTION OF MAGNETO 1-4 / Al Ewing + Luciano Vecchio
    Storm, Magneto

X-MEN 30-34 / Gerry Duggan + Joshua Cassara, Phil Noto
    X-Men: Synch, Talon, Juggernaut, Ms. Marvel, Rasputin IV, Shadowkat, Wolverine (Logan), ...
    CotV: Darwin
    Doom's X-Men: Volta, Nerium, Slag, Ironcloak, Dreamer

X-MEN FOREVER 1-4 / Kieron Gillen + Luca Maresca
    Jean Grey, Professor X, Moira X
    Former Quiet Council: Hope, Destiny, Selene, Exodus, Mystique, Sebastian Shaw, Cypher

NEW X-MEN 1-4 / ? + ?
    (Let's assume for now that this is a Apocalypse and his New Horsemen book.)
    Apocalypse, Sunfire, Redroot the Forest, Polaris, Vulcan

X-FORCE 48-50 / Benjamin Percy + Robert Gill
    Beast
    X-Force: Sage, Black Tom Cassidy, Domino, Kid Omega, Omega Red, Wolverine (Laura), Wolverine (Logan)

WOLVERINE 41-50 / Benjamin Percy, Victor LaValle + Cory Smith, Geoff Shaw
    Wolverine (Logan), Fang, Sabreteeth

DEAD X-MEN 1-4 / Steve Foxe + Jonas Scharf, Vincenzo Carratu, Bernard Chang
    Askani
    Dead X-Men: Archangel, Cannonball, Dazzler, Frenzy, Jubilee, Prodigy

CABLE 1-4 / Fabian Nicieza + Scot Eaton
    Old Man Cable, Kid Cable

? 1-4 / Steve Foxe + ?
    (The 'Three Days of the Condor' conspiracy thriller book.)
    Captain Britain, ...

? 1-4 / Si Spurrier + ?
    Legion? Warlock?

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN 13-18 - Gerry Duggan + Juan Frigeri
    Iron Man, White Queen, Forge

X-MEN UNLIMITED
    115 - 117 / Steve Foxe, Steve Orlando + Guillermo Sanna
    Firestar, Justice, Judas Traveller

/ Steve Foxe, Steve Orlando + ?
    Mirage, Sunspot, Thunderbird, Warpath

Some big characters that I'm not sure which book they will be:
    Iceman, Banshee, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke, Magik, Penance, Deadpool

X-Men 35 (Uncanny X-Men 700) will likely be a milestone one-shot that transitions the JDW era into the Brevoort era.

What do you think?
    I think there are a huge amount of X-Titles that no-one will ever remember.

Hugely awful dogshit.

I am very underwhelmed so far. It feels more of the same, but with an even narrower focus. Dead X-men is the only one who I might consider. Let’s see how the preview plays out on that one.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think this is a VERY solid line-up of books. It's a shame Jonathan Hickman is not part of the team that writes the conclusion to the story he started but I'm happy that the majority of the Krakoa architects are still around and get to write the end of it. It's very rare to get an actual ending in comics but I appreciate how they're seemingly tying up all loose ends and bringing every single plotline introduced in the last 5 years to a conclusion.

When it's all said and done, the body of work created from HOX/POX all the way to the end of the Fall of the House of X era will be a giant-sized mutant graphic novel, spanning many different creators and books, certainly with a lot of ups and downs but absolutely impressive, ambitious in scope and execution, tightly written in a way that was unseen before and for the better part, beautifully drawn by talent old and new.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's a shame Jonathan Hickman is not part of the team that writes the conclusion to the story he started
    He could still write (if he's willing to that is) a back-up for the upcoming Uncanny X-Men #700 (the only way I see for him to be kinda there at the very end of this era).

When it's all said and done, the body of work created from HOX/POX all the way to the end of the Fall of the House of X era will be a giant-sized mutant graphic novel, spanning many different creators and books
    Probably collected in a series of omnibus somewhere down the line (called "The Krakoa Years" or something like that).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 11-04-2023 at 03:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    He could still write (if he's willing to that is) a back-up for the upcoming Uncanny X-Men #700 (the only way I see for him to be kinda there at the very end of this era).
    That would be sweet. Maybe a short solo Moira story would be fitting. I can easily see Uncanny #700 being a big jam issue with multiple creators, possibly bridging the White and Brevoort eras with outgoing and incoming creators being featured, and it would be great if Hickman was a part of it.

I can easily see Uncanny #700 being a big jam issue with multiple creators, possibly bridging the White and Brevoort eras with outgoing and incoming creators being featured, and it would be great if Hickman was a part of it.
    With several chapters like the (Days of) Past (Claremont, Nicieza, etc), Present (Duggan & others) and Future (whoever Brevoort has already chosen) segments.

When Hickman left, he said he was ready to move to the next phase, but the other writers wanted to keep playing in the sandbox. That’s when the editor should have stepped in and said “no”. Instead, he (or possibly people above him) saw dollar signs and decided to continue milking the cow. Now the cow is all dried up and we’ve been eating mostly dust for a while now (with a few gems here and there). It’s time to finish this, but I really wish they had just let Hickman finish his story…

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

I hope other writers get a chance to write some of these closing books, as it’s otherwise looking like the usual group of Duggan, Ewing, Gillen, Percy, Spurrier (would be crazy if he wasn’t writing something in 2024), and Orlando; now with Foxe added (a welcome addition!) - though similarly it might be better just having them hold off until the next era.

Howard-aside, it would’ve been great to get Ayala and Williams back in some capacity given their involvement in the era earlier. We already know Williams definitely isn’t involved, so there goes hopes for an X-Terminators v2.

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    I hope other writers get a chance to write some of these closing books, as it’s otherwise looking like the usual group of Duggan, Ewing, Gillen, Percy, Spurrier (would be crazy if he wasn’t writing something in 2024), and Orlando; now with Foxe added (a welcome addition!) - though similarly it might be better just having them hold off until the next era.

Howard-aside, it would’ve been great to get Ayala and Williams back in some capacity given their involvement in the era earlier. We already know Williams definitely isn’t involved, so there goes hopes for an X-Terminators v2.
    Yeah… a lot of the same, but since we’re in the last phase of this era I’m not expecting a ton of variety. I do nope Camp get’s a follow-up and it’d be nice to see Stephanie Williams have a follow-up from her Unlimited work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    When Hickman left, he said he was ready to move to the next phase, but the other writers wanted to keep playing in the sandbox. That’s when the editor should have stepped in and said “no”. Instead, he (or possibly people above him) saw dollar signs and decided to continue milking the cow. Now the cow is all dried up and we’ve been eating mostly dust for a while now (with a few gems here and there). It’s time to finish this, but I really wish they had just let Hickman finish his story…
    I feel the same way. Krakoa started off with a bang and then kind of fell apart after Inferno. At least they are going to bring the era to a proper conclusion, and won't try to milk this era for as long as they tried to milk the Morrison era for everything they could. And I say that as someone who really enjoyed the Morrison era.
    And yes, I agree that it would be for the best if Hickman had been allowed to see this to the end. Though I guess that he lost interest after Inferno, so maybe he made the right decision to move on.

I guess that I am in the minority, but I would have preferred to see Howard remain till the end also. I mostly enjoyed her work, while I wasn't fond of Williams at all.
    Last edited by Thievery; 11-04-2023 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wait, Wolverine is only up to 40? Does this mean Percy is still going to be writing this next year? I thought his contract was up in March...
    I haven't read anything about his contract but we do know that the Sabretooth War is 10 issues, coming out biweekly, so Percy is around until May at least. He will probably bow out in June 2024 like most of the other Krakoa-era writers.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Thanks danielsan52, I've added this to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Good lord, that looks confusing as hell
    Maybe it will make more sense if we sort the books by storylines.
    Orchis Storyline: Fall of the House of X, X-Men, Cable, Invincible Iron Man
    Dominion Storyline: Rise of the Powers of X, X-Men Forever, Dead X-Men
    Okkara Storyline: Resurrection of Magneto, New X-Men
    X-Force Storyline: X-Force, Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah… a lot of the same, but since we’re in the last phase of this era I’m not expecting a ton of variety. I do nope Camp get’s a follow-up and it’d be nice to see Stephanie Williams have a follow-up from her Unlimited work.
    I think some of those writers may have been absorbed into Brevoort's upcoming reconfiguration of the X-line.
    Deniz Camp seems like a good candidate to relaunch X-Force after Percy's run is complete.

The most interesting and exciting thing for me is that starting in January we're going to be reading the final stories of these characters in this era. What happens to them, collectively and individually, what they experience and how they're left off before being handed to a new office is something I'm very invested in witnessing. I'm genuinely curious about the fate of each and every character.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Now that we've got some announcements regarding the final wave of books for the Krakoa Era, I though we could do some informed speculation on the line-up of X-books as well as the line-up of X-characters in them.

Attachment 135483

Some big characters that I'm not sure which book they will be, but will most likely be in a book:
    Iceman, Havok, Goblin Queen, Banshee, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke, Magik, Penance

X-Men 35 (Uncanny X-Men 700) will likely be a milestone one-shot that transitions the JDW era into the Brevoort era.

What do you think?
    I would love a Zeb Wells Hellions book featuring Havok, Goblin Queen, Bishop, Psylocke, Gambit, Archangel and Polaris. In fact I would love that more than anything that has already been solicited.