Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't think Cable is really involved with the Orchis storyline. The pitch for the book sounds like "while everyone else is distracted, Cable deals with some other unrelated threat".
    Yep. You nailed it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

From Gillen's newsletter:
    https://buttondown.email/KieronGille...uct-delusions/

"I've got nothing out this week, but I wanted to draw your attention to this.

X-men Blue: Origins is doing big stuff, which absolutely impacts what I'll be doing in X-men Forever (aka the Further Adventures of Immortal X-men).

As always with anything not in one of my stories which is important, I'll be introducing stuff so folks aren't lost, but if you're invested in all things Mystique and Destiny, you'll likely want this.

X-MEN STUFF
    Immortal X-men ends in December. Rise of the Powers of X starts in January and X-men Forever (which basically continues Immortal X-men) hits in March. I've likely got another issue's worth of X-stuff in the mix, but after that it'll be the end of my time in the X-office and Marvel (at least, for now). Time for new things."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

X-men Blue: Origins is doing big stuff, which absolutely impacts what I'll be doing in X-men Forever (aka the Further Adventures of Immortal X-men).

As always with anything not in one of my stories which is important, I'll be introducing stuff so folks aren't lost, but if you're invested in all things Mystique and Destiny, you'll likely want this.

X-MEN STUFF
    Immortal X-men ends in December. Rise of the Powers of X starts in January and X-men Forever (which basically continues Immortal X-men) hits in March. I've likely got another issue's worth of X-stuff in the mix, but after that it'll be the end of my time in the X-office and Marvel (at least, for now). Time for new things."

Gillen's Immortal has truly been the shining light of Krakoa age. Hickman laid the ground work but Gillen took the dive in the Quiet Council which were the main cast of the era really.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

X-MEN STUFF
    Sounds like he won't be a part of the Brevoort relaunch.
    I want to rejoice but it's still 6-8 more months of Gillenister. (I'm really not at all invested in any thing Mystique and Destiny).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

X-MEN STUFF
    Very glad to read Gillen will be following up on the Mystique/Destiny/Nightcrawler stuff, as expected.

And his Immortal X-Men has been the MVP of the Krakoan era alongside X-Men Red - it's not every day that a writer who did a somewhat long X-run comes back for another, even longer one, with both being excellent. That's a sign of true greatness in my book and of great devotion to these characters and their histories. I will miss Kieron's writing terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Very glad to read Gillen will be following up on the Mystique/Destiny/Nightcrawler stuff, as expected.

And his Immortal X-Men has been the MVP of the Krakoan era alongside X-Men Red - it's not every day that a writer who did a somewhat long X-run comes back for another, even longer one, with both being excellent. That's a sign of true greatness in my book and of great devotion to these characters and their histories. I will miss Kieron's writing terribly.
    I think this run far exceeds his previous. The Krakoa era is more exciting, the quality is better, and no AvX. I will say bringing back KG did wonders for Hope and that story arc. I was a big propionate that Hope was Jean reborn; having her be the key to resurrections pays off her importance in a much greater way than just the first of the new wave of mutants.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I think this run far exceeds his previous. The Krakoa era is more exciting, the quality is better, and no AvX. I will say bringing back KG did wonders for Hope and that story arc. I was a big propionate that Hope was Jean reborn; having her be the key to resurrections pays off her importance in a much greater way than just the first of the new wave of mutants.
    Yeah, I think Gillen had plans for Hope back in the early 2010s (Generation Hope) that did not pan out because of AvX, so it's great to see him come back to the character after all this time.

X-MEN STUFF
    I guess Gillen had been teasing major fallout between Mystique and Destiny so that will probably be what plays out there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Gillen had been teasing major fallout between Mystique and Destiny so that will probably be what plays out there.
    I had a similar thought. With all the focus of the era having been on how ride or die for each other Raven and Irene are as a couple, we've never really contemplated what happens if all their toxic messiness is eventually pitted against each other. If they had to have their memories altered just to stay together back in the day, what happens now that Raven's remembered it all at the worst possible time....and if Irene gets caught up to speed on the real background but still disconnected from her own genuine feelings about why she did what she did and what impact it may have actually had on her, she stubbornly doubles down on her choices and insists she was right because Kurt's life going the way it did was essential and supersedes everything else?

We could be gearing up for the messiest divorce in X-book history. Irene and Raven vs the world is one thing. What happens if their status quo going into the next era is Irene VERSUS Raven?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Sounds like he won't be a part of the Brevoort relaunch.
    Bright Lady be praised!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

What happens if their status quo going into the next era is Irene VERSUS Raven?
    The only thing I don't see here is any other mutants siding with any of them. Just trouble for Kurt and Rogue.lol

Just listing out the books again cause I like making lists.

January:
    New -
    Fall of the House of X
    Rise of the Powers of X
    Resurrection of Magneto
    Dead X-Men
    Cable
    Continuing-
    X-Men
    X-Force
    Wolverine

February: All above are continuing.

March:
    New -
    X-Men: Forever
    Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menance

X-Men Forever. Is anyone else seeing it on Amazon to subscribe for Kindle?

Its not coming up on my search.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    X-Men Forever. Is anyone else seeing it on Amazon to subscribe for Kindle?

Its not coming up on my search.
    I don't see it either but it might show up once the March solicitations officially drop in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    ? 1-4 / Si Spurrier + ?
    Nightcrawler? Mystique? Legion? Warlock?
    FYI Spurrier is the guest on the latest Off-Panel podcast episode and he pretty much says his work with the X-office is complete. He said he's only working on The Flash and the new upcoming Hellblazer series now.