Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Very true. If there's perhaps to be a short transition period after Fall/Rise they wouldn't want to spoil how it ends.

Good point about Deadpool/Wolverine! I also agree about some possible "Omega" issues and Gillen dropped that hint that he may have something else in the works after X-Men: Forever. These could be transition books with #700 being the issue that passes the baton as you said. I like it.
    Don’t forget there’s also a Giant Size X-Men one shot coming later next year too.

Fantastic Member

there is 100 % defintly a wolvie deadpool team up book coming not sure who teh creators are but already several issues in the can.......if with duggan and percy both leaving the main x-books that would be a good fit for either them but i still think that may be the gail simone book

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    there is 100 % defintly a wolvie deadpool team up book coming not sure who teh creators are but already several issues in the can.......if with duggan and percy both leaving the main x-books that would be a good fit for either them but i still think that may be the gail simone book
    Niiice!!! I am the target demographic for this book. For sure. Ha.

Let's have Cable and Domino show up in it too, just as guest stars at some point, since they're apparently going to be absent from the Deadpool 3 film. That would be nice.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Well true believers, the "Fall of X" has ended and we're moving into the "Fall/Rise" portion of our journey.

The line is shrinking by almost half from 14 books to 8 books until March when X-Men: Forever and Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace start. We're looking at a much tighter focus and since it appears that X-Force, Wolverine, Cable, and Ms Marvel will be doing their own things, the main story seems to be unfolding in 6 books: FotHoX, RotPoX, X-Men, RoM, Dead X-Men, and X-Men: Forever. RoM could be considered as doing its own thing but it looks like Xavier will be appearing in it also.

How's everyone feeling? I'm excited especially with the line shrinking. Hopefully this means we'll get very meaty stuff in most of the books.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well true believers, the "Fall of X" has ended and we're moving into the "Fall/Rise" portion of our journey.

The line is shrinking by almost half from 14 books to 8 books until March when X-Men: Forever and Ms. Marvel: Mutant Menace start. We're looking at a much tighter focus and since it appears that X-Force, Wolverine, Cable, and Ms Marvel will be doing their own things, the main story seems to be unfolding in 6 books: FotHoX, RotPoX, X-Men, RoM, Dead X-Men, and X-Men: Forever. RoM could be considered as doing its own thing but it looks like Xavier will be appearing in it also.

How's everyone feeling? I'm excited especially with the line shrinking. Hopefully this means we'll get very meaty stuff in most of the books.
    I really don't like the shrinking that big so much.

I rather have 6 to 8 ongoings and 2 or 3 mini series.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Truth to tell...My ennui has morphed into abject apathy. I'm just counting down the days until I get proper news about From the Ashes.

That said...
    I'm still buying my usual ...FotHoX, X-Men and RoM (the only one that has all my attention).
    I was contemplating adding RotPox if only for the art but I really cannot justify spending money on Gillenister's rot and besides, I'll still be updated with the summaries here so it's not that necessary in the grand scheme of this never-ending ending.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm extremely excited for the endgame just as I was excited when Dawn of X started... it's been a very fun journey for the X-books which left me invested in the narrative throughout and I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a satisfactory ending.

Trimming the fat for the end of the story is a brilliant idea to deliver meaty, meaningful books while still getting a good chunk of side adventures with the various Ms. Marvel, Cable, etc limited series. It's also good for the line to contract a bit as it prepares to expand again with From the Ashes, which will hopefully give us plenty of new ongoing books to get invested in.

Yeah, for the main story I’m just reading the FatHX and RotPX minis plus the flagship X-men title. Outside of that, it’s the Percy-verse for me (Wolverine, X-Force) and Cable. Might check out Dead X-men too. So 6-7 books, with three focused on the main event while the other three to four are kind of outside of it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I've been quite busy so I haven't had the time, but I've finally updated this list to include all recent developments up to the end of Fall of X.
    Let me know if I've missed anything.

Alright, we can add Rogue and Gambit to the FotHoX line-up! And the future X-Men Rise have the following codenames: Shadowtiger, Iron Man, Synch, Captain Krakoa, and Wolverine.
    Updated with this.

FYI Spurrier is the guest on the latest Off-Panel podcast episode and he pretty much says his work with the X-office is complete. He said he's only working on The Flash and the new upcoming Hellblazer series now.
    Updated with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't think Cable is really involved with the Orchis storyline. The pitch for the book sounds like "while everyone else is distracted, Cable deals with some other unrelated threat".
    I agree with this. Moved Cable out of the ORCHIS section.

Something occured to me while I was updating this list.

I believe the endings of X-Force and Wolverine happen chronologically before FotHoX begins.
    In X-Force and Wolverine, Logan is wearing his brown/yellow Krakoa-era suit.
    In X-Men and Fall of the House of X, Logan is wearing his yellow/blue classic suit.

So, at some point at the end of Sabretooth War, he switches from his brown suit to his blue suit.
    Then, he goes to Latveria where he meets up with Shadowkat and Ms. Marvel.
    After that, Logan and Colossus go to Paris to rescue Cyclops.

So my proposed timeline looks like this:
    X-Force 47-50 (Target: Beast)
    Wolverine 41-50 (Sabretooth War)
    X-Men 28-29 (Doom's X-Men)
    Fall of the House of X 1-5 + X-Men 30-34
    X-Men 35

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Something occured to me while I was updating this list.

I believe the endings of X-Force and Wolverine happen chronologically before FotHoX begins.
    In X-Force and Wolverine, Logan is wearing his brown/yellow Krakoa-era suit.
    In X-Men and Fall of the House of X, Logan is wearing his yellow/blue classic suit.

So, at some point at the end of Sabretooth War, he switches from his brown suit to his blue suit.
    Then, he goes to Latveria where he meets up with Shadowkat and Ms. Marvel.
    After that, Logan and Colossus go to Paris to rescue Cyclops.

So my proposed timeline looks like this:
    X-Force 47-50 (Target: Beast)
    Wolverine 41-50 (Sabretooth War)
    X-Men 28-29 (Doom's X-Men)
    Fall of the House of X 1-5 + X-Men 30-34
    X-Men 35
    I do not think suits or costumes matter match lately, we have seen the X-Men weer costumes from over the decades during the Krakoa era.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

I’m feeling deflated with the way the era is ending, but I’m sure there’ll be gems in there and this batch of Unlimited stories haven’t failed me yet. In terms of my pull list:

Definitely picking up:
    1. RoM
    2. Dead X-Men
    3. X-Men Forever

Checking out, but will drop if not great:
    1. RotPoX
    2. Wolverine: Sabretooth War

Waiting on reviews and positive word of mouth before buying:
    1. FotHoX
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-31-2023 at 06:16 AM.

I'm reading everything that ties into the main story, but mainly for the sake of being a completionist instead of enjoyment. I do hope that the next era will reignite my love for the franchise just like the Krakoa era did when Hickman was involved.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm reading everything that ties into the main story, but mainly for the sake of being a completionist instead of enjoyment. I do hope that the next era will reignite my love for the franchise just like the Krakoa era did when Hickman was involved.
    I'll be picking up everything dedicated to the main story as well to see how they conclude the era.

I'm also going to give Wolverine and X-Force a try since I'm really curious how Percy ends those stories.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Some sort of Blood Hunt tie-in aside, does anyone anticipate us getting any other series ahead of the relaunch? June will only have the final issues of Ms. Marvel and X-Men: Forever as it stands.