51. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-23/Wolverine

29 56.86%
  • Talon

22 43.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Hopefully, Talon sticks around and we get a book that has a large focus on her and Synch. They are some of the oldest and most experienced X-Men now. They should be leading a team like what we saw in First Strike. A Red Cross/Emergency Services team book, a la Damage Control. A story centered around difficult situations and how they help mitigate the loss of life, as well as lessening any structural and environmental damage, showing the X-Men engaging with the survivors and starting the healing process, with some flashbacks sprinkled in of their survival in the vault and how their situationship developed there. That First Strike one-shot was a breath of fresh air and could really be useful in changing the in-universe oppressive continuous hate that humans have for the mutants. It really was a modern take on what the X-Men should be.
    i don't understand what any Laura would do as an EMT. That is absolutely not anything she's ever shown interest in. Or, to be honest, any skill at. She's been portrayed as oblivious to the emotional or psychological needs of herself or others, if not outright callous and uncaring for anyone who thought they were her friend.

And the problem with Synch is that they made him plot breaking. You have one guy with the powers of Jean, Xavier, Proteus, Exodus, Magneto, Rogue, Destiny, and all the other Omega's and high Alphas he's mingled with...and that's just to start! He also has the Venom Symbiate and everyone else's powers, too. But...for some inexplicable reason (bad writers and writing), he's moping around a dank dirty sewer wondering, 'My oh my, what can I do to help Mutants...?'

It's like X-Office isn't even trying anymore!
    Last edited by Ulysian_Thracs; 11-03-2023 at 07:43 PM.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

To be fair, Synch's powers age him greatly if he's borrowing powers from people who are too far away - and most of them aren't even on his plane of reality. He could probably cause some massive damage in the short term, but he'd burn himself and die fairly quickly. Without the Five to resurrect him, it's not worth it. He'd be better off working strategically and putting his knowledge to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    she's written more like Laura bc she is the actual Laura, not a XEROX copy
    Does Duggan make that distinction though?

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be fair, Synch's powers age him greatly if he's borrowing powers from people who are too far away - and most of them aren't even on his plane of reality. He could probably cause some massive damage in the short term, but he'd burn himself and die fairly quickly. Without the Five to resurrect him, it's not worth it. He'd be better off working strategically and putting his knowledge to use.
    Presuming that is even still a thing and not one of the probably hundred plot threads that were just left up in the air, I would think sacrificing himself to stop Orchis (using Jean's T-K to just kill and destroy all of Orchis or even Chucky or QQ's T-P to simply make every human in the world have a positive disposition towards Mutants, which would cut off Orchis make them ineffectual) would totally be in character. I mean, this is the guy who literally jumped on a grenade for his friends, right?
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like Talon. I like X-23/Wolverine. But I don't want them both to be around at the same time, I hope there's a plan to leave only one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Presuming that is even still a thing and not one of the probably hundred plot threads that were just left up in the air, I would think sacrificing himself to stop Orchis (using Jean's T-K to just kill and destroy all of Orchis or even Chucky or QQ's T-P to simply make every human in the world have a positive disposition towards Mutants, which would cut off Orchis make them ineffectual) would totally be in character. I mean, this is the guy who literally jumped on a grenade for his friends, right?
    His weakness is likely still in effect since it limited him during the Brood arc.

Orchis can't just be destroyed by a single Omega - they already tried and failed with Magneto, and Jean's powers wouldn't do much there. Synch already dealt with editing someone's mind for the greater good. And even if he did do that, there would still be a lot of unanswered questions and clean up required - it wouldn't be feasible, especially eith the limited resources they have. And if they failed there, Orchis would just have more ammunition to use against them.

Synch definitely would sacrifice himself to save everyone. But at the moment, that's not what will help in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

I'm ok with the name talon. But hate vault laura. Also her and synch spend 500 years fighting them just so cable and bishop wipe them out in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm ok with the name talon. But hate vault laura. Also her and synch spend 500 years fighting them just so cable and bishop wipe them out in a day?
    A testament to how bad f’n ass Cable and Bishop are. Especially together.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Right lol how are we comparing the duo of High School Jock + Repentant Assassin with 2 Time Traveling Soldier Types?

Fantastic Member

I hate the whole 500 years of off panel development. I don't particularly care for Synch for the same reason.
    Last edited by Zoks; 11-04-2023 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I hate the whole 500 years of off panel development. I don't particularly care for Synch for the same reason.
    Synch at least had been in limbo for a while before that point, so for many readers that was his first real introduction to them. Laura has had and on and off solo series and been a part of major teams even without it. When you are being introduced 500 years of off panel stuff is just backstory.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A testament to how bad f’n ass Cable and Bishop are. Especially together.
    Is really how a sign of how good those two are or how poorly thought and prepared the entire vault mission was ?

The X-Office is pumping out a lot of miniseries right now.

They should just write a miniseries showing what Synch and Talon went through while they were in the Vault together and why they have such a strong romantic connection. I'd be more interested in that than a lot of the other minis that have been announced.

Even if Talon ends up being nothing but a plant for the Children of the Vault at least we will get more of Synch's history explained for us in a little more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

They should just write a miniseries showing what Synch and Talon went through while they were in the Vault together and why they have such a strong romantic connection. I'd be more interested in that than a lot of the other minis that have been announced.

Even if Talon ends up being nothing but a plant for the Children of the Vault at least we will get more of Synch's history explained for us in a little more detail.
    Even if it was the greatest love story ever told, these people would hate it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

All the minis fall under FOX though and are about pushing the narrative forward, not filling in the gaps from the past. A Synch/Talon mini about how they fell in love would kinda feel pointless right now and quite frankly I dont think is a story that needs to be told bc i think Hickman did a good enough job with that. At best, they should get an X-men Unlimited issue around them