Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I hope those 3 pages stay unlettered because they are hilarious that way.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The solicit indicates Sovereign might be finally showing off the lasso of lies, so this will probably be the issue where he escalates the conflict against Diana.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    The art is amazing but I am seriously concerned about the pace of the story. 3 issues in and Diana is still stomping generic soldiers, the same thing which went down in the last 2 issues.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem for me if this was shaping up to be a character-focused story but they haven't even properly shown Diana's perspective. All that has happened is some setup and the mysterious main villain waxing lyrical about Diana in the narration. But because we haven't really gotten any real insight about Diana, all that falls flat.
    It's only three issues, and King said he wanted to stay on for a long time, so I'm guessing he's trying to rush his way through to get to the "meat" of things. Just my guess.

Wonder Woman #3 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Daniel Sampere
    Backup Writer: Tom King
    Backup Artist: Belen Ortega

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Wonder Woman #3 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Daniel Sampere
    Backup Writer: Tom King
    Backup Artist: Belen Ortega

The Sovereign narration is becoming a bit too much. I'm half-tempted to just skim them.

I don't really come to WW to read the overwrought narration of the patriarchy.

Damn, King went hard with this issue.

Astonishing Member

Sovereign so far feels very weird, to be honest. Can't say I'm sold on this whole ''Wonder Woman's equivalent of The Joker or Lex Luthor'' narrative King is trying to push. I just can't find him, I don't, interesting enough.
    So, I guess there's a chance spoilers:
    Lizzie was actually adopted? Though, it's pretty much might be an intentional mislead.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-21-2023 at 08:01 AM.

Can't say I'm enamored with that reveal.

spoilers:
    Lizzie isn't even Diana's biological daughter? Superman and Batman can have biological children, but Wonder Woman can't? Could be a mislead on King's part, but if not that's a huge copout.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

spoilers:
    Lizzie isn't even Diana's biological daughter? Superman and Batman can have biological children, but Wonder Woman can't? Could be a mislead on King's part, but if not that's a huge copout.
    end of spoilers
    People wont be happy either way. But its a twist I didnt see coming and am willing to see through.

But another decent issue, though I am ready for Sovvy to stop narrating. I was fine with it for these 3 issues but now its time to switch things up. All the Diana bits were great though.

I definitely think Sarge Steele is under the influence of the LoL so if Diana ever gets the LoT on him, would be interesting to see if it does anything.

THe back-up was cute enough. As long as we gradually get more and more Lizzie, I'll be fine with it and I assume we will since we know she'll dress up as an Amazon so people dont have to worry about WOnder Robin being her entire childhood.

This was a decent issue. I see where they are going with the reveal at the end…which has me thinking Emelie will be the one who dies instead of Cassie…I also feel like the baby in her will most likely die as well and be reborn into Diana or clay maybe.

Back up issue was really cute. Very kick ass.

Fantastic Member

Hoping the twist is real and not a misdirect. Yes please Sovvy stop narrating after this arc. I like the idea behind him, but not the execution.
    And like Primal Slayer said I also think Sarge Steel is under the influence of LoL

It was decent. I'm glad we're starting to see the story move, though the pacing is a bit off - we get some movement with Sovereign but Diana's side of the story doesn't really go anywhere until the last couple pages.

Honestly my favorite parts of the issue (other than the art, which was incredible as usual) were all Lizzie-related. I like the idea of her being adopted and it's clearly just the first revelation - she seems more powerful than an average Amazon and Sovereign hinted at some kind of prophecy for her in #800. I'm curious to see if the story leads to another take on the "Diana protects a pregnant woman on the run" story, which is a concept I like and wouldn't mind seeing done better than it was in the Azzarello run.

And I agree with everyone who's said the backup was cute and fun. I suspect there'll be people who take issue with it for whatever reason but I love her being an annoying little gremlin, especially when Belen Ortega draws her sooooo adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    This was a decent issue. I see where they are going with the reveal at the end…which has me thinking Emelie will be the one who dies instead of Cassie…I also feel like the baby in her will most likely die as well and be reborn into Diana or clay maybe.
    This is a REALLY interesting idea. King has said he's pulling the lore from Perez and Diana making her baby from the soul of a stillborn mirrors her Perez origin exactly.

My biggest issue is that Diana's scenes are feeling really repetitive. I was hoping her taking out a bunch of generic AXE guys and confronting Steel was just the set-up, but the whole issue is largely that yet again and the "I have an army!" threat feels hollow when we literally just saw Diana beat an army without trouble. I'm glad the next issue is going to be a big change of pace, and with the big reveal at the end and the Wonder Girls coming through in issue #5 I'm hoping they're 100% done with this formula.

Also not into the jet just looking like a standard military jet that can turn invisible. Hoping it's a Wonder Dome type situation where it can change shape. (Though I have to wonder, did Steel have forces surrounding them in the air as well? "Trapping" her in his office already seems like a dumb plan when the military clearly can't touch her, but it's especially dumb when she can just fly out the window...).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Pregnant Diana would necessitate a timeskip since she'd be unable to fight for a few months. This avoids that.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    It was decent. I'm glad we're starting to see the story move, though the pacing is a bit off - we get some movement with Sovereign but Diana's side of the story doesn't really go anywhere until the last couple pages.

Honestly my favorite parts of the issue (other than the art, which was incredible as usual) were all Lizzie-related. I like the idea of her being adopted and it's clearly just the first revelation - she seems more powerful than an average Amazon and Sovereign hinted at some kind of prophecy for her in #800. I'm curious to see if the story leads to another take on the "Diana protects a pregnant woman on the run" story, which is a concept I like and wouldn't mind seeing done better than it was in the Azzarello run.

And I agree with everyone who's said the backup was cute and fun. I suspect there'll be people who take issue with it for whatever reason but I love her being an annoying little gremlin, especially when Belen Ortega draws her sooooo adorable.

This is a REALLY interesting idea. King has said he's pulling the lore from Perez and Diana making her baby from the soul of a stillborn mirrors her Perez origin exactly.

My biggest issue is that Diana's scenes are feeling really repetitive. I was hoping her taking out a bunch of generic AXE guys and confronting Steel was just the set-up, but the whole issue is largely that yet again and the "I have an army!" threat feels hollow when we literally just saw Diana beat an army without trouble. I'm glad the next issue is going to be a big change of pace, and with the big reveal at the end and the Wonder Girls coming through in issue #5 I'm hoping they're 100% done with this formula.

Also not into the jet just looking like a standard military jet that can turn invisible. Hoping it's a Wonder Dome type situation where it can change shape. (Though I have to wonder, did Steel have forces surrounding them in the air as well? "Trapping" her in his office already seems like a dumb plan when the military clearly can't touch her, but it's especially dumb when she can just fly out the window...).
    I also think he could be using the lasso against her as well. She is wearing the LOL around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Pregnant Diana would necessitate a timeskip since she'd be unable to fight for a few months. This avoids that.
    end of spoilers
    But we had a pregnant Spider-Woman before and that was probably her best run. And a demigoddess won't be able to fight while pregnant? I think she would do fine all things considered.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-21-2023 at 09:58 AM.