Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Pregnant Diana would necessitate a timeskip since she'd be unable to fight for a few months. This avoids that.
    end of spoilers
    If we can have Xena fighting up until she gives birth...Diana easily could

Astonishing Member

It still might be a mislead or something like that.
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't really have any doubt, if DC didn't promote the hell out of Lizzie as ''the daughter of Wonder Woman'', comparing her with Damian and Jon, etc. There's nothing wrong about her being adopted (and it actually might add some depth to this story), but considering this pretty straightforward approach, I have my doubts.
    end of spoilers

If Lizzie is supposed to be adopted then there's no reason not to use Circe's daughter in her place. Other than royalties

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Maybe Emelie's baby dies and Diana prays for her resurrection from a clay statue, Historia-style
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If Lizzie is supposed to be adopted then there's no reason not to use Circe's daughter in her place. Other than royalties
    Literally 99% of comics of the last decade are about them royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    My biggest issue is that Diana's scenes are feeling really repetitive. I was hoping her taking out a bunch of generic AXE guys and confronting Steel was just the set-up, but the whole issue is largely that yet again and the "I have an army!" threat feels hollow when we literally just saw Diana beat an army without trouble.
    This, 100%. So much of this could have been cut to make the story move along faster. How many times we gonna see Diana one-up the very delusional Steel?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very bored now the High King's narration. Either show up or shut up...but don't keep whining and wingeing behind the scenes while you send incompetent people to do your dirty work.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I will say at least 3 issues in, Sovvy doesn't give me Lex/Joker vibes. Of course it's still VERY early but he's just a generic elderly man with a lasso

Honestly, this issue and the last could easily fit into a single issue if we lose some of that pretentious monologing from Sovereign.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Sovereign so far feels very weird, to be honest. Can't say I'm sold on this whole ''Wonder Woman's equivalent of The Joker or Lex Luthor'' narrative King is trying to push. I just can't find him, I don't, interesting enough.
    So, I guess there's a chance spoilers:
    Lizzie was actually adopted? Though, it's pretty much might be an intentional mislead.
    end of spoilers
    I’m verrrrry interested to see where that goes. spoilers:
    Because yeah the obvious conclusion is Lizzie isn’t Diana’s biological kid, Diana just adopts her after Lizzie’s mom dies/abandons her/whatever. But I think it will be a fakeout because Jon and Damian are the bio kids and I think DC will want a bio Wonder Daughter to complete this Trinity. If I’m wrong I hope she gets treated better than Chris Kent did.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

OH ****, That was a big twist.
    I don't want Diana to have sons or daughters, but an adopted daughter falls within my parameters that I can accept without any problem.
    I agree that Diana fighting soldiers has already become repetitive, but it doesn't bother me because the story keeps me hooked.
    I'm not too sure the whole patriarchy thing is empowered in the Sovereign, but I'm open to how King is going to resolve all of this.
    I'm not interested in baby Lizzie yet, but Jon called Damian DAME, if they're setting up a love match there, maybe I'll buy it.

Oh...my...goddess. The plot thickens.
    It's quite evident that the "little amazon baby in [Emelie's] belly" is Trinity.
    Unless it's a misdirection.

I loved issue 1, was meh on issue 2, but issue three recaptured my imagination and love again.
    I am horrified by what the Sovereign did to that soldier. And I am looking forward to the implications (in the middle of a nationwide wave of anti-amazon paranoia) of an American soldier committing suicide and leaving a note in which he blames the world's most famous amazon for him taking his own life.
    I am also now more intrigued than ever about the lasso of lies.
    Who or what created it? The Duke of Deception? Apate? Ares? Eris? Some other still-unnamed and unseen malevolent force? How exactly does it work?
    And beyond the lasso: why does the Sovereign always talk in plural when referring to himself?

I don't have any answers but I am dying to find out what's up.
    My one dislike this issue: the yucky reveal of the invisible plane reminded of the kind of thing Zack Snyder would do to reconceptualize the iconic Wonder Woman mode of transportation in order to make it and her appear "badass."

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I will say at least 3 issues in, Sovvy doesn't give me Lex/Joker vibes. Of course it's still VERY early but he's just a generic elderly man with a lasso
    I still think he will be be thrown into the official bin of forgotten WW villains once King's run is over, but I truly hope that the Sovereign ends up being a powerful creature whose final face off with the Amazing Amazon is a block-decimating shocker.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-21-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Sovereign is using the royal “we”. It’s just a pretentious way to refer to himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm totally okay with Lizzie not being Diana's biological daughter. It'll make her easier to ignore and disappear into limbo along with Jason when this run is over.

Didn't bother reading the back-up. Don't care about Trinity or the Super-Sons. They can all bugger off.

I like the premise of this arc well enough. I'm so-so on the Sovereign, but I do hope we get Diana's POV sooner rather than later. I also think it's time we escalate the opposition to her. It's all good and fun watching her steamroll soldiers, but she's due for some proper challenges now.

Minor thing, I really wish King would let Diana use contractions when she speaks. I know he's said he imagines her with an accent and english isn't her first language, but the constant "I will" and "I am" and "I do not"...Diana is allowed to speak informally from time to time. She's been speaking english fluently in-universe for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm totally okay with Lizzie not being Diana's biological daughter. It'll make her easier to ignore and disappear into limbo along with Jason when this run is over.

Didn't bother reading the back-up. Don't care about Trinity or the Super-Sons. They can all bugger off.

I like the premise of this arc well enough. I'm so-so on the Sovereign, but I do hope we get Diana's POV sooner rather than later. I also think it's time we escalate the opposition to her. It's all good and fun watching her steamroll soldiers, but she's due for some proper challenges now.

Minor thing, I really wish King would let Diana use contractions when she speaks. I know he's said he imagines her with an accent and english isn't her first language, but the constant "I will" and "I am" and "I do not"...Diana is allowed to speak informally from time to time. She's been speaking english fluently in-universe for quite some time.
    He wouldn't be the first writer to write her without contractions though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Oh...my...goddess. The plot thickens.
    It's quite evident that the "little amazon baby in [Emelie's] belly" is Trinity.
    Unless it's a misdirection.

I loved issue 1, was meh on issue 2, but issue three recaptured my imagination and love again.
    I am horrified by what the Sovereign did to that soldier. And I am looking forward to the implications (in the middle of a nationwide wave of anti-amazon paranoia) of an American soldier committing suicide and leaving a note in which he blames the world's most famous amazon for him taking his own life.
    I am also now more intrigued than ever about the lasso of lies.
    Who or what created it? The Duke of Deception? Apate? Ares? Eris? Some other still-unnamed and unseen malevolent force? How exactly does it work?
    And beyond the lasso: why does the Sovereign always talk in plural when referring to himself?

I don't have any answers but I am dying to find out what's up.
    My one dislike this issue: the yucky reveal of the invisible plane reminded of the kind of thing Zack Snyder would do to reconceptualize the iconic Wonder Woman mode of transportation in order to make it and her appear "badass."

I still think he will be be thrown into the official bin of forgotten WW villains once King's run is over, but I truly hope that the Sovereign ends up being a powerful creature whose final face off with the Amazing Amazon is a block-decimating shocker.
    In an earlier issue, Sovereign said his ancestor stole the Lasso of Lies from a female tribe when he came to the colonies.