Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Would love to see J'onn J'onzz in a Brave and Bold type book

I would love to see a monthly book with J'onn in a sort of The Brave And The Bold type of situation teaming up with a different hero.

Through the 90s, J'onn had been in groups or situations where he had developed relationships with all kinds of heroes. And yet there are others he hadn't interacted with.

Not sure what his status is currently with all the continuing changes in the DC Universe, but it would be great to see him interacting with different heroes.

Who would you like to see him team up with?

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - JL:Year One showed Hal wasn't freaked out seeing an alien - which made perfect sense. What also makes sense is J'onn asking Hal to take him back to Mars. If that story has been told, I don't know about it but it's a flashback I'd like to see.

Black Canary - they served on two of the most important Justice League lineups but it'd be hard to describe the nature of their relationship. Seeing them one-on-one would be nice.

Starman (Mikaal) - two alien dudes. Seems fun.

Definitely, my choice would be The Doom Patrol! Since J'onn is such a huge fan of Rita

J’onn is a pretty versatile character for being one of the most god-like heroes in comics. You could do a noir story with Detective John Jones teaming up with The Question, a supernatural themed story with J’onn using his telepathic powers to stop a demon possession with Etrigan and Zatanna, a space story with GL, etc.

So yeah, I would love a team up book starring Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I would love to see a monthly book with J'onn in a sort of The Brave And The Bold type of situation teaming up with a different hero.

Through the 90s, J'onn had been in groups or situations where he had developed relationships with all kinds of heroes. And yet there are others he hadn't interacted with.

Not sure what his status is currently with all the continuing changes in the DC Universe, but it would be great to see him interacting with different heroes.

I would like to see some short heartwarming or funny stories at the end

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

^^^Who would i like to see him team up with?
    Who would i NOT want to see him team up with?!?

Oh yeah,

Superman and Batman.

A hypothetical book like this should be a vehicle to showcase other heroes like J’onn, who don’t enjoy multiple appearances every month. Or at all.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

J'onn Jonz and Firestorm sounds REALLY interesting.

I think they'd both benefit from it.

But also Guy Gardner.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Fantastic Member

That's a great idea. MM seems a great character for such a team-up series. It can be an interesting way to show him understanding humanity by working side by side with different heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    That's a great idea. MM seems a great character for such a team-up series. It can be an interesting way to show him understanding humanity by working side by side with different heroes.
    Along those lines, I'd like to see Red Tornado. Maybe they could learn from each other.

I'd love more Martian Manhunter .

I LOVE this idea!
    Right off the bat, I would go with:

1) Black Canary
    2) Spectre
    3) Vixen
    4) Titans
    5) Madame Xanadu
    6) Hawkman
    7) Catwoman
    8) Zatanna
    9) The Creeper
    10) Dr. Mid-Night & Wildcat (Beth & Yolanda)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    You could do a noir story with Detective John Jones teaming up with The Question...
    Now that'd be an interesting team-up! They're both deep thinkers in my book and have similar tendencies to question the nature of humanity. They could be a new Superman/Batman type of pairing, given their power/skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love more Martian Manhunter .
    I concur. I'd even settle for a sequel to the J'onn/Curry team-up from Super Powers '85 (XD)

I’d like to see an adventure story where they explore his father/daughter relationship with Gypsy.

Other than that I’d like to see him team up with individual JLI/ JLDetroit characters

If Neil Gaiman isn't too busy, I'd certainly be interested in another team-up with Sandman

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-06-2023 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.