Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Justice for Danger and Madison!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's plain biphobia or it's a wish to cater to, pardon the term, ""standard LGBTQ"" people (yes, I know the "B" is there for a reason, but you get what I mean). But it seems that, once they outed a (previous straight) character as not straight, there's something that forbids authors to return said character to heterosexual pairings. If it's a fear for a backlash ("we want to see queer pairs, aren't there enough het pair, do you really need to deprive us of this one too?!"/"why did you back-pedalled on X's queerness by putting them again in a het boring pair!!!" - saldy, fandom has these people as well, and they are mostly vocal on socials) or else, I can't say. Only villains, or morally grey characters, are allowed to play on both teams (Daken?). But the rest, it's as if they suddenly forgot they liked (and found pleasure) in the other gender as well.
    This happens outside of comics as well.

(This is the reason why I took Betsy/Rachel so bad - because I have this negative feeling that Betsy will be forever a lesbian from now on and she won't be portrayed flirting with men as she was used to do, even when she was spoken for/in a stable relationship)
    It sadly happens in real life. I've seen people attacking Anna Paquin for being married to a guy(Stephen Moyer) in a monogamous marriage. Treating her as some kind of a traitor for not at least still sleeping with girls on the side.

Ultimate Member

I hope Hakkas negative feeling does not come true, and remember the hate that Anne Heche got when she broke up with Ellen and married a man. Also when Willow and Oz were on Angel together some wondered if they would spend the night together and how declared that if the did then Willow had to call herself bi and not a lesbian.lesbianism..

Here's hoping that much of the love from the Krakoa Era just gets left behind...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    It sadly happens in real life. I've seen people attacking Anna Paquin for being married to a guy(Stephen Moyer) in a monogamous marriage. Treating her as some kind of a traitor for not at least still sleeping with girls on the side.
    I remember Anna Paquin getting some attention a while back but, I could never figure out the logic or reasoning behind taking it personally when a popular person, fictional or otherwise, has conflicting sexual preferences or is married with children to the opposite sex and maintaining monogamy I mean -- if Paquin is bisexual then she's clearly breaking the rules, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-07-2023 at 04:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I mean that’s just your personal story. Plenty of people bought into that universe considering it gave us an actual married Peter who was a father. It may not be “real” for you but for quite a few it was enough. Just because it’s not 616 doesn’t make it any less real especially when Marvel is supporting it in an ongoing manner. And let’s be real, casuals would buy it based on the Amazing brand since they wouldn’t even know it’s not the main universe. I’ve seen AUs confused with the main universe plenty of times.
    It's as real as any comic is, but it's also as real as any fan-fiction is.

What ongoing is covering this now? That is really surprising

Astonishing Member

Nightcrawler and Stacy X had an off-panel hook-up. It was referred to when the Legionnaires were discussing Kurt sprouting the demon horns, and Stacy mentioned with a smirk that she "can confirm" that his mutation was not transferable by bodily fluids.

Tempo and Bouncer were a couple, but broke up before Tempo joined the Marauders.

Somnus hooked up with Neutron of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard in MARAUDERS.

This one is only an implication, but what about Christian Frost and Shinobi Shaw? They were shown socializing together on multiple occasions at the Green Lagoon, and Emma once remarked to him to "be kind" to her brother, which seems an odd thing to say if their relationship was strictly professional.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Nightcrawler and Silver Sable are sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I remember Anna Paquin getting some attention a while back but, I could never figure out the logic or reasoning behind taking it personally when a popular person, fictional or otherwise, has conflicting sexual preferences or is married with children to the opposite sex and maintaining monogamy I mean -- if Paquin is bisexual then she's clearly breaking the rules, right?
    They have these terms, 'practicing bisexual' and 'non-practicing bisexual', and using them basically makes it seem as if one is being faithful or not to their sexual orientation. It's too quasi-religious and it treats bisexuals who are monogamous as less than those who are not.

It's a similar thing to those in the LGBTQ+ community who say that real gays and lesbians don't want to get married and have kids, that they are 'suffering from hetero-normative thinking'. I remember there was a poster here who use to express that opinion a lot.

In an era where being straight, white and male increasingly makes one the target of a cottage industry that seems devoted to hating and vilifying all of that, at least you don't have others in those groups taking it upon themselves to define what being those things mean and treating you as a traitor if you don't conform to their definition.

All-New Member

Colossus and Domino

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    In an era where being straight, white and male increasingly makes one the target of a cottage industry that seems devoted to hating and vilifying all of that, at least you don't have others in those groups taking it upon themselves to define what being those things mean and treating you as a traitor if you don't conform to their definition.
    You can't be serious. Who controls the majority of the world's most powerful countries and corporations? Quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You can't be serious. Who controls the majority of the world's most powerful countries and corporations? Quickly.
    white, straight males.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Justice for Danger and Madison!
    I don't think Vance would be interested in either one of them.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm actually FASCINATED by how they managed to pivot a post that was explicitly about bi erasure and biphobia to the plight of the straight, white man.

Points for originality because I did not see that plot twist coming.

Don’t forget Wolverine and the surfer girl… who turned out to be an Orchis spy and stole mutant babies.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-08-2023 at 12:41 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”