Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 112. Fire star part 1

As we open she's burning trash in space.
    Stasis and devos are watching
    Devos: if you want to keep your pet have it do something usfull, having a mutant is a pr problem
    Stasis: fine
    A mysterious voice: I have a idea

Stasis: allow me to induce Judas travller
    Fire star : hi
    Stasis: unlike you Shaw and selen he was with us from the start making our narrative perfict
    Travller: follow me the narratives petals moves fast.

Travller: every mutant needs a unique solution, you as our mutant face offer a unique boon. Former xmen captures a dangerous mutant is a good story. I belive you were familer with Vance astrovick

Fire star mind (my former teammate and fiance)

Next time fire star and orcrust vs we have hellion home

Great issue (episode?)! Can't wait for the next! We finally get some Firstar in Orchis action, what they are thinking and what she is thinking.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

A lot of the issue was recapping the Gala and how Firestar got to where she is now.

Judas wanting to utilize her in a public way is gonna suck for her and her relationships for sure. In terms of timeline, she's already encountered Kate but it's not clear if she's broken Cain out yet (she's not injured.)

Last edited by JB; 11-06-2023 at 07:55 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ive never read anything with these characters in them.

What are Judas Travellers powers?

And it is kind of interesting that they are going to make Firestar bring in her ex boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

And it is kind of interesting that they are going to make Firestar bring in her ex boyfriend.
    According to his WIKI:

Telepathy: Traveller possesses some degree of psionic power, primarily the ability to alter one's sense of perception and create illusions. He can also read minds and alter one's memories. Traveller uses his powers and knowledge to make himself seem far more powerful than he actually is, claiming at times to be a sorcerer or a godlike being.

I keep forgetting Judas frikkin' Traveller is working with Orchis.

It's kind of sad that, what with the New Warriors Outlawed mini not happening, I think this is the first time Angelica has seen Vance in years.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Judas Traveller first appeared in in Spider-man comics back in the 90's. He was a very mysterious and godlike character. Alluded to be Judas from the Bible even. He had reality bending powers and psionic then. A later story retconned it so it was one of his followers who used technology to simulate his powers. Judas Himself was declared a mutant and insane, more or less. He was given some illusion powers to cover up the plotholes this retcon created.

This Judas Traveller can be treated as blank slate more or less. He saw himself as a study of the human mind and I think it was revealed that before his psychotic break he worked as renowned psychatrist.

I really hope this ties into Astonishing Iceman.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Judas Traveller first appeared in in Spider-man comics back in the 90's. He was a very mysterious and godlike character. Alluded to be Judas from the Bible even. He had reality bending powers and psionic then. A later story retconned it so it was one of his followers who used technology to simulate his powers. Judas Himself was declared a mutant and insane, more or less. He was given some illusion powers to cover up the plotholes this retcon created.

This Judas Traveller can be treated as blank slate more or less. He saw himself as a study of the human mind and I think it was revealed that before his psychotic break he worked as renowned psychatrist.
    He was also one of the more annoying things in the Clone Saga, which is saying something .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was also one of the more annoying things in the Clone Saga, which is saying something .
    I liked him back then. But I was still a preteen and Bagley drew him. So go figure.

He was a departure in style. Quasi religious being, shrouded in mystery with godlike powers. He seems more in place in a …. Horror or thriller comic. Some epic story spanning centuries perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I liked him back then. But I was still a preteen and Bagley drew him. So go figure.

He was a departure in style. Quasi religious being, shrouded in mystery with godlike powers. He seems more in place in a …. Horror or thriller comic. Some epic story spanning centuries perhaps.
    Honestly I just remember him being whatever the story needed him to be .

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

LOL Not Judas calling Pro. X and Emma's powers being nothing, but Talents.

Sounds like he's Jealous.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 11-06-2023 at 03:00 PM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Thanks for the posts!

I do hope there's some proper conversation with justice about being a mutant, X-Men and Krakoa.

Great issue. I like the way this title is being used to support the main books and give attention to characters that aren’t getting a heavy focus elsewhere. I love Justice so can’t wait to see him and Firestar reunite next issue! I hope they both get to play a part in the post-Krakoan era.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."