Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who should be the next creative team after Snyder and Capullo?

The only creative team that could replace Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo is Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.

Agreed?

Not really. I didn't particularly enjoy their Wonder Woman run, and the two Batman-related Azzarello stories I've read were strictly average.

Nope. I'd say there are several possibilities for that. And as Snyder and Capullo are likely to be around at least another 18 months, and very likely longer, any speculation has to be extremely tentative.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

No. I really didn't enjoy Azz's take on Batman in 'Broken City'. The Flashpoint story was pretty cool, though.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    No. I really didn't enjoy Azz's take on Batman in 'Broken City'. The Flashpoint story was pretty cool, though.
    It was a nice crime story and a lot better than the story before it, that is however also the worst story ever done.

I never read Broken City, but I liked Joker a lot.

I think Azzarello is great, but he seems to be more about doing self-contained stories (The WW-run, Joker, Broken City, Knight of Vengeance...) than doing a long run on a "universe-driving" title like Batman. I honestly think they might give it to Johns instead, as he's currently the only writer at DC who has enough of a following to match Snyder's and Capullo's numbers.

I think Chiang wants to move over to creator owned titles, and I am not sure about Azz.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone could match the numbers Synder and Capullo sold. I bet they will try to keep Synder as long as they can even if Capullo decides he wants to move on to something else after his contract ends. So maybe they would just try and pair Synder up with another big artist.

If both leave then I can see DC trying to get one of Marvel's big writers and artists or have Johns write it, but Johns would have to jump off one of his current books. I don't think he has the time to write three ongoings.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hmmm.... Greg Pak? Jeff Parker? I dunno, those guys might be able to do something interesting with the title.

*cough*Jim Lee*cough*

I'm only half-joking. I can dream, right?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I would really enjoy a new creative team. I am not confident on choosing a writer out of DC's current stable (I like Lemire but am happy with his choice titles). I know for certain I would want Patrick Gleason on art.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

a couple weeks ago I'd have said Azzarello and Sorrentino. But, given that won't happen now... I'll say... Azzarello and Kano. (though I guess it depends on how long he'll be at Valiant...man, DC just can't catch a break keeping anyone, huh?)
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I'd like to give the team currently on Detective Comics a chance (Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato)
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
    -Superman, Action Comics #775

I'm really liking Tim Seeley at the moment.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Jphu8414 View Post
    I'd like to give the team currently on Detective Comics a chance (Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato)
    If their run on 'Tec keeps getting rave reviews they might get a shot, just as Snyder was "promoted" from writing 'Tec. I like the suggestions of Lemire, Pak and Aaron, but none of them are really "big" enough to generate the hype necesssary to avoid a post Snyder/Capullo slump.