Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

girls-vol-4-extinction-tp_804f25bf63.jpg

If their is a time and place for a series that has a different voice I would say it's time for Girls.

Hopefully this counts, but my choice would be Bastard Samurai

I kind of agree with Alan Moore that comics shouldn’t be turned into TV series because they’re already in the medium they were created for, but I’d at least find a Transmetropolitan adaptation interesting. I read Paper Girls and Y: The Last Man earlier this year and just enjoyed them all the more knowing that I’d get a complete story plus all the original art and story beats that make them work so well.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I remember Warren Ellis saying years ago that he didn't want to do Transmet as an animated series, but I think live action would probably be prohibitively expensive, especially now. Might have been possible 5 or 6 years ago.

I wouldn't want to see it unless it was a faithful adaptation with Ellis in charge, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I kind of agree with Alan Moore that comics shouldn’t be turned into TV series because they’re already in the medium they were created for,
    Looking at the book, television, and movie characters in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen makes me think Moore wasn't 100% on board with this idea himself.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

There are certain properties that seem like they would not translate well to the screen. Sandman was one of those, for me, but then the Netflix series proved me wrong.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I cant think of ten but I think Something is Killing the Children would be a great horror series.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I cant think of ten but I think Something is Killing the Children would be a great horror series.
    A network would have to have absolute balls of brass to show even ten percent of the violence to children in that haha

Hopefully this counts, but my next choice would be Cerebus

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but my next choice would be Cerebus

A brilliant idea. Lots and lots of challenges, but damn, I'd love to see it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A brilliant idea. Lots and lots of challenges, but damn, I'd love to see it.
    Oh yeah. Cerebus would be animated and the rest are real actors and surroundings. R rated, of course.

Astonishing Member

A Masters of the Universe big budget real live show. Game of thrones style. R rated.

With an evil Skeletor, not a pathetic one, but one that has a lot of dark humor and is feared. He should be really powerful.

I have so many ideas for that one. Motu is so rich of everything, and very complex.

If I really think about it, it may be the reason why we never got a live action movie or series. I mean who would you cast for He-Man anyway? Jay Cutler?

TV Show
    -- The Question (Vic)
    -- Machine Man
    -- Zot!
    -- Alien Legion
    -- Grendel (Hunter Rose - 2 Seasons, Christine Spar - 1 Season (Brian Li Sung for one ep as the epilogue), then work through all the way through Grendel Prime the next 4 - 5 seasons)

Movie
    -- The New Gods
    -- The Green Lantern Corps
    -- A.B.C. Warriors
    -- Legion of Super-Heroes
    -- The New Warriors (original lineup)

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Oh yeah. Cerebus would be animated and the rest are real actors and surroundings. R rated, of course.
    I was thinking of Gerhard detail backgrounds and Dave Sim working with producers. But an animated Cerebus running around in real surroundings works also.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    TV Show
    -- The Question (Vic)

Movie
    -- The Green Lantern Corps
    I would really love a Question tv show

But as for Green Lantern Corps I would love to see that be a tv show. I know the CGI would be a huge cost so it would never happen but a weekly Corps show that would focus in on a different member each week and in the end it turns out there were fighting a different piece of the same threat and have to team up in the season finale to take them down.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.