Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    So far amazons have been fodder.

And all the scans with bb and WW, show bb dominating and WW helpless.
    All scans? Theres like 5 and not the full issue so its not going to show the entire fight

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Diana's "I'll leave you to my sisters" bit is going to look real dumb when we cut back to Zealot and find she single-handedly crushed them like the losers they are.
    Yeah Zealot will defeat the amazons because she has done a magical ritual which Diana know nothing about. So no she won't look bad because there actually is a reason.

Fantastic Member

Diana did very well feat wise in this, but I'm sure some people will complain about Cass (which I think they would be absolutely right in) and the end.
    Diana's personality and characteristics came of great in this issue. I would say from this issue only Thompson seems to have a great grasp on Diana.

The issue displayed Diana pretty good! Seeing how knocked the lights out Big Girl was the highlight of my issue. I don’t think Cassie did too much to worry Diana at all. She wasn’t holding back after all.

NOW the fight is complete and did Diana lose? No. Was she made to look like a chump? No,

The only problem I have is the Amazons were made to look like fools against Harley and the Birds. Zealot taking them out? She was meant to be the Diana of her team so that makes sense. But the BoP should've been to the point of being defeated that Dinah is forced to pull out the big guns: Her Canary Cry

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    NOW the fight is complete and did Diana lose? No. Was she made to look like a chump? No,

The only problem I have is the Amazons were made to look like fools against Harley and the Birds. Zealot taking them out? She was meant to be the Diana of her team so that makes sense. But the BoP should've been to the point of being defeated that Dinah is forced to pull out the big guns: Her Canary Cry
    I don't like that she went uhh! by the explosives that batwoman used. Or the fasct that Barda did not stay KO. She only got one hit in. While barda got 6. And i don't like the fact barda was able to pull WW close to her. As if the writer tried to suggest WW is weaker physically.

I don't like that she went uhh! by the explosives that batwoman used. Or the fasct that Barda did not stay KO. She only got one hit in. While barda got 6. And i don't like the fact barda was able to pull WW close to her. As if the writer tried to suggest WW is weaker physically.
    Lol did you read the book and follow the pictures? Barda had to do all of those things for her to get Diana. Diana takes her 6 hits like they were nothing and knocked the Mario coins out of Barda. Everything Cassandra threw at Diana, she took it like a champion. Diana was that girl in this issue.

Some will find issues with everything

But Diana won. So trying to complain that she's weak is a moot point

I must say that not only was Diana shown as an unstoppable force but I also liked her characterization.
    Likewise, the story seems stupid and meaningless to me, Dinah's decisions are totally OOC, and she shows little respect for the Amazons.

Amazon profits (official name escapes me atm) have been getting a lot of play this pass year. They're getting taken over by the (un)holy spirit left and right

Kind of expected better from Thompson given the stuff I've heard about her Marvel work and being a big WW fan.

Diana seemed fine (aside from being tossed aside at the end by the generic monster) but if this how the Amazons get portrayed, I kinda hope she steps up her game if she ever writes a WW solo book. Because I don't know who Zealot is and her chumping Amazons left and right is anti-hype to me.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Lol did you read the book and follow the pictures? Barda had to do all of those things for her to get Diana. Diana takes her 6 hits like they were nothing and knocked the Mario coins out of Barda. Everything Cassandra threw at Diana, she took it like a champion. Diana was that girl in this issue.
    Barda's hit did hurt WW. Let's npt say she took them like nothing. Thast is not the problem though. I wish barda would have stayed KO. Since she landed 6 hits and DSiana only got to hit her once. At least make barda stay KO.

Also i do not like to hear WW going uuuh! by simple explosives. It is my opinion. She should never struggle even a little bit with things like that.

Barda's hit did hurt WW. Let's npt say she took them like nothing. Thast is not the problem though. I wish barda would have stayed KO. Since she landed 6 hits and DSiana only got to hit her once. At least make barda stay KO.

Also i do not like to hear WW going uuuh! by simple explosives. It is my opinion. She should never struggle even a little bit with things like that.
    Her hits didn’t look like anything to me. It looked like Diana shook her blows off and hit her 1 good time. Barda was giving her all to get a head jump on Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Priceless...

Past that?

Last I knew, Darkseid had reworked Barda where she is roughly in Diana's ballpark as far as what she can put behind a punch.

Accounting for that?

This is roughly "Rocky..."/"Apollo..."

The idea that either one of them should be able to just lay the other one out or simply shrug off what the other is hitting them with is rather nonsensical.

Yeah, Diana won the fight with Barda.

But the Amazons are still losers, everyone's an idiot, and now--as predicted--the real big bad's here to squash them all. Just goes to show treating a character well isn't just winning fights and feats.
    Like I said, Thompson may be a fan of Wonder Woman, but this has not been a great first impression. I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-05-2023 at 03:29 PM.