Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in BOP

Wonder Woman appearing towards the end of issue 4 was a nice showing! Oliver tried taking Diana out with all of his arrows, but wasn’t able to take her down. Barda also admits it’s hard to take down the Princess of Themyscira.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This book continues to kick ass and Diana was awesome. Leonardo Romero has blown me away with every issue, but his Diana is just something else - the hair and outfit are perfection and he draws her so much larger than life, like she doesn't even fit on the page. Love her huge, booming sound effects and the subtle things like cement breaking under her feet when she's annoyed.

Also really dig the action scene with Green Arrow, which feels kinetic and exciting even though it's just him frantically pulling out all the stops while she barely does anything because he can't hurt her. Captures the helpless "ohh ****" feeling of the cage match episode of JLU. I can't wait to see what Romero does with Diana vs. Barda - the title has been all street level action so far, and seeing how huge and powerful Diana feels has me really excited to see how Romero handles two powerhouses duking it out.

I know I'm giving Romero all of the flowers here but the whole team with him, Kelly Thompson, and Jordie Bellaire is excellent. Sales numbers look great so it seems like others are enjoying it as well. Hope they stay on the book for a good, long while.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Is this comc canon? If so, it will suck when we see barda beating WW like it will likely happen. I can see the lowballers on battle forums using this as another proof of why WW isn't really that strong. Since feats wise, Barda has done nothing impressive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    This book continues to kick ass and Diana was awesome. Leonardo Romero has blown me away with every issue, but his Diana is just something else - the hair and outfit are perfection and he draws her so much larger than life, like she doesn't even fit on the page. Love her huge, booming sound effects and the subtle things like cement breaking under her feet when she's annoyed.

Also really dig the action scene with Green Arrow, which feels kinetic and exciting even though it's just him frantically pulling out all the stops while she barely does anything because he can't hurt her. Captures the helpless "ohh ****" feeling of the cage match episode of JLU. I can't wait to see what Romero does with Diana vs. Barda - the title has been all street level action so far, and seeing how huge and powerful Diana feels has me really excited to see how Romero handles two powerhouses duking it out.

I know I'm giving Romero all of the flowers here but the whole team with him, Kelly Thompson, and Jordie Bellaire is excellent. Sales numbers look great so it seems like others are enjoying it as well. Hope they stay on the book for a good, long while.
    Yeah, the run has been absolutely fantastic so far. And that preview page is amazing!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The feats are cool even if the plot and the plan to hold off Diana made absolutely no sense.

That's probably the most curly her hairs' been drawn in forever.

I hope she takes out Harley first .
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Is this comc canon? If so, it will suck when we see barda beating WW like it will likely happen. I can see the lowballers on battle forums using this as another proof of why WW isn't really that strong. Since feats wise, Barda has done nothing impressive.
    Barda made it sound like it would be a tough fight and she didn't stand a chance if Diana was ticked.

How many Big Barda comics have you read?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Not a bad issue but I find myself laughing at how terrible Dinah's plan is here.

Like sicking Green Arrow on Diana as a distraction is probably one of the worst ideas she's had in a while.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Queen is a lot more bearable when he's getting the bejeezus knocked out of him and no Tom Taylor quips.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The feats are cool even if the plot and the plan to hold off Diana made absolutely no sense.

That's probably the most curly her hairs' been drawn in forever.

I hope she takes out Harley first .

Barda made it sound like it would be a tough fight and she didn't stand a chance if Diana was ticked.

How many Big Barda comics have you read?
    I have never seen Barda perform any big feat of raw power bin over a decade.

Ok, some people here say i am too dense. But correct me if i am wrong. Did i just see Diana unable to react to an arrow and being affected by a human level punch from green arrow?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ok, some people here say i am too dense. But correct me if i am wrong. Did i just see Diana unable to react to an arrow and being affected by a human level punch from green arrow?
    Does it matter? SHe didnt kill him so we already know its an instant fail for some

the plan is stupid in all levels
    and one panel butterflies and in the other, boom, diana again? i dont get it
    kinda meh book

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Does it matter? SHe didnt kill him so we already know its an instant fail for some
    I didn't expect her to kill him. I expected the ''powerhouse'' to not be so weak to be affected by a hit from a human, and so slow to not react to an arrow. Street Wonder is at it again. What a powerhouse she is.

I have never seen Barda perform any big feat of raw power bin over a decade.
    I feel like she had some feats in Tom King's Mister Miracle.
    The way it looks in the art it seems like she moved to dodge the arrow so it only grazed her and none of his attacks are actually effecting her. He seems like he's straining himself more than she is.

1. They're magic arrows. Constantine gave Ollie a bag of them in case he needed to distract Diana, but the first arrow that hits her doesn't seem to do anything. In another panel he fires a regular arrow at her and it shatters on her arm.

2. She isn't affected by his attacks at all - it's right on the page. She doesn't even flinch when he punches her. When he tries to take the opportunity attack and knee her it only seems to hurt him (at least given his little grunt). She casually wrecks him just by reacting to his useless hits.

3. Not sure why it's a priority to appease the sad, toxic little men who post in battle forums. But in any case I can't imagine reading this issue and thinking Diana doesn't feel viscerally powerful. Same goes for Barda - doesn't matter if she doesn't have "feats," we know she led Darkseid's army and understand that she's supposed to be extremely powerful.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 11-07-2023 at 09:25 PM.