Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    I didn't expect her to kill him. I expected the ''powerhouse'' to not be so weak to be affected by a hit from a human, and so slow to not react to an arrow. Street Wonder is at it again. What a powerhouse she is.
    She wasn’t affected by anything he did! She didn’t make any sounds when he hit her.

I didn't expect her to kill him. I expected the ''powerhouse'' to not be so weak to be affected by a hit from a human, and so slow to not react to an arrow. Street Wonder is at it again. What a powerhouse she is.
    She literally goes from wherever that city is to Themyscira in one panel.

I enjoyed the little Martson/Golden Age joke near the end.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-08-2023 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    the plan is stupid in all levels
    and one panel butterflies and in the other, boom, diana again? i don't get it
    kinda meh book
    I am literally confused with those panels. Literally; what is going on? Oliver has an arrow that turned Diana into butterflies? Made her hallucinate and see butterflies? WTF
    lol
    Yeah, my problem with the issue is that I have absolutely no clue about what is happening between Diana and Oliver.
    Seriously, comic book artists should never forget the importance of clarity and fluidity in their action-scene panel design.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-08-2023 at 12:38 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    1. They're magic arrows. Constantine gave Ollie a bag of them in case he needed to distract Diana, but the first arrow that hits her doesn't seem to do anything. In another panel he fires a regular arrow at her and it shatters on her arm.

2. She isn't affected by his attacks at all - it's right on the page. She doesn't even flinch when he punches her. When he tries to take the opportunity attack and knee her it only seems to hurt him (at least given his little grunt). She casually wrecks him just by reacting to his useless hits.

3. Not sure why it's a priority to appease the sad, toxic little men who post in battle forums. But in any case I can't imagine reading this issue and thinking Diana doesn't feel viscerally powerful. Same goes for Barda - doesn't matter if she doesn't have "feats," we know she led Darkseid's army and understand that she's supposed to be extremely powerful.
    The panels are a bit confusing. I am not sure what is going on. Why did she fail to react to the first arrow? Her speed should be way above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She literally goes from wherever that city is to Themyscira in one panel.
    But she didn't react to the first arrow. See my problem is that i have never liked this idea, that characters are only as powerful as the plot needs them to be. I guess this is why i clash so often with some people here.

I'm not sure where Thompson is going with this Amazon plot and it seems an odd choice for her given her criticism of them in the Azzarello run.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am literally confused with those panels. Literally; what is going on? Oliver has an arrow that turned Diana into butterflies? Made her hallucinate and see butterflies? WTF
    lol
    Yeah, my problem with the issue is that I have absolutely no clue about what is happening between Diana and Oliver.
    Seriously, comic book artists should never forget the importance of clarity and fluidity in their action-scene panel design.
    Yeah the art in this issue in general is rather confusing to read. Its a combination of the very desaturated colors and weird paneling, leaves it with a way too close-up look.

But she didn't react to the first arrow. See my problem is that i have never liked this idea, that characters are only as powerful as the plot needs them to be. I guess this is why i clash so often with some people here.
    The one thing that irks me about those panels (beyond the confusing action) is that I thought Diana has been forever established as having enhanced senses, and I thought that someone like Green Arrow would not be able to sneak up an arrow attack on her like that. Someone mentioned that these were magical arrows, but does them being magical also mean that they make Green Arrow undetectable to Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah the art in this issue in general is rather confusing to read. Its a combination of the very desaturated colors and weird paneling, leaves it with a way too close-up look.
    I like the simplicity of the linework and its retro feel, but not the the fact that the action itself is not easy to follow. ETA: yes, Ollie says "I turned her into butterflies," which is insane to me. What kind of uberpowerful magic arrow would transmute a whole ass living creature (also made of magic) into butterflies? Were the arrows gifted to Constantine by Circe?
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-08-2023 at 03:01 AM.

I was fine with the flat, pale art until Diana showed up, I didn't like her anachronistic curls or her from under the counter, nonregulation costume, if she wore heels like that in her own book people would plotz.

The reverence shown towards Wonder Woman was nice, sort of. It's good they see her as a big deal, but it seems that if they really saw her as a big deal they'd have a better plan.

Sin appeared as if she were in a primitive prison and the Birds got the drop on the Amazons a little too easily, but at least Themyscira has Wi-Fi.

Barda is set-up to be the underdog but I'm saying now, if she wins a head to head battle with Diana I'll be pissed. If the other Birds help out and win I won't be as mad, because teamwork makes the dream work. This threat to all creation better be worth all the shenanigans.

I'd also like more backstory on Zealot's history with the island and it's inhabitants.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was fine with the flat, pale art until Diana showed up, I didn't like her anachronistic curls or her from under the counter, nonregulation costume, if she wore heels like that in her own book people would plotz.

The reverence shown towards Wonder Woman was nice, sort of. It's good they see her as a big deal, but it seems that if they really saw her as a big deal they'd have a better plan.

Sin appeared as if she were in a primitive prison and the Birds got the drop on the Amazons a little too easily, but at least Themyscira has Wi-Fi.

Barda is set-up to be the underdog but I'm saying now, if she wins a head to head battle with Diana I'll be pissed. If the other Birds help out and win I won't be as mad, because teamwork makes the dream work. This threat to all creation better be worth all the shenanigans.

I'd also like more backstory on Zealot's history with the island and it's inhabitants.
    I really loved her hair! I feel like her hair should be more curly and long offen! Instead of straight and short…what was weird to me was that not only was she in costume, but seem like she was also with security when she supposed to be in hiding? She better knock the lights out of Barda with no problem and the other birds.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Show us where exactly this weak ass wonder woman was affected by a hit from Oliver Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    lol
    It seemed pretty clear. The arrow turned her into a butterflies temporarily. She returned to form and went straight to the island

Lets not act like Diana has never had heels before. When we have people in fishnets, latex suits, flowing long hair....reasonable heels arent that big of a deal imo
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-08-2023 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I really loved her hair! I feel like her hair should be more curly and long offen! Instead of straight and short…what was weird to me was that not only was she in costume, but seem like she was also with security when she supposed to be in hiding? She better knock the lights out of Barda with no problem and the other birds.
    When Perez was drawing it I loved the curly hair. By the time we got to Jimenez it was starting to wear out it's welcome, now it feels outdated like a permed 1980's hair band, guess that's why it was used in a story called "Megadeath".

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Show us where exactly this weak ass wonder woman was affected by a hit from Oliver Queen?

It seemed pretty clear. The arrow turned her into a butterflies temporarily. She returned to form and went straight to the island

Lets not act like Diana has never had heels before. When we have people in fishnets, latex suits, flowing long hair....reasonable heels arent that big of a deal imo
    Personally I like Wonder Woman in heels (on different boots) but didn't think you guys did. With her classic costume they're great, but they look out of place on the armored boots with knee guards (where the most I expect are wedges).

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Did he not hit her in the stomach?

Did she not fail to react to an arrow?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the heels .
    Did he not hit her in the stomach?
    Which seemed to hurt him more than it hurt her.
    Did she not fail to react to an arrow?
    She did react to the arrow, it seemed like she moved to dodge it. That's why it just grazed her.

Barda made it sound like she wouldn't win in a fight, especially if Diana was ticked.