Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Did he not hit her in the stomach?

Did she not fail to react to an arrow?
    No where in this panel does anything he do make her react in any type of pain. Hitting her in the stomach doesnt equate to being weak, especially when she isnt sure why he is attacking her or even worried about him. Why should she care if he hits her? She wasnt worried about harm to her.

Fantastic Member

I don't get how anybody get her being weak from this fight. It pretty much shows that she doesn't care about Green Arrow at all. Taking no damage and not even caring if the arrows hit her. Also she recovers from a magical arrow in seconds. That is a really good feat for those who cares about that plus the speed she travels to Themyscira. Probably the best feats she has had in a long time.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the heels .

Which seemed to hurt him more than it hurt her.

She did react to the arrow, it seemed like she moved to dodge it. That's why it just grazed her.

Barda made it sound like she wouldn't win in a fight, especially if Diana was ticked.
    But she got tagged by the arrow. Then she reaches the island in an instant? Super inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    But she got tagged by the arrow. Then she reaches the island in an instant? Super inconsistent.
    I feel like we're moving the goalposts here.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

As noted Canary's plan is just kinda borderline dumb.

Like at least when Batman sent Green Arrow to shoot Superman, he gave him kryptonite. Instead here he was given some random **** by Constantine, not someone reliable like Zatanna or Dr. Fate.

Seriously talk about putting your boyfriends life in danger and risk destroying yours and his professional relationship with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    As noted Canary's plan is just kinda borderline dumb.

Like at least when Batman sent Green Arrow to shoot Superman, he gave him kryptonite. Instead here he was given some random **** by Constantine, not someone reliable like Zatanna or Dr. Fate.

Seriously talk about putting your boyfriends life in danger and risk destroying yours and his professional relationship with Diana.
    spoilers:
    In fairness, it's noted that some of the magic in the bag is missing and I very much doubt Diana was going to kill Oliver or even seriously hurt him. As far as their working relationship is concerned, superheroes have continued to work together and remained friends despite worse betrayals.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-09-2023 at 02:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    In fairness, it's noted that some of the magic in the bag is missing and I very much doubt Diana was going to kill Oliver or even seriously hurt him. As far as their working relationship is concerned, superheroes have continued to work together and remained friends despite worse betrayals.
    end of spoilers
    True. Its very clear this story is mainly an avenue to construct a big fight between the Birds and Wonder Woman.

It just kinda makes the characters look like huge idiots to get there.

Mighty Member

The way it looks in the art it seems like she moved to dodge the arrow so it only grazed her
    That would be far worse than if she just didn't care, except the magic made the arrows magnitudes faster than normal arrows.

And the whole plan and that fight are incredibly silly, it is neither impressive nor exciting to see Wonder Woman crush a street leveler, and that it is portrayed in such a confusing way isn't helping either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    That would be far worse than if she just didn't care, except the magic made the arrows magnitudes faster than normal arrows.

And the whole plan and that fight are incredibly silly, it is neither impressive nor exciting to see Wonder Woman crush a street leveler, and that it is portrayed in such a confusing way isn't helping either.
    I think it's more just showing how overall invulnerable and unstoppable she is. The real meat will be her fighting the team next month.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't have much issue with Diana in this issue (yet), but the treatment of the Amazons is pretty lousy.

Clown girl should have gotten an arrow to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't have much issue with Diana in this issue (yet), but the treatment of the Amazons is pretty lousy.

Harley didn't seem that worried about Wonder Woman here, so I hope we get to see Diana wrecking the entire team to show her why she should've been terrified .

They really should just give Harley some kind of luck-based ability like Domino or Black Cat. Because sis should be dead a thousand times over.

It's always annoying seeing the amazons get shafted because we need to make the main characters look good. Amazon skill is hearsay only at this point.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member

Harley didn't seem that worried about Wonder Woman here, so I hope we get to see Diana wrecking the entire team to show her why she should've been terrified .
    With the direction DC is moving towards, it is more likely that Harley will one shot Diana and then casually ask what the big deal is about her.

And Harley has already beaten Diana once already in Heroes in Crisis.