Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    With the direction DC is moving towards, it is more likely that Harley will one shot Diana and then casually ask what the big deal is about her.

And Harley has already beaten Diana once already in Heroes in Crisis.
    The way she portrayed Diana against Ollie, I doubt it.

Harley takes out a single Amazon, and it’s in a sneak attack from above.

In fact, most of the Amazons that get defeated are similar surprise attack scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    In fact, most of the Amazons that get defeated are similar surprise attack scenarios.
    That shouldn't matter, these are centuries old meta-human warrior women, who have all day to practice and who should be on high alert anyway given the current situation with the Americans. They're Amazons, not Stormtroopers. They needed a better showing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That single sneak attack is already pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That shouldn't matter, these are centuries old meta-human warrior women, who have all day to practice and who should be on high alert anyway given the current situation with the Americans. They're Amazons, not Stormtroopers. They needed a better showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That single sneak attack is already pushing it
    Unless being an Amazon gives you magical anti-concussion powers, I don’t really get the big deal. Particularly when Birds got the likes of Cassandra Cain, Big Barda and Zealot on their side. But then again I find most power scaler arguments kind of fruitless, so it might just be me.

I mean, has there ever been a consistent depiction of how well an average Amazon fares against any given DC superhero?
    Last edited by Holt; 11-09-2023 at 05:08 PM.

Clown girl being there at all is the problem.

But hey good to know Canary is fine paling with an unrepentant murderer to go behind Diana’s back. Guess Taylor got that right about Canary in Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Clown girl being there at all is the problem.

But hey good to know Canary is fine paling with an unrepentant murderer to go behind Diana’s back. Guess Taylor got that right about Canary in Injustice.
    That ship’s long since sailed.

That ship’s long since sailed.
    Yes, and taking out Amazons with Three Stooges level tactics is not going to anything to endear this book to people here.

Yes, and taking out Amazons with Three Stooges level tactics is not going to anything to endear this book to people here.
    Eh. If nameless Amazon grunts getting taken out is that big a deal then I guess so. Someone said these aren’t Stormtroopers but if you aren’t an actual significant character in a comic, that’s pretty much what you are.

Thanks Gaius! I was sitting here wondering what to watch, I love that movie! It should've had a sequel.

Eh. If nameless Amazon grunts getting taken out is that big a deal then I guess so. Someone said these aren’t Stormtroopers but if you aren’t an actual significant character in a comic, that’s pretty much what you are.
    This is just an extension of people generally being sick of the Amazons being treated as disposable (hell, that’s why KSD wrote Historia). Yeah their not getting killed or massacred again but being taken out by Joker’s failed sidekick is hardly better. It’d be different story if Barda was doggedly trying to fight her way through hordes of Amazons or if Canary/Cass were doing everything to avoid being noticed.

So yes, the stormtroopers comparison is fair.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-09-2023 at 05:24 PM.

So much for the race of legendary warriors. Just a bunch of easily dispatched chumps.

Okay, can I just say the shilling of Harley in this comic is insufferable. First issue: "Wow, Harley's so unpredictable, Cass almost couldn't keep up with her!" Then it was, "Wow, Harley's so insightful, she can see right through Dinah's BS and call her out on it!"
    "Wow, Harley's so smart, people should respect her more!" "Wow, Harley's so helpful, we could have never made onto Themyscira without her!"

Placing my bet: next issue, Harley's "unpredictability" will be what enables Barda and the Birds to subdue/beat Wonder Woman. Then everyone can praise Harley for saving them while she cracks another obnoxious joke. Cue vomiting.

And we still got the evil entity-thing that's supposed to possess Sin and slaughter the Amazons--because they're helpless and useless, in case we forgot--which I'm sure will be unleashed and thoroughly kick Diana's ass until the Birds rescue her.

I've said it before: nothing good happens when Wonder Woman appears outside her own book. If not this issue, then the next or the one after that...that train never misses the station.

I'm not one for power levels but those scans of WW getting taken out by Green Arrow of all people had me incensed.

Even with the cool artwork, I'm glad I'm not following this crap.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not one for power levels but those scans of WW getting taken out by Green Arrow of all people had me incensed.

Even with the cool artwork, I'm glad I'm not following this crap.
    Getting taken out by GA? Being lucky to turn her into butterflies isn't taking her out imo

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Getting taken out by GA? Being lucky to turn her into butterflies isn't taking her out imo
    And even that was just a delaying tactic, she was not at all taken out during the issue.