Thread: Alfred's Return

Default Alfred's Return

So Bane broke Alfred's neck sometime ago. Has DC or have/has anyone else mentioned bringing him back? Sorry, I've been away from the Bat-verse for a while and haven't heard/seen anything on this topic... Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!...

He was briefly brought back (kind of) in the Batman vs Robin mini but that was about it.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Damian had his own book that was all about him trying to win a warrior contest to resurrect Alfred, that was, among many other things, really about dealing with his grief/self-blame for Alfred's death. It was really a good book.

That kind of got co-opted into a bizarre miniseries with a seemingly revived Alfred, that's better forgotten.

Alfred is still dead.

...for now.
    Last edited by exile001; 11-08-2023 at 07:11 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thanks for the replies, y'all. So has anyone seen, heard, or read anything about a possible return? I'm guessing not...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Damian had his own book that was all about him trying to win a warrior contest to resurrect Alfred, that was, among many other things, really about dealing with his grief/self-blame for Alfred's death. It was really a good book.

That kind of got co-opted into a bizarre miniseries with a seemingly revived Alfred, that's better forgotten.

Alfred is still dead.

...for now.

I really enjoyed Damian's book , DC should have kept it going to explore Damian's adventures anywhere in the world .
    It was much better than Batman & Robin , which considering what's going on in the main Batman book and Tec . I don't see where this book fits in .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I really enjoyed Damian's book , DC should have kept it going to explore Damian's adventures anywhere in the world .
    It was much better than Batman & Robin , which considering what's going on in the main Batman book and Tec . I don't see where this book fits in .
    Agreed and I think that was the plan till Williamson decided that he wanted to explore more of Bruce and Damian's relationship.

I miss Robin 2021.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Funny enough, I'm not really a big Damian fan. I picked it up for Connor Hawke and it totally won me over, which is a credit to Williamson's writing and the excellent art.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Funny enough, I'm not really a big Damian fan. I picked it up for Connor Hawke and it totally won me over, which is a credit to Williamson's writing and the excellent art.
    Hey I also loved Robin, and Connor was a big part of that. Hopefully he shows in Batman and Robin.

Incredible Member

I still remember when Conner Hawke was introduced in Green Arrow in the early 90's .
    He was pretty cool back then , sad that in all this time he hasn't evolved much .
    I'm not reading GA at the moment , so maybe he's featured on there ?

I still remember when Conner Hawke was introduced in Green Arrow in the early 90's .
    He was pretty cool back then , sad that in all this time he hasn't evolved much .
    I'm not reading GA at the moment , so maybe he's featured on there ?
    He does show up with the rest of the Arrow family. Its been a pretty cool series so far, and I won't spoil it but they have him with a team I'd like to see him have more adventures with.