Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Does John Wick qualify?
    Yeah, though I hope they don't make Link into a medieval John Wick.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It will be hard to resist.
    Kind of wonder if they'll throw in a reference to the other talking Link from the bizzare CD-I series, which pretty much was a major part of the "Youtube poop" joke edit/memes for the last decade and a half.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, it's just a difference in graphic quality really. The shield, the power sword, the costume and the look of Gannondorf are all the same.
    Well, Link's green tunic is optional in BoTW .

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Unless they're pumping a ton of money into this, live action isn't the route to go. I fear how the Goron or Zora will look.
    You say that, but I would kill for a 80s style dark fantasy Legend of Zelda. Think of something like the Never Ending Story, Dark Crystal, Labrynth, Time Bandits, Krull, etc..

So the director, Wes Ball, actually tweeted his desire to direct a Legend of Zelda movie all the way back in 2010.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/w...et-1235783773/

"Since I could never even hope to have the chance to direct it... the next big mo-cap Avatar-like movie should be... THE LEGEND OF ZELDA."

That... is actually a positive sign for me. If they go the route of Avatar in how they develop this movie, and make Hyrule as vibrant and beautiful as Pandora? I'm actually looking forward to seeing the first trailer.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You say that, but I would kill for a 80s style dark fantasy Legend of Zelda. Think of something like the Never Ending Story, Dark Crystal, Labrynth, Time Bandits, Krull, etc..
    I could picture a more heroic fantasy for the first movie, and something very dark for a potential sequel.

Nintendo has definitely gone very dark with Zelda. Link's Awakening (despite how cutesy it looks) and Majora's Mask are very dark games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I could picture a more heroic fantasy for the first movie, and something very dark for a potential sequel.

Nintendo has definitely gone very dark with Zelda. Link's Awakening (despite how cutesy it looks) and Majora's Mask are very dark games.
    The first time I beat Link's Awakening I cried. It messed with my head that the island and people on it were not real.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The first time I beat Link's Awakening I cried. It messed with my head that the island and people on it were not real.
    That was the first game to really sucker punch me. Nintendo has very undeserved rap for only making lighthearted fantasy, but some of their games are incredibly deep.
    Life is but a dream

Zelda games can get dark also. Few nintendo games do. Heck paper mario has had dark stuff.