Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Link talks all the time in the manga.

Didn't he talk in the cartoon that played around the time of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He can talk, but doesn't need to be TALKATIVE. I mean, there are plenty of movies where the protagonist says very little.
    Life is but a dream

I'm expecting a more traditional Zelda story for the movie. Maybe something closer to Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild.

I could see a Majora's Mask post-credits tease.

Fine, Tom Hardy if he can’t actually be mute. Lots of funny expressions and Mr Bean noises to portray a man who could be pecked to death by a flock of cuccos at any moment.

Again, how old are link and zelda going to be? In many of the games they are little kids. Others they are teens. Botw games not sure how old but maybe adults in the second game which is rare. 80s cartoon they were teens but most of the early games they are young children. N64 oot link is both thanks to time jumps!

Smash used both ages. So has the manga. What age will they pick here?

Unless they're pumping a ton of money into this, live action isn't the route to go. I fear how the Goron or Zora will look.

Also, if this is actually the start of the story then he needs to fight Demise, but we all know they're going to go with Ganondorf.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Unless they're pumping a ton of money into this, live action isn't the route to go. I fear how the Goron or Zora will look.

Also, if this is actually the start of the story then he needs to fight Demise, but we all know they're going to go with Ganondorf.
    This really doesn't need to cost more then a 100 million maybe less I hope live action

Outside recency bias for Breath of the Wild or chronologically for Skyward Sword, I think they're probably going to go with something close to Ocarina of Time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Outside recency bias for Breath of the Wild or chronologically for Skyward Sword, I think they're probably going to go with something close to Ocarina of Time.
    Other than the time element there really isn't much different plot wise between Breath of the Wild and Ocarina of Time.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    He can talk, but doesn't need to be TALKATIVE. I mean, there are plenty of movies where the protagonist says very little.
    Does John Wick qualify?

With the wild success of Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, I would be shocked if they didn't heavily draw from those games. Ocarina of time is beloved, for sure. But they sold around 7 million, vs the 30 million that Breath of the Wild attained.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Other than the time element there really isn't much different plot wise between Breath of the Wild and Ocarina of Time.
    Also different visual iconography.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Also different visual iconography.
    Eh, it's just a difference in graphic quality really. The shield, the power sword, the costume and the look of Gannondorf are all the same.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I would love them to do old school and do a Link to the Past movie as that is as everyone knows the best Zelda game.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.