Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Conan the Barbarian vs Elric of Melniboné

The barbarian hero takes on the white wolf

This is a composite conan including the comics, original REH stories and various pastiches while Elric is true to the Michael Moorcock stories

They meet on neutral ground

Who wins?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

…really not seeing this end very well for Conan.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    …really not seeing this end very well for Conan.
    I thought that at first....but then i realized Conan has fought numerous people like elric and even more powerful and won.

Plus during the one time there was an official crossover, he fought elric to a draw before they teamed up

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I thought that at first....but then i realized Conan has fought numerous people like elric and even more powerful and won.

Plus during the one time there was an official crossover, he fought elric to a draw before they teamed up
    Those are exactly why we have shorthand like PIS and SMvFL on the board.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

If Elric is at the normal height of his abilities, Stormbringer is something that Conan should lose to. Conan also fought Captain America to a draw in a crossover.

It's also worth noting that the story was plotted by Elric's creator. It wasn't just some random crossover.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Conan is pretty badass and has some cool feats. He's by no means "realistic." But Elric, though, has Stormbringer and other deadly tricks. This should be his fight to lose.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It's also worth noting that the story was plotted by Elric's creator. It wasn't just some random crossover.
    Yes,I forgot to mention that

Conan is a powerful and clever warrior, usually capable of just overpowering opponents, but also capable of identifying and exploiting weaknesses of supernatural threats. A composite version will have quite a collection of impressive feats.

Elric is a sickly albino sorcerer and intellectual, but he has long used herbs to artificially enhance his strength and endurance, so he is actually an experienced and skilled swordsman. He isn't naturally athletic like Conan, though, so probably not as effective in melee combat. However, Elric has Stormbringer, an indestructible malevolent artifact/demon shaped like a sword. It also provides Elric with enhanced strength and endurance, and guides his sword strikes with inhuman skill. Most importantly, Stormbringer is capable of slaying a god. It can drain an opponent's soul and convert that into greater strength and endurance for Elric.

Conan fights at a disadvantage because he can't afford to even get nicked by Stormbringer, and the sword will be striving to strike that blow. But if Conan can successfully deflect every blow from Elric/Stormbringer, he may eventually find his opening to strike a serious blow. I don't recall any good feats for Elric enduring serious wounds during a fight, while Conan has survived enough concussions to put an entire football team on the disabled list.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Elric can invoke very nasty entities while fighting. Perfectly well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also should be noted that a composite conan has a lot of the powerful weapons used in the movies, comics and extended universe including starmetal weapons and enchanted weapons.
    While Conan dislikes magic, he will use enchanted weapons if needed, including the phoenix sword in his very first appearance.

Hell, in the crossover with elric, he used a magic sword and deflected every blow from stormbringer. And its strongly implied the enchantment on the sword was too weak to actually do anything

If they were forced to duel without magic, yeah, Conan comes out on top. But there's no such restriction in the OP. Stormbringer munches Conan's soul, 10/10.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Also should be noted that a composite conan has a lot of the powerful weapons used in the movies, comics and extended universe including starmetal weapons and enchanted weapons.
    While Conan dislikes magic, he will use enchanted weapons if needed, including the phoenix sword in his very first appearance.

Hell, in the crossover with elric, he used a magic sword and deflected every blow from stormbringer. And its strongly implied the enchantment on the sword was too weak to actually do anything
    Are we using a composite Conan here or just the standard version?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Are we using a composite Conan here or just the standard version?
    Composite Conan is a bit much for ... almost anyone.

(You can't tell if from the first picture, but that's one of the indestructible Captain America shield he has and his sword is a symbite. And in the last picture, he's got a Nova Corps helmet.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Composite Conan is a bit much for ... almost anyone.

(You can't tell if from the first picture, but that's one of the indestructible Captain America shield he has and his sword is a symbite. And in the last picture, he's got a Nova Corps helmet.)
    Oh yeah, he's in Marvel so they can also hype him up.

The OP brought up composite Conan, so I had to ask.