Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What Are The funniest DC Comics Stories?

DC Comics aren’t necessarily known for being comedic but I’ve wondered if anyone knows any of the comics that you think are flat-out funny or hilarious. One comes to mind is Justice League International, but any others?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Went for a story in a book that usually played it straight…:

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    DC Comics aren’t necessarily known for being comedic but I’ve wondered if anyone knows any of the comics that you think are flat-out funny or hilarious. One comes to mind is Justice League International, but any others?
    I know it may sound bizarre, but listen close and I shall tell the story of how it used to be, when we used to laugh a lot. It's true, it's true. Each year, from December to December, there were comical comics a-plenty, from this company of merry-makers, they made us laugh a lot.

Did you hear the one about "The Cat Did It?" Do you know about the Inferior Five? Can I interest you in some Fox and Crow or would you rather dine out with Angel and the Ape? Perhaps your interests gravitate toward the stars. Some Jerry Lewis perhaps, or Bob Hope. Would you like that in a Neal Adams or a Bob Oksner? Have you ever heard of Otto Feuer? What about Sheldon Mayer? Henry Boltinoff--you must have heard of him! Oh PLOP!

Each evening, I must remember to remember, before I drift asleep upon my cot, and think back on all those funny stories, from that company of merry-makers in their glory, who kept me in stitches and made me laugh a lot.

Formerly Known as The Justice League

Incredible Member

the giffen/dematteis/maguire JLI will forever be classic.

Retired

SUGAR AND SPIKE 4 (October-November 1956)--1st story, "Who's Sorry Now?" by Sheldon Mayer:

Fantastic Member

The Robin/Batgirl story where Crazy Quilt locked them in a box. Can somebody help me id that story. It was in the early 2000's.

--jthree

Retired

PLOP! 5 (June 1974)--Super Plops!: "Superman" by writer unknown, art by Murphy Anderson:

PLOP! 8 (November-December 1974)--Super Plops!: "New Guy" by Don Edwing and Kurt Schaffenberger
    PLOP! 13 (June 1975)--Super Plops!: "Superman" [the smog] by writer unknown, art by Schaffenberger:

The majority might not agree, but the Fawcett era of Captain Marvel & The SHAZAM!/Marvel Family had quite a few humorous moments (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-08-2023 at 11:12 PM.

Retired

THE FOX AND THE CROW 14 (February 1954)--1st story, ["$300"] by Alphine Beard and Jim Davis:

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Early Lobo was hilarious, especially at the time. Just a ludicrous, over the top parody of comic book excesses.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Retired

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS 3 (June 1939)--Scribbly by Sheldon Mayer (1st appearance of Ma Hunkel):

Matter-Eater Lad, Esq!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-09-2023 at 12:13 PM.