Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Vance led an Avengers team against the government and Norman Osborn, and was pretty effective at that. He's in the same weight class, and character class, as any of the senior X-Men
    Back when “Satellite titles” existed, that’s the kind of thing a team leader of a sattelite title would do, and as beloved as they are they aren’t on a Cyclops/Wolv/Storm level.

I’ve always liked Justice, but in some ways I feel like Angelica is taking the heat when he’s a far better example of a “passing” mutant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Back when “Satellite titles” existed, that’s the kind of thing a team leader of a sattelite title would do, and as beloved as they are they aren’t on a Cyclops/Wolv/Storm level.

I’ve always liked Justice, but in some ways I feel like Angelica is taking the heat when he’s a far better example of a “passing” mutant.
    Let's clarify something...are you talking as far as popularity with fans? Or like I am...the level of control of their powers and their abilities in the field?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Let's clarify something...are you talking as far as popularity with fans? Or like I am...the level of control of their powers and their abilities in the field?
    As far as popularity goes, he is a C-list (maybe D) hero. While Vance is powerful he is not touching Jean, Exodus, Psylocke/Captain Britain, Nate Grey, Rachel Summers, Kid Q and maybe even Hellion. I assume that comes down to him being self-trained and not having a proper TK teacher.

Vance could benefit from X-Training.

This is kind of the way I see Vance Vs any X-telekinesis.
    download.jpeg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-10-2023 at 08:09 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post

Neither of them are 'passing' mutants, because neither denied the source of their powers and both have followed their conscience without fail.

That neither publicly conceded that they are represented by Emma Frost (child groomer), Cyclops (organized his own mutant death squad), Wolverine (led said death squad and has killed how many people?), Professor X (dear God, where to start?), etc, does not mean they are trying to pass.

It just means they don't want to join a group mind at the Neverland ranch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As far as popularity goes, he is a C-list (maybe D) hero. While Vance is powerful he is not touching Jean, Exodus, Psylocke/Captain Britain, Nate Grey, Rachel Summers, Kid Q and maybe even Hellion. I assume that comes down to him being self-trained and not having a proper TK teacher.

download.jpeg
    As far as level of power yes...but the X-world tends to push certain characters to extreme levels of power like Jean, Exodus, Nate, etc... But when it comes to control of the level of power that he has Vance has no issues.

And the only way X-training would benefit him is if the writers decide to push him into Omega level as opposed to Alpha level. Not every TK user needs to be able to affect matter on a molecular level.

And do you have a larger version of that pic or where it's from??

Neither of them are 'passing' mutants, because neither denied the source of their powers and both have followed their conscience without fail.

That neither publicly conceded that they are represented by Emma Frost (child groomer), Cyclops (organized his own mutant death squad), Wolverine (led said death squad and has killed how many people?), Professor X (dear God, where to start?), etc, does not mean they are trying to pass.

It just means they don't want to join a group mind at the Neverland ranch.
    Dilly Dilly!!!
    Last edited by Chris0013; 11-10-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

As far as level of power yes...but the X-world tends to push certain characters to extreme levels of power like Jean, Exodus, Nate, etc... But when it comes to control of the level of power that he has Vance has no issues.

And the only way X-training would benefit him is if the writers decide to push him into Omega level as opposed to Alpha level. Not every TK user needs to be able to affect matter on a molecular level.

That was from Contest of Champions by Claremont. And Jean was attacking Vance telepathically, which he has no defense against.

In terms of feats, he's had plenty. He's in the same weight class as Jean, Rachel, etc.

Extraordinary Member

That was from Contest of Champions by Claremont. And Jean was attacking Vance telepathically, which he has no defense against.

In terms of feats, he's had plenty. He's in the same weight class as Jean, Rachel, etc.
    That is something I would like to see in Vance. Not add telepathy to his powers...but that he has developed some serious psychic defenses that are on the same level as Cyclops or Steve Rogers. A telepath trying to get in his head should have to work for it...even someone as powerful as Jean or Emma.

I'm just saying Vance could be more powerful with proper training.

Don't quote me but I don't think molecular control is Omega level. I think Hellion an alpha level TK molecular control abilities...not 100% sure though.

Contest of the Champions #3

Let's not be crazy here. He is not on Jean, Rachel, Nate, Exodus level. At most I put him slightly above Hellion.

Ultimate Member

Let's not be crazy here. He is not on Jean, Rachel, Nate, Exodus level. At most I put him slightly above Hellion.
    You don't get to decide that

Extraordinary Member

Don't quote me but I don't think molecular control is Omega level. I think Hellion an alpha level TK molecular control abilities...not 100% sure though.
    molecular manipulation is generally considered an Omega talent. And Hellion had that moment in either a New Mutants series of a Young X-Men that Frost did some mental manipulation and took down some mental blocks Hellion had.

BANNED

download.jpeg

You don't get to decide that
    Lol, alright.

How about you show me when he's been on Jean, Rachel, Exodus etc....level. I am willing to admit I have not followed every issue with Justice in it.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Not against him joining an X-team. He himself never joined. He never wanted it. So as long as he's not on an X-Men tea., his appreciation thread does not belong here.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Not against him joining an X-team. He himself never joined. He never wanted it. So as long as he's not on an X-Men tea., his appreciation thread does not belong here.
    He’s a mutant appearing in an X-book that people want to talk about here in terms of being a mutant and interacting with X-Men. Who cares? If you don’t want to partake in this thread then don’t, but the forum isn’t going to break because there’s a thread you personally feel doesn’t belong. I don’t think fans of his who only ever go into the Marvel forum and have no interest in the X-books would appreciate us making that thread all about mutant and X-Men topics so who cares if there’s thread overlap and he’s only tangentially linked to X-Men stuff? There’s still plenty that people had enough interest in exploring those topics in relation to him, hence this thread.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 11-10-2023 at 01:12 PM.