Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I like the Ewing admits that Orc is a bit of a reach to stand in for Air, but has the demon appeared previously?

Surely there could have been another mutant with air-based powers to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    They broke up and Rictor returned to his ex.
    Haha. That’s the explanation I prefer.

I guess it’s because Rictor is presumed dead with the others.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Poor Rictor. Getting all that useless Druid crap and A doesn't even use him.
    Dunno about that i thought it was a pretty cool new direction for him so he wasn't just another point and shoot mutant.

Mighty Member

I'm struggling to care, because for all the amazing prose and dialogue... this fight feels so without tension or potential consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Dunno about that i thought it was a pretty cool new direction for him so he wasn't just another point and shoot mutant.
    I enjoyed it as well. Considering his upgraded powers and crew of druids created the Isle where 10 mutants and a Brian Braddock currently live, I wouldn't consider any of it useless. Not to mention the creation of the External gate which moved the island and its people to the setting we're currently reading.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Apocalypse calling Ororo magic is just...so...perfect.
    It was exquisite!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Ewing's Storm will definitely be very hard to top. This is arguably her GOAT run (After Claremont of course.)
    I wish we had Lord Ewing longer. Given a 17 year run, I daresay he'd eclipse our Lord Claremont! This issue was great, and his entire run on SWORD/Red has been nearly flawless. Even with just this limited run on the peripheral of the X-line, he's dangerously close to edging out Hickman for the #3 spot(behind Claremont and Morrison)! Can you imagine Lord Ewing writing the flagship book with Storm and Magneto and Wolverine and Jean and Scott, and whomever else?

As it stands, I look forward to the next issue and the conclusion of this space opera!

Long live Lord Ewing! Long live X-Men Red!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sounds wonderful. Too bad for Rictor.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think, as others have said, the issue was fantastic. However, considering all that is happening in the Middle East this issue really resonated so much with me. Ororo taking the position that even if using Uranos would guarantee her side victory, GENOCIDE is never an option. Her defiance against Jonfire was so moving to me and i couldnt help to think Al was using Ororo to make a political point respective to his views in the regards. Nevertheless, it was such a beautiful moment that reiterates why I love the character so much, as she fights for all life. Great job Al!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think, as others have said, the issue was fantastic. However, considering all that is happening in the Middle East this issue really resonated so much with me. Ororo taking the position that even if using Uranos would guarantee her side victory, GENOCIDE is never an option. Her defiance against Jonfire was so moving to me and i couldnt help to think Al was using Ororo to make a political point respective to his views in the regards. Nevertheless, it was such a beautiful moment that reiterates why I love the character so much, as she fights for all life. Great job Al!
    This is indeed not the first time he has done this. Ororo also made similar remarks in Storm & The Brotherhood of Mutants #2. Pressing the button can reset the universe to solve the problem, but that would kill everyone in the universe. No matter how dark the future gets she always makes the right decision. Praise the Bright lady!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    This is indeed not the first time he has done this. Ororo also made similar remarks in Storm & The Brotherhood of Mutants #2. Pressing the button can reset the universe to solve the problem, but that would kill everyone in the universe. No matter how dark the future gets she always makes the right decision. Praise the Bright lady!
    exactly!!! goddess be praised!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If they dont give Al Ewing New X-Men I will riot.

Ok in my head but still.

BANNED

I won't get this issue until next week Tuesday but, based on the way people are going on about X-Red #17 -- I came away with the impression that Ororo whipped Uranos's @$$, usurped his weapon arsenal, and then used it on Genisis for the incontestable win instead of simply magicking her out of existence before Fall of X begins.
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-08-2023 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

I have a feeling that the choice that will break Ironfire will be that he will kill The White Sword and his 99 army just as Storm defeats Genesis, thus freeing everyone. WS will probably die free in Ironfire's arms thus giving him the tragic backstory that a character like him usually has, a la Wolverine.

Amazing Member

This was fucking great. Al Ewing getting his own corner to write Genesis War >>> Fall of X

I've been sitting with this all day, and I just... What is there to say?

What does it mean that one of the world's greatest antagonists, Apocalypse, is willing to FOLLOW and act as a SUPPORT to Storm, something he has not and likely would not do for any other being... and what they just DID, to face against Genesis, who looks at Storm in fear... despite spending unknowable time conquering and she now faces a threat that makes her look scared...

It's just really incredible. Most writers don't know how to write Storm. We can expect that to happen again in the future. So I'm just going to sit with this for as long as I can.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men