Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Default Uncanny Spiderman 3 review and spoilers

Uncanny Spiderman 3

This keeps up the fun with the mix of action, humour and ahem, character moments and moves the plot along at a good rate.

We start with the already released pages; Kurt vs a gigantic Deviant. He frees it from the Orchis mind control device with the hope sword and it returns to the deep, poor old thing, all the while quipping in Kurt manner and while being monitored by The Vulture and Nimrod, who are not amused by him thwarting their set piece (the plan was for the Orchis Sentinels to save NY, not one hyperactive mutant). Silver Sable and her merc team also fail to subdue him. Nimrod is not impressed with either the mercenaries or Vulture employing them.

Best line in the book:

“Do not make the mistake of believing that because you wear the skin of an angel… you may make demands of a god.”

Orchis want Kurt because they don’t understand how he’s evading their scans, they suspect Legion/David (as do we).
    Also, they don’t want a hero defying them.

Toombs is given permission to unleash his hounds.

Information page on Silver Sable International.

Cut to a starlit roof top where Sable and Kurt are in flagrante delicto over a bottle of champagne. Good lad, keeping the mutant end up. They end up singing Lila Cheney songs to each other. It’s both sexy and cute.
    She points out that when they are being Uncanny Spiderman and Silver Sable, she will be out to nail his tail. When they are out of costume, she will be out to be nailed by the tail.

Kurt leaves as he knows where Mystique will be at that time of night, he’s correct. Her mind is in the Bavarian woods, but her body is in NYC. And the Orchis Hounds have her scent.

Reveal of Feral and Dagger, who have been infected by Warlock’s technovirus. They fight, clearly it is different from the mind control Orchis used on Kurt/Rhino/the Deviant, it’s more effective for a start.

Kurt holds his own until Cloak, also a Hound, joins the fight and he is absorbed by Cloak, who then turns his attention on Mystique. Kurt breaks free from Cloak with the HopeSword, freeing his mother too. This frees Tyrone from Cloak momentarily, until Mystique acts in her usual unstable way and shoots him in the head. Sigh.

The Hounds are rounding up mutants to infect them with the technovirus as they have Warlock as their prisoner.

Toombs makes his grand, technovirus enhanced entrance. Toombs is wearing a suit made from Warlock.

TBC in a couple of weeks…
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 11-08-2023 at 08:35 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Uncanny Spiderman 3

This keeps up the fun with the mix of action, humour and ahem, character moments and moves the plot along at a good rate.

We start with the already released pages; Kurt vs a gigantic Deviant. He frees it from the Orchis mind control device with the hope sword and it returns to the deep, poor old thing, all the while quipping in Kurt manner and while being monitored by The Vulture and Nimrod, who are not amused by him thwarting their set piece (the plan was for the Orchis Sentinels to save NY, not one hyperactive mutant). Silver Sable and her merc team also fail to subdue him. Nimrod is not impressed with either the mercenaries or Vulture employing them.

Best line in the book:

“Do not make the mistake of believing that because you wear the skin of an angel… you may make demands of a god.”

Orchis want Kurt because they don’t understand how he’s evading their scans, they suspect Legion/David (as do we).
    Also, they don’t want a hero defying them.

Toombs is given permission to unleash his hounds.

Information page on Silver Sable International.

Cut to a starlit roof top where Sable and Kurt are in flagrante delicto over a bottle of champagne. Good lad, keeping the mutant end up. They end up singing Lila Cheney songs to each other. It’s both sexy and cute.
    She points out that when they are being Uncanny Spiderman and Silver Sable, she will be out to nail his tail. When they are out of costume, she will be out to be nailed by the tail.

Kurt leaves as he knows where Mystique will be at that time of night, he’s correct. Her mind is in the Bavarian woods, but her body is in NYC. And the Orchis Hounds have her scent.

Reveal of Feral and Dagger, who have been infected by Warlock’s technovirus. They fight, clearly it is different from the mind control Orchis used on Kurt/Rhino/the Deviant, it’s more effective for a start.

Kurt holds his own until Cloak, also a Hound, joins the fight and he is absorbed by Cloak, who then turns his attention on Mystique. Kurt breaks free from Cloak with the HopeSword, freeing his mother two. This frees Tyrone from Cloak momentarily, until Mystique acts in her usual unstable way and shoots him in the head. Sigh.

The Hounds are rounding up mutants to infect them with the technovirus as they have Warlock as their prisoner.

Toombs makes his grand, technovirus enhanced entrance. Toombs is wearing a suit made from Warlock.

TBC in a couple of weeks…
    When did Warlock come back? I thought he was dead I must have missed something

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    When did Warlock come back? I thought he was dead I must have missed something
    He always comes back tbh. I anticipated they used his virus to help crack the gate and Krakoa tech, but didn't anticipate this use. Which I think is fantastic because it shows just how devious and deranged ORCHIS is.

Great issue.

Kurt and Sables little dates are very cute and it’s so fun seeing Nightcrawler have fun swashbuckling with his dorky pirate talk.

There was a hint the public is catching on to orchis propaganda now.

Stakes are rising, somehow Kurt’s sword temporarily got rid of the virus. I wonder if Kurt will be needed to cure the infected mutants.

And once again, there’s the emphasis on Hope. The message of hope has popped up in every book in the fall of X run.

Mystique is confusing the past with the present, last time we saw her she said she left the baby, now she says they’ve taken him…..I wonder which is accurate?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

IMG_3906.jpg

Kurt and Sable, er, bamfing.

I'm so happy to see Kurt achieving and providing orgasms during the Krakoa era. #BLESSED-n-BAMFED

A reminder to Feral fans... She had a cameo appearance at the end of the last Astonishing Iceman... implying she will likely be in the next issue.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I tried, but i just cant continue with this book, i just do not care for what is going on with Kurt in this.

Maybe this meets the tastes of some, but not me.

IMG_3906.jpg

kurt did what the original Spider-Man could not what a man
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Animax, Fatale, and Reaper must’ve left the Embassy for lunch and got hit.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

IMG_3906.jpg

I'm surprised they got away with this panel.

Kurt really is the Spider that @#$%'s.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    kurt did what the original Spider-Man could not what a man
    More like "would not," since at the time Silver Sable was implying or hinting her interest in Spider-Man/Peter went beyond professional admiration or respect, Peter was a married man and no cheater.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    More like "would not," since at the time Silver Sable was implying or hinting her interest in Spider-Man/Peter went beyond professional admiration or respect, Peter was a married man and no cheater.
    When that happened it was post-OMD, during Dan Slott's run and before SpOck. He was a free agent as it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they got away with this panel.

Kurt really is the Spider that @#$%'s.
    Damn! Kurt getting after it. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    When that happened it was post-OMD, during Dan Slott's run and before SpOck. He was a free agent as it would.
    Point. He might not have been married, then, but he was reconciling with Mary Jane and getting ready to try again romantically with her, which he didn't want to jeopardize, nor did he want to string Sable along. Of course, Superior/Otto then f***ed it all up, but that's neither here nor there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.