Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

best thing is the return to vice city although lacking the 80s vibe takes some charm out of it

Rockstar just found out about women.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Rockstar just found out about women.
    You could play as a female character in the online modes of GTAV and RD2. But it’s been funny seeing people both complaining about a female player character in the first place and the other side complaining about her not being whatever they want enough (not Mexican enough, too stereotyped etc). Rockstar probably needs to not worry about satisfying everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    You could play as a female character in the online modes of GTAV and RD2. But it’s been funny seeing people both complaining about a female player character in the first place and the other side complaining about her not being whatever they want enough (not Mexican enough, too stereotyped etc). Rockstar probably needs to not worry about satisfying everyone.
    I don't know how much they still do it - but I imagine they make use of it either way - but the whole genesis of GTA being controversial was that Rockstar's own PR intentionally cultivated stories to stoke outrage and elicit opposition from public figures as a sales strategy.

And it's still working. People just line up to do their marketing for them.

Kind of wonder if that could mean Sadie could be the main character in Red Dead Redemption III. Her fate is kind of one of the bigger question marks, and I don't think there's too much they can do with Jack except maybe something to do with World War I? Or just go further back in time with a prequel about the Van Der Linde gang's start...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder if that could mean Sadie could be the main character in Red Dead Redemption III. Her fate is kind of one of the bigger question marks, and I don't think there's too much they can do with Jack except maybe something to do with World War I? Or just go further back in time with a prequel about the Van Der Linde gang's start...
    spoilers:
    She said she was moving to South America. I suppose one could argue that that doesn't mean she did. But she's not around, or mentioned, in the first game. Setting another game any later than that, the Western setting begins to fade away.
    end of spoilers

True. I suppose they could start fresh with a totally new protagonist/set of characters (Which is kind of what Red Dead Redemption was to Red Dead Revolver).

I did kind of forget Langdon Ricketts could also kind of work-and the game perhaps would end with the events in Blackwater (Which the events in RDR2 are set some time after), which Langdon was somehow involved in but it's unclear how. Or have the early Van Der Linde gang as plot B/second character like the Kiryu/Majima storylines in Yakuza 0, which revolve around each other but the two characters never directly meet until the end of the game (although it seems that they're sort of familiar with each other, perhaps met offscreen)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth