Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    That's my biggest issue. Colossus was essentially benched for other writers for most of Krakoa...for this? A few issues where Mikhail's years-long plan amounts to nothing, he's defeated, and that's it? I'm not going to count the Sins of Sinister reveal because that was Gillen using the storyline for his own purposes. We lost Piotr as a character for YEARS in service of a four-issue arc at the end of the run.
    Not forgetting the huge reveal splash page in Inferno that would have made anyone not up-to-date on X-Force just shrug. What’s the big deal with Piotr being on the Council?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Colossus is getting bear by Michail untill he rips out his heart.
    It's like he found my letters
    and read each one out loud.

I don't know how long that Percy initially intended for his X-Force series to last, but it's possible that the Colossus/Mikhail story was overextended when Krakoa era was overextended and did not end after Inferno as was originally intended. A better use of all those extra issues still should have been possible. I'm just trying to suggest a reason for why Piotr's story lasted as long as it did. Agreed that so far the ending hasn't been worth the buildup, but there are a few issues left to go.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    That's my biggest issue. Colossus was essentially benched for other writers for most of Krakoa...for this? A few issues where Mikhail's years-long plan amounts to nothing, he's defeated, and that's it? I'm not going to count the Sins of Sinister reveal because that was Gillen using the storyline for his own purposes. We lost Piotr as a character for YEARS in service of a four-issue arc at the end of the run.
    And if Percy and the other writers cooperated together, the easiest way to integrate this story could have been to make Mikhail part of Orchis' leadership team so that Mikhail's plans actually seem to mean something as opposed to just being random.

What we got: Colossus keeps X-Force in reserve, and then just marches them into Mikhail's trap.
    This does not interact with the Hellfire Gala at all, as this same scheme could have occurred on Valentine's day (Colossus keeps X-Force from being able to exchange Valentine's cards, and then finally says, okay we can go to X-Corp to bring them chocolates. Surprise! Trap!)

What could have been: Instead of the (largely irrelevant) time-travel arc, have several issues where Colossus is in charge of arranging Hellfire Gala security. Some pages are given where QC is discussing Orchis' threat, and Orchis is actually shown to be formidable. Domino and Sage are suspicious about some of the assignments. Domino could still travel to Colossus' home and discover the paints. Then have scenes where Mikhail is actively meeting with Orchis leadership, and gives Nimrod the secrets of how to bypass the defenses. Mikhail tells Moira that Colossus and X-Force is his to control.

In this scenario, rather than the build-up being for nothing (years long plan to trap a few random X-Force members, thrown away to attempt to steal power from Orchis), the build-up is for the Hellfire Gala massacre. Mikhail is actively helping plan things, as opposed to just having random things fall into his' (Colossus') lap. Then the events of these past few issues would be Mikhail calling an audible on his years long plan, to stage a coup on Orchis.

Unfortunately, at the end of all this:
    Mikhail seems like a dumb schemer who just randomly calls audibles.
    Colossus didn't do anything for years but now has to live with killing two people close to him.
    Sage is tarnished from going along with both Beast and Colossus.

Let’s not forget Colossus killed his lady friend as well
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Why not, I'm sure Percy has.

Ultimate Member

With Colossus and how this story ended it makes me fear that Beast and his story will end just as weakly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I enjoyed this but it felt a bit anticlimactic. Mikhail wasn't enough of a threat like he's been built up to be for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Which made it seem like someone can just go missing in Krakoa and X-Factor don’t even follow up on it to see if they should go in the rez queue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Which made it seem like someone can just go missing in Krakoa and X-Factor don’t even follow up on it to see if they should go in the rez queue.
    I don't think X-Factor exists in this corner of the universe. Some writers don't seem terribly interested in following up on stuff introduced by other writers.

All-New Member

I'm sorry to say but Kayla was made up just to be killed by Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That band broke up years ago. Plus Wanda gave them the waiting room.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't know how long that Percy initially intended for his X-Force series to last, but it's possible that the Colossus/Mikhail story was overextended when Krakoa era was overextended and did not end after Inferno as was originally intended. A better use of all those extra issues still should have been possible. I'm just trying to suggest a reason for why Piotr's story lasted as long as it did. Agreed that so far the ending hasn't been worth the buildup, but there are a few issues left to go.
    I think it was only meant for 20 to 25 issues utmost. Since his Ghost Rider is also ending arount 25 issue. It will perhaps relaunch because his Ghost Rider is so good. Especially Talia.

Quote Originally Posted by Joscip View Post
    I'm sorry to say but Kayla was made up just to be killed by Peter...
    Wait. What?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver