Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Any chance Bobby Brown will do a track or two for the soundtrack? "On Our Own" and "We're Back" were my jams.

No?

Either way I'm seeing it opening night.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wasn't a huge fan of the last one.
    I felt it had a good opening and a great ending but the middle definitely dragged. Again, it was just following the kid gang around until the actual Ghostbusters showed up.

Looks interesting, I'm getting a Real Ghostbusters (of which I'm a huge fan of along with its followup series the lesser known but, IMHO, equally fantastic Extreme Ghostbusters) vibe in a good way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I didn't see anything even remotely funny. It looked more like a drama or pretty much anything without the funny. Which is a bit jarring. Couldn't they at least put a little funny into the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I didn't see anything even remotely funny. It looked more like a drama or pretty much anything without the funny. Which is a bit jarring. Couldn't they at least put a little funny into the trailer?
    I think that was kind of Paul Rudd's vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    ^^^You know it’s weird; I’ve read a few different articles over the years, and mostly agree that, if the original ghostbusters had been played straight it would have made for a legit horror movie.

I always loved the gravitas in the one sentence, “the walls in the 53rd precinct were bleeding”…

Both cartoons had creepy stuff also. Writers said they can make it scary as long as they counter it with comedy so boogeyman can scare kids but you get a funny scene with rey acting like a kid same episode.

The video game was the same. Creepy parts like the dead kids in the library and ghost voices in a dark tunnel countered with ghostbusters talking about a ball game while creepy stuff is going on and rey complaining christmas is coming to soon in stores. "Last year santa came to my house dressed as Dracula!"

Comics had some creepy parts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Both cartoons had creepy stuff also. Writers said they can make it scary as long as they counter it with comedy so boogeyman can scare kids but you get a funny scene with rey acting like a kid same episode.

The video game was the same. Creepy parts like the dead kids in the library and ghost voices in a dark tunnel countered with ghostbusters talking about a ball game while creepy stuff is going on and rey complaining christmas is coming to soon in stores. "Last year santa came to my house dressed as Dracula!"

Comics had some creepy parts also.
    ^^^Great points!
    They’ve usually done a great balancing act in regards to horror humor.

Extraordinary Member

I have no problem with creepy bits. But in a movie with "Ghostbusters" in the title, I'm expecting quite a bit of comedy, in much the same way that if I see a Star Wars movie, I'd expect space ships, lightsabers, and the Force. If I see nothing like that in a trailer for it, I'd start to wonder why. All I saw here was some VFX shots, and a hint that something is off in the Ghostbusters world.

That's all I'm saying here. I'd like to see the next trailer contain a few jokes or funny scenes at the very least. Not seeing it here leads me to wonder if there is any comedy to be found in the movie. I hope so.

The title makes it sound like they'll be fighting Elsa.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This looks great, I cannot wait to see it in IMAX.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The ghostbusters never bothered her anyway!

I am not a Ghostbusters fan in the slightest, but this teaser did something for me. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Any chance Bobby Brown will do a track or two for the soundtrack? "On Our Own" and "We're Back" were my jams.

No?

Either way I'm seeing it opening night.
    If only Bobby could still put it down like he did back in the day. I would love a song lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I am not a Ghostbusters fan in the slightest, but this teaser did something for me. I liked it.

If only Bobby could still put it down like he did back in the day. I would love a song lol.
    He's one of the reasons I defend part 2. I like it anyway (maybe in spite of itself), but the score by Randy Edelman and the soundtrack (which is great in and of itself, not just the two Bobby Brown songs) plus remembering seeing it opening night with my parents all blends together for a beloved movie in my mind. I'd like to think if they had got a part 3 going in the 90s Bobby Brown would have returned for the soundtrack. Alas.

3 and I guess 4, its all about the score vs the soundtrack I guess. Rob Simonsen did the score for Afterlife, and I wonder if he's returning for Frozen Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

HEY! New Edition sounded passable at the Rock & Roll HoF induction last week. He was ok...