Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    HEY! New Edition sounded passable at the Rock & Roll HoF induction last week. He was ok...
    They really did do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    HEY! New Edition sounded passable at the Rock & Roll HoF induction last week. He was ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    They really did do a great job.
    Yeah they've been on a lot of tours lately. Seeing all of them together (Bobby Brown AND Johnny Gill) would be fun.

Hey maybe New Edition could do a song for Frozen Empire! Fingers crossed Jason Reitman reads CBR forums.

There's a reason it felt like a live action RGB episode: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/11...8X6TW-U-2BRX7A

“I am a huge fan of The Real Ghostbusters (the animated series) and that show was a point of reference for this movie. The filmmakers wanted to make a long episode of the animated series. So if you love that show as I do, be excited.”

And Patton drops some spoilers, lol.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well in that case...guess we're getting some Slimer action at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's a reason it felt like a live action RGB episode: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/11...8X6TW-U-2BRX7A

“I am a huge fan of The Real Ghostbusters (the animated series) and that show was a point of reference for this movie. The filmmakers wanted to make a long episode of the animated series. So if you love that show as I do, be excited.”

^^^Oh this is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The title makes it sound like they'll be fighting Elsa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The ghostbusters never bothered her anyway!
    ^^^Bwahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well in that case...guess we're getting some Slimer action at some point.
    Patton made reference to an onion headed diva of a co-star before the strike.

Sounds like he may be sharing scenes with a certain green spud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Oh this is good news.

^^^Bwahaha!!!
    Pretty sure there's gonna be some Frozen jokes.

Especially since the main villain is supposed to be a female demon elemental of some sort.

Also, JMS consulted with director and producers. He wrote some of the best RBG episodes as well as being the showrunner for the top run of the series.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-09-2023 at 01:44 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Closer look at updated gear via new BTS video:

That’s awesome! I loved that show.

Hopefully Patton has some fun scenes with Slimer.

I’m really happy it’s seemingly a new villain ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s awesome! I loved that show.

Hopefully Patton has some fun scenes with Slimer.

I’m really happy it’s seemingly a new villain ghost.
    Same here, the one aspect of Afterlife I didn't like was the recycling of Gozer as the big bad. I still enjoyed the movie overall, but I wish the ending had been more original. I understand why they did it but I still would have preferred a new villain if only a high-ranking Gozer minion.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-10-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here, the one aspect of Afterlife I didn't like was the recycling of Gozer as the big bad. I still enjoyed the movie overall, but I wish the ending had been more original. I understand why they did it but I still would have preferred a new villain if only a high-ranking Gozer minion.
    I think it worked in the context of the story for Afterlife and was needed to use a shorthand method to get new Ghost Heads on board.

That being said, the overwhelming survey responses from fans and non-fans alike on their paid outreach via Survey Junkie and social media response was, "NEW VILLAIN please" for a sequel.

Ghost Corps and Reitman/Akroyd like that idea but studio heads likes the idea of running the super popular mini Pufts again (even talked about a spinoff show with them) or Vigo.

It appears the fans and creators won (I hope).

Slimer confirmed. From the picture looks like he is hanging out at the firehouse again.

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/12...frozen-empire/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've watched this trailer a few times now and am really excited.
    I'm excited about this franchise in a way I wasn't for 20+years.
    Now that things are on track it really feels like a proper GB4 with our OG cameos again.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Slimer confirmed. From the picture looks like he is hanging out at the firehouse again.

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/12...frozen-empire/
    The production team and actors keep saying RGB was a template for this movie ...

Will he be full on pet Slimer in this? Here's hoping.

Also, THAT MFING ICE GHOST SNAKE!!! What!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've watched this trailer a few times now and am really excited.
    I'm excited about this franchise in a way I wasn't for 20+years.
    Now that things are on track it really feels like a proper GB4 with our OG cameos again.
    I'm hoping they keep snagging younger fans again as well as get a new or RGB continuation cartoon going again.

I can't tell you how many tweens/teens were at all 8 times I saw afterlife in theaters they said they never saw the OG film. They were there for Finn and McKenna. That's how you rope the older kids, now for the younger ones!

A bunch of new merch is dropping with Zeddemore Industries Inc, GB Engineering division.

Winston is going full Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne up in here!

A bunch of new merch is dropping with Zeddemore Industries Inc, GB Engineering division.

Winston is going full Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne up in here!
    That’s kinda a perfect role for the character. If there was one OG Ghostbuster that was going to invest his money and make rational decisions about the future it was gonna be Winston.

I was watching a few episodes of The Real Ghostbusters and it brought back so many fond memories. One of my favorite cartoons of all time. So happy to hear that the show is seemingly playing a big influence on Frozen Empire.

Still hoping that Patton and/or Kumail Nanjiani get to be official Ghostbusters by the end.