Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bad guys name spoiled by pops and two more ghosts confirmed.

Action figures are out also!

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...1b0ce085a3d411

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bad guys name spoiled by pops and two more ghosts confirmed.

Action figures are out also!

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...1b0ce085a3d411
    Toy aisles have long been the bane of spoiler free fans.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

This is nothing new, toys spoiled the Egon moment with that two-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think the video game basically mentioned that the mood slime is the doing of Gozer's cult too (Possibly as a "Plan B" similar to Afterlife) that allowed Vigo to manifest in the museum and use in his plot.
    Sort of. They captured a juvenile sloar (a sloar was first mentioned by a Vinz Clortho-possessed Louis Tully in Ghostbusters 1) from Gozer's dimension. Sloars basically resemble terror dogs just with no horns or eyes. They (Shandor and his cult) tortured one to produce black slime, which looks pink once it's refined. Then they pumped it into the abandoned New York Pneumatic Railroad.

And yeah Vigo was a simple class 4 ghost supercharged to class 7 (Gozer's class) thanks to the slime. I know the cartoon created more classes beyond Class 7 (I think it went up to class 24) but I prefer to stick with the movies in that regard. The thing is, if Shandor's cult was all over the US (if not the world) there could be other hidden rivers of slime out there, potentially turning other class 4 ghosts into class 7s.

And yeah Vigo was a simple class 4 ghost supercharged to class 7 (Gozer's class) thanks to the slime. I know the cartoon created more classes beyond Class 7 (I think it went up to class 24) but I prefer to stick with the movies in that regard. The thing is, if Shandor's cult was all over the US (if not the world) there could be other hidden rivers of slime out there, potentially turning other class 4 ghosts into class 7s.
    The movies and the cartoons use a totally different classification system.

The movies use classifciations to tell you what kind of ghost something is. Class 4 is ghost with humanoid form but unknown identity, Class 6 is animal or animal haunting, etc.

The cartoon used classes as a power based level. Class 3 are more powerful than class 2, class 7 is more power than class 6, yada yada

As a Poltergeist fan I can't help but feel how the Ghostbusters would take on Kane/the Beast.

Although he was kind of minor league as he was mostly interested in one member of a family (although he did kill his own cult and killed a few other people in III) rather than the world-conquering ambitions of Gozer and Vigo.

The team that investigates the house in the first film were kind of a "Ghostbusters lite" in a few ways, and like the Ghostbusters started they had a low-budget setup in a University. Although totally different in personality Marty was a bit like Venkman in that he was the most shallow and skeptical of the three (although this of course changes with Venkman over time). Marty of course got scared away by everything (such as the face melting hallucination) while Venkman pressed on.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

As a Poltergeist fan I can't help but feel how the Ghostbusters would take on Kane/the Beast.

Although he was kind of minor league as he was mostly interested in one member of a family (although he did kill his own cult and killed a few other people in III) rather than the world-conquering ambitions of Gozer and Vigo.

The team that investigates the house in the first film were kind of a "Ghostbusters lite" in a few ways, and like the Ghostbusters started they had a low-budget setup in a University. Although totally different in personality Marty was a bit like Venkman in that he was the most shallow and skeptical of the three (although this of course changes with Venkman over time). Marty of course got scared away by everything (such as the face melting hallucination) while Venkman pressed on.
    I imagine the only difference would be they'd zap and trap the Poltergeist (they are after all "noisy ghosts") themselves. Kane himself though appears to be Class 7 so they'd have to figure out what he wants to get him to leave, as trapping him may be impossible. Since what he wants is to be lead into the light, not sure how they'd accomplish that without a sacrifice similar to Tangina's in part 3.

Columbia Pictures‘ Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire has pushed up its release date by one week, from March 29 to March 22, 2024, Sony announced on Tuesday.
    https://deadline.com/2024/01/ghostbu...te-1235700558/

Ya Kane wasn't minor league he just wasn't interested in world-conquering .

Janine! Suited up!!

FINALLY!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Janine! Suited up!!

FINALLY!!!
    Yes! It’s about time!

I hope Patton becomes an official Ghostbuster by the end of the flick.

Janine as a ghostbuster! Another real ghostbusters nod!

I just can't get that excited for this the OG busters are too old I don't really like the kids I don't care about the mom Paul Rudd is OK I guess atleast Podcast doesn't seem to be there why didn't they just do Extreme Ghostbusters? This is starwars all over again.
    Last edited by choptop; 01-13-2024 at 12:32 AM.

Camera angle side of the containment finally shown and it's very TVG in style.

More of the new packs!

Info says peck won't let the old members go out much to ghostbust so bet they will aid at the firehouse attack and give advise between missions. Sounds like Winsten is taking over the egon leader role from extreme and the young team will do most of the work.