Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its not.

Its a photoshop job. Combined images from two artists (Luciano Vecchio and an artist I don't know the name of) to make a cover homage.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Isn’t a real issue. Marvel artist Luciano Vecchio drew them all in their graduation costumes.
    Damn. Thanks!
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Throwing in Christian Frost. I hope he is not a forgotten character.

Callisto because I thought she needed a bigger role (possibly on the QC) in the era.

I'd like to see at least Northstar and Kyle with their new baby.

And Skin and more of a Gen X reunion.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Polaris hasn’t been seen in the last few months but out of nowhere, she’s been revealed to be a big player in Fall of the House of X - getting an awesome cover and an exciting solicit showing that she’ll have a key role in mutantkind’s strike back at ORCHIS.

Hypothetically, what other character that hasn’t been seen recently and/or isn’t accounted for at the moment would you like to see come out of nowhere and get this kind of surprise reveal?

My first choice would be Betsy, followed by pretty much any of the main Academy X kids - particularly Wind Dancer, Hellion and Surge.
    Within this context definitely Betsy for me as well. She's presumably still in another reality and may not know what has happened, both to the X-Men and to her family in Britain. I can see her being in for quite a shock returning to 616 and everything has been turned upside down. A scene echoing the first appearance of the Corps in XoS, this time actually led by her, would be awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I didn't feel like coming to the Lorna topic just to say this because you fans have the right to rejoice, don't need someone to bring her negative mood! But I really hope there'll be more than an awesome cover. Marvel has been so much a let-down that I won't believe it until the issues are printed and released. For now Lorna just got an awesome cover and some announcement.
    The possibility of a reveal turning out to not be as good as it seems is always a concern about Lorna fans. A lot of the reason I've come off pessimistic and doubtful in the past is because I've been burned that way plenty since 2009.

X-Men Blue comes to mind. Lorna had been in limbo for almost 2 years when Marvel revealed her return in X-Men Blue with a cover paying homage to the famous X-Men #50 Steranko cover. Unfortunately, as the comic was about to release, it became clear that Bunn was more hyped to write Havok than Lorna. Then when the actual issues came out, Havok had way more going for him in them and more of a spotlight, while Lorna was introduced only as "daughter of Magneto" and her presence defined her exclusively in terms of being Havok's ex and Magneto's kid. The series made some improvements after complaints, but the X-Men Blue #28 cover made the underlying attitudes very clear as it had Magneto and Havok fighting over an unconscious Lorna like some kind of trophy.

I could name various other cases too, but I'd just be flogging a dead horse when I think that one example is good enough.

Several things make this case different enough to inspire hope. Duggan's already written 616 Lorna before, and when he has, it's been the best writing of her in over a decade. He actually considered her philosophical side in Devil's Reign. He also built up Lorna and Jean's relationship a bit after so many decades apart. This announcement feels different from so many past announcements too. Marvel made a bigger show of it, she's explicitly named in the synopsis and described as Krakoa's last hope in the announcement, top talent is working on it for one of their most important event-based minis. Her story involvement here will be to actually move things forward within the franchise as a character instead of a punching bag or plot device. It's a very different situation from a fleeting cover reveal at a con.

There's always the risk of things turning out bad. But this is a rare moment where it's safer to have some faith and get more excited.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    More New Mutants getting their due!

Cyphers won the best elevation of New Mutie this era. Sunspot has a great spotlight now in XMen Red, Rictor had a good spotlight and reinvention earlier on in Excalibur.

New Mutants in general as a team had a good early on spotlight with some love from Hickman, but transitioned more to new characters later in the run too heavily.

Magik is consistently featured, BoomBoom is good for a pop up, and Dani’s always around but never gets the full feature but sounds like she’ll get more spotlight soon. Cannonball could have a lead in Dead X-Men, but was mostly absent.

I think Magma never gets a feature and has the most potential and I can’t believe she wasn’t part of the terraforming of Mars still. Karma Wolfsbane and Warpath were just background characters by the end of NM run. Warlock is in mix but usual as a plot device.
    Yes, any New Mutant getting the spotlight would be great, particularly Cannonball (who I hope will be done justice in Dead X-Men or Magma!

I’ll throw Banshee into the mix too. I’m not sure what exactly happened to him in Spurrier’s series or where he is now but he deserves a big moment.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I’ll throw Banshee into the mix too. I’m not sure what exactly happened to him in Spurrier’s series or where he is now but he deserves a big moment.
    It really has to be Banshee, if the whole thing with Moira doesn't end with him being around, then the whole X-Men line is completely broken beyond repair. After all, Sean and Moira have been more or less together for almost 50 years and it's utterly ridiculous that he hasn't been involved at all, except to have been made to look stupid.

I've got absolutely no idea what the writers and editors have against the idea of having Banshee in any book as a reasonable version of himself, but it really is time he got the chance to do something other than die pathetically.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    I think Magma never gets a feature and has the most potential and I can’t believe she wasn’t part of the terraforming of Mars still.
    So much agreement there. The decision to have just the Omegas show up for the terraforming was dumb. It would have made more sense to me if dozens of other mutants were working behind the scenes *for months* leading up to the big splashy reveal at the Gala, with non-Omega figures like Forge (figuring out the math of it all) and Magma (tectonics) and teleporters like Magik (teleporting in cometary ice) all playing big roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    It really has to be Banshee, if the whole thing with Moira doesn't end with him being around, then the whole X-Men line is completely broken beyond repair. After all, Sean and Moira have been more or less together for almost 50 years and it's utterly ridiculous that he hasn't been involved at all, except to have been made to look stupid.

I've got absolutely no idea what the writers and editors have against the idea of having Banshee in any book as a reasonable version of himself, but it really is time he got the chance to do something other than die pathetically.
    He was, back in the day, the big gun of the team, with it being said that his sonic scream was their biggest hit, bigger than Storm's lightning or Cyclop's optic blast, so much that he *more than once* decanted so much whoopass that he 'strained his voice' and had no powers for extended periods, because he was just too damn powerful!

And he has history with Moira, which he has absolutely been forbidden to address at all during this Age of Krakoa, just like how Proteus *is her son, that she kept locked up for a decade like the thing under the stairs* and that's another Moira-relevant-tie that's been absolutely forbidden to mention, because this 'Moira' is essentially a completely different character than the Moira MacTaggart we read about so many years ago, and the writers don't want to muddle their one-note 'Moira = psycho villain' story by having any of her previous connections prove relevant to *this* story.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-09-2023 at 09:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Betsy

Ten characters.

Incredible Member

Banshee has been ill used for years. He should have been a featured played in the Moira centered storyline, instead of the victim of character, and actual, assassination. He was a powerful, steady team member for years, shown to be close to Forge, Jean, Beast, Emma and his students .
    The Vox Ignis storyline provided a needed reset, but he needs to be pulled off the bench, and put in a leadership role.

You know who shouldn't get such star treatment? Ms Marvel. Her presence is being elongated into the entire Marvel comics franchise. Neither x-office nor avengers office from comics can let go of her MCU synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Banshee has been ill used for years. He should have been a featured played in the Moira centered storyline, instead of the victim of character, and actual, assassination. He was a powerful, steady team member for years, shown to be close to Forge, Jean, Beast, Emma and his students .
    The Vox Ignis storyline provided a needed reset, but he needs to be pulled off the bench, and put in a leadership role.
    I can get behind a Banshee ascension, for sure! That sexy ginger daddy needs some TLC and respect on his name.
    I really thought last year's Gala cameo and his stint in Marauders was paving the way to have him be a more active presence in Emma's life, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Betsy

Ten characters.
    I miss Betsy Tencharacters.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Just gotta come back and say Rachel Summers and my number one always Betsy Braddock

Rachel Summers finding out about Jean and Scott. And IDK either going one on one with Nimrod.

And Betsy just feeling the guilt of being in the multiverse helping out all the other Betsy's problems when the ORCHIS one was huge in her own world.

Rachel and Betsy vs the ORCHIS top 3 (Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, and red dude im forgetting his name)

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I too agree.
    (I feel that Warren can fall in the category. Sadly)

I didn't feel like coming to the Lorna topic just to say this because you fans have the right to rejoice, don't need someone to bring her negative mood! But I really hope there'll be more than an awesome cover. Marvel has been so much a let-down that I won't believe it until the issues are printed and released. For now Lorna just got an awesome cover and some announcement.
    While it’s always good to have some skepticism this writer in particular showed he was willing to branch out from writing Lorna as diet Jean of 90s X-Factor. Many other writers have been unwilling to see the character as more then a generic heroine that exists to further other characters stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Knowing Duggan, he will probably bring Lorna in to perform an impressive feat with a few shallow character beats, maybe he keeps her around for the rest of the book in the background and gives her a couple of one liners and one last coffee joke.
    Perfectly defined.

X-fans get hyped to easily.