Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which other characters would you like to see get the Polaris treatment?

Polaris hasn’t been seen in the last few months but out of nowhere, she’s been revealed to be a big player in Fall of the House of X - getting an awesome cover and an exciting solicit showing that she’ll have a key role in mutantkind’s strike back at ORCHIS.

Hypothetically, what other character that hasn’t been seen recently and/or isn’t accounted for at the moment would you like to see come out of nowhere and get this kind of surprise reveal?

My first choice would be Betsy, followed by pretty much any of the main Academy X kids - particularly Wind Dancer, Hellion and Surge.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

I would def like to see Logan, Cable, Bishop get the star treatment. I feel like they been pushed back and held back in the past couple years.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I would like to see characters like Rictor, Wrongslide, Sunspot, Monet, Bei, Greycrow, etc who felt their roles in the franchise were slightly heightened due to this era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'm going to go with Greycrow. After Hellions he became a favorite of mine but the X-Office dropped the ball with continuing the momentum.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Knowing Duggan, he will probably bring Lorna in to perform an impressive feat with a few shallow character beats, maybe he keeps her around for the rest of the book in the background and gives her a couple of one liners and one last coffee joke.

I would much rather the characters I like get the Al Ewing treatment. Like Rictor, Monet (and the St. Croix siblings), Prodigy, Chamber, and the Guthries.

The winged dude who was blown up in latest Dark X-Men. *sigh*
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Jubilee, she deserves it.

Following the core of the question, if you really want a situation similar to what Lorna's getting, it needs to be a character that most people wouldn't expect to get this kind of treatment. What made this so effective for Lorna is how she's been routinely underestimated and underutilized for decades to a point where this reveal was a genuine surprise all around.

That means setting aside big names like Wolverine. Nobody's gonna be surprised by him doing something big. Pretty much any character that's considered big enough to get their own solo ongoing book in the modern day won't generate the same response.

I don't have any specific suggestions for characters. I just felt it was relevant to make these observations for the good of discussion.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Following the core of the question, if you really want a situation similar to what Lorna's getting, it needs to be a character that most people wouldn't expect to get this kind of treatment. What made this so effective for Lorna is how she's been routinely underestimated and underutilized for decades to a point where this reveal was a genuine surprise all around.

That means setting aside big names like Wolverine. Nobody's gonna be surprised by him doing something big. Pretty much any character that's considered big enough to get their own solo ongoing book in the modern day won't generate the same response.

I don't have any specific suggestions for characters. I just felt it was relevant to make these observations for the good of discussion.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The context is a key factor.

While the cover in question is absolutely stunning, what made it as impactful as it is has been the hype surrounding this character, with the lack of utilization (or misutilization) all along the way. She was the fan vote, but outside of a polarizing new costume and a more voluminous exposure for 12 months and some change... fans didn't really get to feel their vote matter. This feels like Duggan's finally saying "It matters".
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I would def like to see Logan, Cable, Bishop get the star treatment. I feel like they been pushed back and held back in the past couple years.
    I feel like Logan is starting to show back up in a lot of places, but I would love to see Cable be a big part of the mainstream action rather than always having side adventures -- first fighting the CotV during FoX and now off fighting the Neocracy with his younger self during FotHX/RotPX. A guy with his future knowledge, technology, aptitude for planning and also this little thing called a techno-organic virus (derived from the Phalanx source code) should feature into things in a big way, especially with the whole Dominion subplot coming to a head soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the mini series spotlight he's getting, but it puts him off to the side instead in the middle of the main event. And he used to be more of a core character, going back to X-Cutioner's Song in the 90s but also during the whole Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming trilogy too in the 00s.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The context is a key factor.
    I too agree.
    (I feel that Warren can fall in the category. Sadly)

I didn't feel like coming to the Lorna topic just to say this because you fans have the right to rejoice, don't need someone to bring her negative mood! But I really hope there'll be more than an awesome cover. Marvel has been so much a let-down that I won't believe it until the issues are printed and released. For now Lorna just got an awesome cover and some announcement.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Betsy Braddock and Danielle Moonstar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Polaris hasn’t been seen in the last few months but out of nowhere, she’s been revealed to be a big player in Fall of the House of X - getting an awesome cover and an exciting solicit showing that she’ll have a key role in mutantkind’s strike back at ORCHIS.
    Once again i wouldn't count the chicken before they hatch here.

This might come and go without leaving much of a mark, a trend that the character has experienced multiple time in the current "era".

Wouldn't mind being wrong here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Hypothetically, what other character that hasn’t been seen recently and/or isn’t accounted for at the moment would you like to see come out of nowhere and get this kind of surprise reveal?
    As much as Marrow would be my prefered choice for a character to get some good moments and be a given a chance to shine, she isn't in any state to actualy "deserve" or fullfill such a push at the moment.

The character still has potential, but more in a "fixer upper" kind of way. Good bones so to speak (pun).

What she needs is a slow steady build up or perhaps even complete reconstruction in the backround until enough readers might actualy consider her valid enough to get upped to even B-rank. But since many of the currently well regarded writers seem to consider her a joke or downright disgrace, this seems unlikely.
    Unless some movie or cartoon suddently uses her in a great way and the comic department suddently tries to hurry her into prominence in the comics too.

So instead my pick would be Warpath.

Male - El Aguila
    Female - Skein
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Dust
    Chamber
    Greycrow