Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I think i'd have rather seen beast than Emma. Not becauase I don't like Emma but because after glancing at the way beast has been acting on krakoa, thoughts about sublime beast and that one line of black swan...
    "You are you Henry Phillip MCCoy? Other you's have tried this before. The Beast is not a name unknown in the game of worlds"

It should have been beast and not only that since Xavier gave him the MIND STONE to hold in his death. . . I think beast should be using krakoa and all those events to set himself up as the puppet master of mutantkind. He's everything
    Sinister wanted to be plus some or could be, but the idea that he's a scientist and IN TUNE with what the Illuminati would believe in originally make him the best choice.

Adam doesn't belong here... at all.. Not because of power but because he's ... He's unsullied in a way that marvel could use to make him an equal version of theier superman. Him just being good or doing the right thing on that "Cap giving a speech" level of righteousness fits him more than this. Everything about the CHARACTER of the blue marve i.e. his character and nobility inform me that he'd be a PROBLEM for the illuminati not someone to join them.
    "What do we do about adam..." or "How do we keep Blue Marvel off the board during this" is a thing they could do that would show they consider all factors and also *nod* that he's a powerful character under no ones control. (Lone shooters are always a problem).

TLDR: Sorry if this sounds like gibberish hope I got it across. Imho Beast is a better fit than emma (and hell he could make himself telepathic) and Adam Brashear might have moved in secret but NOT to gain control. He's oppose this and he's not beholden to any of them so he'd be a noticeable interference point they're aware of as well. "Hmph. If we do this what about Doom..."; "and" Hard Stares "What about Professor Brashear..." my thoughts
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I think i'd have rather seen beast than Emma. Not becauase I don't like Emma but because after glancing at the way beast has been acting on krakoa, thoughts about sublime beast and that one line of black swan...
    "You are you Henry Phillip MCCoy? Other you's have tried this before. The Beast is not a name unknown in the game of worlds"

It should have been beast and not only that since Xavier gave him the MIND STONE to hold in his death. . . I think beast should be using krakoa and all those events to set himself up as the puppet master of mutantkind. He's everything
    Sinister wanted to be plus some or could be, but the idea that he's a scientist and IN TUNE with what the Illuminati would believe in originally make him the best choice.

Adam doesn't belong here... at all.. Not because of power but because he's ... He's unsullied in a way that marvel could use to make him an equal version of theier superman. Him just being good or doing the right thing on that "Cap giving a speech" level of righteousness fits him more than this. Everything about the CHARACTER of the blue marve i.e. his character and nobility inform me that he'd be a PROBLEM for the illuminati not someone to join them.
    "What do we do about adam..." or "How do we keep Blue Marvel off the board during this" is a thing they could do that would show they consider all factors and also *nod* that he's a powerful character under no ones control. (Lone shooters are always a problem).

TLDR: Sorry if this sounds like gibberish hope I got it across. Imho Beast is a better fit than emma (and hell he could make himself telepathic) and Adam Brashear might have moved in secret but NOT to gain control. He's oppose this and he's not beholden to any of them so he'd be a noticeable interference point they're aware of as well. "Hmph. If we do this what about Doom..."; "and" Hard Stares "What about Professor Brashear..." my thoughts
    Beast has crossed too many lines for anyone to be comfortable with him in their company.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Beast has crossed too many lines for anyone to be comfortable with him in their company.
    Yeah I've heard about some of the stuff he's done. Doesn't sound like he cares about his deeds doing anything for a good cause anymore. Everything is about HIS own ends. Dark Beast would be proud.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

How does Strange avoid property taxes? Illuminati!
    Or perhaps Stephen just needs to establish that he is practicing a religion -- several of them in fact, since magic is in part based on myriad belief systems and direct interactions with godlike beings -- and that his dwelling is in effect a religious facility serving his community of worshippers, i.e., other magicians. As with every other church in the USA, he would not pay taxes. No special tinkering from the Illuminati needed.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would like to believe that Adam can see and understand the need for him to evolve his perspectives on how he can be impactful in this day and age. Maybe he now sees how joining a group like this allows for him to make moves he would've been hesitant to do in decades past. Narratively maybe Adam is considering the need act in a more grey area. My only concern is the prospect of nerfing Blue Marvel's intelligence and power. If he is hinted at as big brick dude, this a wash. Biased, incompetent writers have continued to be the only problem for characters on Blue Marvel and Sentry's level.
    I agree. I think Adam after decades of being under the control of others, whether it's the US government or the clandestine dealings of groups like the Illuminati has finally decided that it's time for him to take a more active role in helping form benign policy decisions for the betterment of the common man. This may also present and opportunity for Adam to become a bit more edgy in presentation himself. He's entering a room naked where everyone has indestructible claws and likes to use them. It will be nice for a change to see this old majestic eagle flash his indestructible talons as well. Not in a pissing contest sort of way, but just to remind everyone that constantly doing the wrong thing for the right reasons rarely yields a lasting good.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Yeah I've heard about some of the stuff he's done. Doesn't sound like he cares about his deeds doing anything for a good cause anymore. Everything is about HIS own ends. Dark Beast would be proud.
    Oh bollocks. I thought the White Queen of the hellfire club was on the team for a second there. My mistake. No?
    No seriously this is the team that was famously blowing up worlds and killed a justice league and 2 things really.
    1. The illuminate don't know what Beast did/has done. We the AUDIENCE know what he's gotten up to but being in our company is at poor stick to measure anything by.

2. It after the whole kill great society thing, (AND THINGS OF THE SUCH) the illuminati really isn't a force a heroic super team, so that type of pretense is ... distasteful.
    Just by the fact that he inherited the mindstone they should follow up with that. Imo.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

I never thought the Illuminati was a great idea, and I have to say that this mini series is continuing the tradition of using it poorly.

We have Thanos, a guy who can tank entire Avengers teams, attacking and stealing an American city.

That's not a problem asking for a 'hush hush' solution, but an 'All hands on deck' situation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Oh bollocks. I thought the White Queen of the hellfire club was on the team for a second there. My mistake. No?
    No seriously this is the team that was famously blowing up worlds and killed a justice league and 2 things really.
    1. The illuminate don't know what Beast did/has done. We the AUDIENCE know what he's gotten up to but being in our company is at poor stick to measure anything by.

2. It after the whole kill great society thing, (AND THINGS OF THE SUCH) the illuminati really isn't a force a heroic super team, so that type of pretense is ... distasteful.
    Just by the fact that he inherited the mindstone they should follow up with that. Imo.
    White Queen does it better, honestly.

There are open lines of communication between the X-Men and Avengers, especially now. The Avengers might not know the details of what Hank's been up to, like poisoning a child, but the X-Men would have no reason to conceal that he's gone off the deep end.

And as the leader of a black ops team, all Beast has really done is f**k things up. He's not just evil, but stupid evil

I never thought the Illuminati was a great idea, and I have to say that this mini series is continuing the tradition of using it poorly.

We have Thanos, a guy who can tank entire Avengers teams, attacking and stealing an American city.

That's not a problem asking for a 'hush hush' solution, but an 'All hands on deck' situation.
    I don't see how they are the only ones to notice. Usually their escapades involves leaving the planet or universe to deal with something that might reach earth. A lot of people would need to be sleeping on the job to not notice a city being taken.

Invincible Member

That's actually the point under both Bendis and Hickman...that these guys getting together doing stuff behind the scene is a bad idea.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's actually the point under both Bendis and Hickman...that these guys getting together doing stuff behind the scene is a bad idea.
    The problem is that the writers use so much PIS that it's hard to hold it against the concept itself.

Under Hickman, this collection of super brains somehow never realize that the incursions might be an coordinated attack until the very end.

Under Bendis, they screw up right in the beginning with skrulls

The problem is that the writers use so much PIS that it's hard to hold it against the concept itself.

Under Hickman, this collection of super brains somehow never realize that the incursions might be an coordinated attack until the very end.

Under Bendis, they screw up right in the beginning with skrulls
    With Bendis I agree. But with Hickman, it’s the point of the story. Steve says at the beginning if you build a bomb you will see everything else as targets. And they wiped his mind. But he was right cause very quickly they turned to blowing up other Earths. Pretty much every single character on the roster has an opportunity to figure out the true nature of the threat or prevent further chaos but they don’t because they chose to follow their egos and feel they can best solve everything on their own. The end result being Battleworld with Doom a genius figuring the only way he could save everything was to do whatever he needed to do , destroy countless worlds to “save us”. Which is ironic cause early on Reed could’ve shared what was happening with Doom and perhaps together they could’ve found a solution but in their own ways ended up causing the problem. I thought it was a nicely done take down of the old boys club without getting too preachy (like Bendis did and how Hickman did this again with Magneto and Xavier in HoX - but I forgive him there cause his initial plan changed and he essentially wrote himself off the story).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Hulk is not in issue 1 but he is in 2.
    He is not shown in issue 3 on the cover however.
    Did thanos knock him out in issue 2?
    Maybe he was used as a distraction since he is highly aggressive and is going after monster types.
    I did not realize until today there was preview last month for thanos 2.
    No one posted it here,so here it is or the link for it.

Exclusive Preview: “Thanos” #2
    We described the first issue of Christopher Cantwell and Luca Pizzari’s new “Thanos” miniseries as an enjoyably sparse outing for the Mad Titan. We’ll unfortunately have to wait until the New Year for the second issue, but in the meantime, we are pleased to present an exclusive, unlettered first look, where Hulk slowly but surely strides into a rematch with the evil Eternal.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...hanos-vol-4-2/

Extraordinary Member

It looks like the Illuminati are using the same tactic that hickmen's avengers did when thor and hickmen's hyperion was on the team.
    Use hulk as a distraction/softern thanos up and his team the black order when they invaded earth.

The hair on Hulk on the cover...